Close
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 53

Default Paladin Tanking macro

I just started using this macro on my Pally to tank.

/startattack
    /castsequence reset=9/combat/target Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Seal of Righteousness, Judgement of Light, Consecration

I am holding agro a lot better now but that could be because of the patch.

Anyone see anything I should change in the macro? I was thinking of taking the seal out and hot keying it separately.

Since the patch do Pallys still need 490 defense? I have read conflicting opinions on different forums.

Thanks,

With the new patch im holding aggro so good i dont even use a seal half the time heck im even giving my shamans kings instead of salvation

but i spam this macro

/startattack
    /castsequence [combat] reset=8 Consecration, holy shield, Hammer of the Righteous

since they all have a cooldown i dont worry about reset=target
    i use seal of corruption since it dots the target with holy which does helps holding aggro by hitting each target a couple times to apply

but i rarely use it... cept on bosses then i judge it with judgment of wisdom
    Azgalor (PvP)
    Joemamma-Tankadin /Udderkhaos-Shaman
    Udderdeath-Shaman
    Udderdeĺth-Shaman
    Udderdčath-Shaman
    Udderduum-Shaman

Some people use /castrandom instead of castsequence so that cooldowns don't prevent action, allows heavy button mash.

/startattack
    /castrandom seal of righteousness , judgement, holy shield, consecration

From http://aztecknights.eu/macros2.htm which is a page that one of our boxers here set up, you'd have to dig to find his thread where he linked it

Quote Originally Posted by 'GizmoxLoW',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136965#po st136965
    heck im even giving my shamans kings instead of salvation
    Its a good thing too - salvation was removed. Scared the crap out of me the first instance I'd run. :-)

I too don't even seal. I just spam righteous hammer, and I don't even think I need to do that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jheusse',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136968#post 136968
    Some people use /castrandom instead of castsequence so that cooldowns don't prevent action, allows heavy button mash.

/startattack

What happens if the macro tries to cast judgment first without a seal? does the macro get stuck? plus casting seals and judgments burn through so much mana...reason why i have it on another key and just spam holy shield consecration and righteous hammer
    Azgalor (PvP)
    Joemamma-Tankadin /Udderkhaos-Shaman
    Udderdeath-Shaman
    Udderdeĺth-Shaman
    Udderdčath-Shaman
    Udderduum-Shaman

Dunno, my 60 pally has been parked since before 3.0, while my shammy team levels with a buddy who is RAF linked to them on his pally.

Just pointing out the potential utility of the castrandom, it has some versatility. That link I gave you can see how he constructed his team overall.

Went and dug up the original thread Here .

Quote Originally Posted by 'GizmoxLoW',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136998#po st136998
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Jheusse',index.php?page=Thread&postID=136968#post 136968

/startattack

What happens if the macro tries to cast judgment first without a seal? does the macro get stuck? plus casting seals and judgments burn through so much mana...reason why i have it on another key and just spam holy shield consecration and righteous hammer
    castrandom should skip any spell that it can't cast because its in cooldown or otherwise.

If the randomly selected spell is on cooldown, the macro won't fire any spell. You'll get the spell not ready warning. This isn't a problem, however, because you're spamming this button. The next time you press it another spell, hopefully not on cooldown, will be selected and it will fire. Pre-patch, I was using a castsequence as it just felt like the better option. Now I use castrandom as the cooldowns just don't seem to line up in any reasonable pattern.

Cast random only picks from valid spells in the list. Anything on cooldown won't get picked.

Generally I start the beginning of my rotation by hand (AS, cons, hammer and then button mash) but I do not use /castrandom since I haven't had a need for it.
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

Stop using seal in macros!!
    Seals last 2 minutes now, no need to have them in the spam-macros.
    Currently not boxing, info below is not really relevant.

ProtPala+Elemental+Holy+Moonkin+Shadow
    Currently: Level 80+75*4
    Griznia, Leonina, Grizniaah, Leoninja, Grizniiah
    EU - Draenor - PvE
    5xFrostmages @ 45