Close
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 53

/startattack
    /castsrandom Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Light, Consecration, Holy Shield

Something like that? allthough you could also add excorcism and holy nova (which also got to be instant <3)

You guys are missing the bigger picture, castrandom judgement of light, crusader strike, hammer of justice, (2 or more, Divine Storm), (and if demon/undead) exorcism

Who needs a prot pally to tank anymore? pff just get 2 ret pallys :-P

I'm not that great as a pally, but my 62 and another 62 did a full regular ramps clear, no wipes, no heals (other then instant flash's) no 'tank.' Please, Blizzard, don't nerf ret pallys :-)
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sarduci',index.php?page=Thread&postID=137058#post 137058
    Cast random only picks from valid spells in the list. Anything on cooldown won't get picked.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. While tanking heroic SH last night, I was mashing my /castrandom macro and it would try to pick some of the spells on CD while my Holy Shield sat waiting to be cast for 4 or 5 pushes of the key. Maybe I'm missing something in my macro. I'm basically using:
    /castsrandom Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Light, Consecration, Holy Shield

Well, I didn't really see anything in this thread that said it was specificaly multiboxing he was talking about, but I'll let you know when/if I get 5 70 pallys. Probably not, but it'll be fun to try a full ret pally group at least once. Esp since judgements stack(4 judgement of light and 1 wis, with everyone using seal of light, probably get through all the trash in most heroics without much problems. or a need for a dedicated healer. And don't forget the Divine storm bit of healing.

Only stating 2 ret pallys was just in reference to my experience with another person in a group. I don't think you could do much higher then ramps if you were an equal level/gear to the instance with only 2 ret pallys (no tank/healer)

Now, I know ret aura stacks, if devo does too, you'll have as much armor (if not more) then 1 prot pally. Not the block rating, of course, but the damage mitigation from just armor should be pretty impressive. Of course, that is only if devo aura stacks.
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

I am thinking of changing my macro to 2 macros.

First to help when I need extra heals:

/startattack
    /castrandom Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Light

Second for when I need extra mana regen:

/startattack
    /castrandom Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement of Wisdom

Then have the seals on their own separate buttons and consecrate on a separate button also.

Do you guys think it is better using the 2 macros and separate key binds?

I am starting to run out of keys though and might need to get an x-keys or hook up my N52.
    I do use a G15 keyboards but don't use the G keys.

you should be able to link them with a modifier (or nomod) something like /castrandom [modifier] Wisdom, spell, spell; Light, spell, spell -- What this *should* do is cast your Light sequence if no modifier is present, and if you hold down alt, ctrl or shift, then your Wisdom sequence.
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks

Hmm that aint a bad idea :P

something along the lines of

/startattack
    /castrandom Holy Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, [nomod] Judgement of Light, [mod:shift]Judgement of Wisdom,[mod:ctrl] Judgement of Justice

dont know if that works would be cool, dammit stuck at work at the moment cant test it :/

Just my opinion but:
    I never bothered with macros on the pally, using xkeys pro you don't need em, especially now with 3.0 with the separate judgements and seals that last for 2 mins what would you need a macro for except for the mouseover cleanses/bubbles/righteous defense etc

Pull:
    Seal of choice up - mouse clicked or buttoned
    Captain America
    Consecrate
    Shield
    JoL- no more reseal
    the end.

So that's 5 buttons and funnily enough I have 4 fingers and a thumb on my xkeys pro. Now if that was in a macro then that's still 5 pushes of a button but in a macro you have no control of where you are or may lose track of where you are in the sequence. For simple grinding maybe, but for instances - well I might want to Cpt America again as soon as it's up or not even use Cpt America for this pull or deem it not necessary to Consecrate or whatever or righteous hammer (how do I love thee), I might want to do something different.

The tank is at the pointy end and needs the most flexibility, the tank is the char you are actually playing (most of the time - except for that guy who plays a priest with a tank up front >.<) the support team of course needs to be macroed, but the tank? - go separate buttons imho

I have to agree with Simulacra on this one. I like seeing the cooldowns on each tanking option. Most of the time they are not on cooldown when I want them to be. I have something like this:

1: /startattack macro with an alt mod to throw Avenger's Shield
    2: Seal of choice (Corruption or Righteousness) with an alt mod to throw Hammer of Wrath
    3: Hammer of the Righteous and also casts Avenging Wrath
    4: Holy Shield also pops trinkets
    5: Consecration
    6: Judge Wisdom/Light

So 3-5 is my main tank rotation, then my mages can do something like:

3: Scorch with Combustion, mod to frost or arcane
    4: Fireball with trinkets, mod to frost or arcane
    5: Fire blast, mod to frost or arcane

If I run into a fire resist/immune mob/boss, then I use the same rotation but hit my mod key for the mages to auto-switch to an arcane/frost rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pringle',index.php?page=Thread&postID=137482#post 137482
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Sarduci',index.php?page=Thread&postID=137058#post 137058
    Cast random only picks from valid spells in the list. Anything on cooldown won't get picked.
    I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. While tanking heroic SH last night, I was mashing my /castrandom macro and it would try to pick some of the spells on CD while my Holy Shield sat waiting to be cast for 4 or 5 pushes of the key. Maybe I'm missing something in my macro. I'm basically using:
    As far as I know, the only time that happens is when everything is on CD and nothing is valid. I used castrandom on my priest to use my fear ward while healing. I'd forget to use it since my eyes were glued to health bars.
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10