Close
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 53

Fur, why no shield of righteousness in your macro? that thing is threat grabber extreme! Or you not 75 yet?
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=153016#po st153016
    Not 75 yet. I'm a slow leveler (stupid work taking up all my free time! lol )
    lol. i hear ya. I just hit 77 this morning. SO many 80s already, I feel slow as well. But I have been keeping my trade skills up as well. 8) 80 will come soon enough.

Back on topic. I decided to keep SotR on its own hotkey. It great way to ensure fast single target threat. So if when i pull with AW and it SotR on the first mob to die and then spam the macro from there. I have opened up on the incoming target many times with my shaman and as long as I get the SotR on that target as it gets in range, I never lose agro. Even when that first target is heading to my shaman due to the LB spam before it gets to me.
    That said, I'm sure it could be added to the cast random if someone wanted.
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Try adding a comma at the end of the cast sequence to see if you get better results. I did that but have not had much time to test it out I have been having some hardware issues. From what I understand that comma is like a place holder and fires off when everything is on cool down.

I have found this to be effective:

Code:
    /castsequence reset=60,target Seal of corruption, Judgement of wisdom, Holy Shield, Judgement of light, Holy Shield, Judgement of wisdom, Holy Shield, Judgement of light, Holy Shield, Judgement of wisdom, Holy Shield
    /use Coren's Lucky Coin
    /startattack
    Basically, the seal of corruption on every new target means it rarely ever runs out, though I suppose it's not the most mana efficient. I used to just have /cast Holy Shield up first so it would always proc, but I noticed some issues with it on one of the recent patches, so I went to a loooong sequence that just alternates judgment of wisdom and judgement of light

The Coren's Lucky Coin can be replaced with Gnomergan Auto Blocker if you have that... but it has a 2 min CD, and lasts 20 sec... this arrangement allows it to pop every time it's up as long as everything else falls through. In practical terms, I use explicit keys for my pull and situational stuff (consecrate, exorcism, Holy Wrath, etc, and I have a "need more aggro" button that is just /castrandom Hammer of Righteousness, Shield of Righteousness that I start spamming if my slaves are creeping up on the aggro meter.

I ALWAYS put /startattack at the end of my spam macro so that if everything is on CD or I'm OOM, it at least makes sure I'm hitting SOMETHING

I really like some of the ideas here and may do some adjusting... this was just me sharing what has worked so far.
    -- Author of MultiTool- a set of tools to make life easier for Multi Boxers and/or people who quest together
    -- Author of FlaskMinder - a lightweight addon to remind you about your food buff and flask/elixirs

Rexxar Horde:
    Main team: 80 Prot pally, 80 Holy/Disc Priest, 80 Arcane Mage
    Alt team: 80 Combat Rogue, 80 Resto Druid

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ualaa',index.php?page=Thread&postID=152557#post15 2557
    Multi-boxing melee is harder then range, because follow breaks once auto-attack begins.
    For range, this is no issue as they sit there and cast/shoot/pluck away.
    For melee, once the first engages, you need to manually move each extra melee into place.

Imagine someone like Prepared with 25 ranged toons.
    Imagine the same with a tank plus 24 melee.

Melee is doable, but ranged is a lot easier.
    All it really takes is including a /follow in your spam macro and knowing how to position and you're golden. (ie, strafe your main a yard or two, ) Its not about the fancy multiboxing tricks you can do, like a "bang you're dead" chain lightning button, or a revolving frost nova, blast wave, arcane explosion mage aoe of doom. Its about how effective you are at running content. Bottom line, there are a number of encounters where fluid melee are a prefereable option to static casters, especially now that most melee have a built in self-healing mechanic.

Anyway, my Paladin tanking macro looks like this for now:

Code:
    /startattack
    /castrandom consecrate,
    /castrandom Seal of Righteousness ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    /castrandom Judgement of Wisdom, Avenger's Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Hammer of Wrath, Cleanse, Holy Shield, Avenging wrath, Divine Plea
    Will include Shield of Righteousness or whatever its called at 75, and I will probably switch out Judgement of Wisdom for Light, if the Nexus was any indication of where I'm headed with Melee boxing.

