Good afternoon multiboxers,

I have some what of a theorycrafting question for you guys. I know many of you play 5x shaman, so this question can apply to all of you. Also, to anybody multiboxing a team with multiple healers, this applies to you as well.

I am trying to get a fix on how you guys are handling healing. Obviously you could just bind your heals to your keys for each person and then when you hit the key, everyone heals the target. That seems like overkill to me. I know you clever MBers have to have something more elegant up your sleeves.

The Setup: (if you look in my signature basically my whole team can heal)...
  • Shaman, although he is enhancement, will act as my "main healer" for a variety of reasons.
  • Paladins will be off healers with my druid mainly staying in bear form (so not healing)
  • Im using f1-f6 for my "beneficial spells" on my characters.
  • F1 - F6 do not pass through, but modifiers on those keys do.
  • Im using jamba for a leaderless system so I can switch to anybody at any time.
My Idea:

Basically its all about coming up with different situations and how you'd want each of your characters to react to them. I decided to try and use a few different bars and modifiers to differentiate what I wanted to happen when I hit my heal buttons. Lets take for example my "big heal" button. Holy light for the paladins and chain heal for the shaman. Its bound to F5

• F5 alone casts the heal on the players target (F5 does not pass through so this will only happen on my current main)
  • Shift + F5 - My shaman, if alive, casts chain heal on the current mains target. If the shaman is dead, pally1 will cast holy light on the mains target. If the shaman and pally1 are both dead, pally 2 will cast holy light ... so on for pally3.
  • Ctrl + F5 - Shaman will cast chain on my main. If shaman is dead, pally 1 casts holy light on main, and so on for the other 2 paladins.
  • Alt + shift + F5 - All players will heal the current main with their "big heal"
  • Ctrl + shift + F5 - All players cast their F5 heal on themselves (this is an oh noes button button).

So basically im trying to create a fall through system of healers and avoid overhealing. Hope this wasnt too much of blather... I guess my question is... how are you guys handing it? I am interested in other perspectives before spending my time setting up all these macros.

Thanks and have a great day.