Have you thought about /castsequence? Get a good 45-60 second sequence going? I know someone was posting about something like that in another thread, something about "6969" and it using every global cooldown. Not that I advocate using every global cooldown, since its nice to have a few free so you can set up a castrandom afterward for self cleansing, divine plea, avenging wrath, and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=153766#po st153766
    Did a lot of instance grinding over the weekend - and mades some notes about how macros were performing.

In short, /castrandom sucks. I know this is opposite of what I've been saying forever, but I really noticed it this weekend. As a Prot Pally, you want Holy Shield up 100% of the time. Well, with a long castrandom macro, it won't be - because the stupid macro will be picking other things (including things that can't be cast).

I havnt' come up with a solution yet, but its on my mind. I may move to something like a warrior tanking macro:

/cast Holy Shield
    /castrandom hammer of righteousness, judgement of (whatever), shield of righteousness

Excorcism, Hammer of Warth, and Divine Plea will probably get there own buttons. I may put Judgements on its own button as well.

This works on my Warrior with a slight modifiction:

/cast Shield Block
    /castrandom [target=mouseover] devestate, revenge, shield bash
    (glyph of sunder armory is mandatory for a warrior tank IMO)

I'm going to keep consecration / thunderclap off the castrandom macros to minimize the "random" choices the macro will attempt to make, thus improving the "spell not ready" problem. More micro managment, but I think it'll be better in the end. Castrandom isn't working out as well as I thought it was. :P
    This will not work for a pally because holy shield is on global cooldown. That tactic works for a warrior because shield block is not on global cooldown.

Using wowphreak's macro should keep holy shield up pretty consistantly. His pre-75 version looked like

/castsequence reset=combat Holy Shield,Hammer of the Righteous,Judgement of Light,Consecration,Hammer of the Righteous,Holy Shield,Judgement of Light,Hammer of the Righteous,Consecration

I modified it a little bit to make it cleaner. I'm pretty sure this macro will use your holy shield every time the cooldown is ready. Taking out the shield of righteousnesses to make it pre-75 means that it's skipping a step in the 9696 sequence and not waiting an entire 9 seconds before going for holy shield. You can spam the crap out of this macro and it should cast holy shield every 8 seconds (which is the cooldown of holy shield).

I'm going to play around with this some more tonight. I'll let you know how that goes.
    Firetree, Alliance.

Adiabat (Prot Pally), Isochor (Holy Priest), Isobar (Frostfire Mage) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Corpsebréw, Corpsebrèw, Corpsebrêw (3x Death Knight) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Femtotank (Prot Warrior), Femtoheals (Disc Priest), Femtosummons (Demo Lock) <Active, 105>

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=153835#po st153835
    The 6969 thing works best if you are only controlling a tank (not multiboxing). It doesn't work so well with you spam the macro imo.
    Using wowphreak's macro makes 9696 mindless to implement. It's one button that works perfectly regardless of how much you mash it. Castsequences don't move on to the next spell until the spell before it has been successfully cast. For example,

/castsequence reset=combat spell1,spell2

Let's say spell1 has a 30 second cooldown and is cooling the first time you press the macro. It will keep trying to cast spell1 every time you press it until that 30 second cooldown is done and spell1 successfully casts. Until then, it will not move on to spell2.
    Firetree, Alliance.

Adiabat (Prot Pally), Isochor (Holy Priest), Isobar (Frostfire Mage) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Corpsebréw, Corpsebrèw, Corpsebrêw (3x Death Knight) <Retired at 80 during WotLK>

Femtotank (Prot Warrior), Femtoheals (Disc Priest), Femtosummons (Demo Lock) <Active, 105>

I'll probably dust off my Pally+4xShaman team this week for a bit... is this macro now the State of the Art for mashable, 1-button Pally tanking?

/castsequence reset=combat Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous,
    Judgement of Light,,Consecration, Hammer of the Righteous, Holy
    Shield,,Judgement of Light, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration,

once yeh get shield of righteousness add it between the 2 commas and at the end
    Fursphere, what did you settle on?
    Cranky old-timer.

Bump.

I'm working on refining my spam paladin macro. Any further thoughts from those who were experimenting with the cast sequence and cast random ideas near the end of this thread?
    80 Blood Elf Paladin, 80 Blood Elf Priest,80 Troll Mage, 80 Undead Warlock, 80 Tauren Druid, 80 Undead Rogue
    80 x4 Shaman (Orc x3, Troll)

Madoran - Horde - PvE