Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Castsequences for WMM DPS (WOW)

Wondering what would work best for single target DPS, with a single castsequence triggered on each character with one key press.

Anyone care to share what they use?

Cast sequence macro
    i just spam 5...and it casts curse of agony when i press ctrl, corruption with alt, shadowbolts regularly

Yea I am aware of the castsequence mechanic, I thought I stated as much in the title.

The question is how to achieve synergi, both between spell schools and cast times in a WMM DPS team.

Like going fire on the mages and destruction on the lock ->

Mages do Fireball, Scorch
    Lock do CoE, Immolate, Incinerate

This achieves spell school synergi to some extent but since CoE is instant cast and Fireball is not, you loose some time, where the lock could be casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilh
    Yea I am aware of the castsequence mechanic, I thought I stated as much in the title.

The question is how to achieve synergi, both between spell schools and cast times in a WMM DPS team.

Like going fire on the mages and destruction on the lock ->

Mages do Fireball, Scorch
    Lock do CoE, Immolate, Incinerate

This achieves spell school synergi to some extent but since CoE is instant cast and Fireball is not, you loose some time, where the lock could be casting.
    Why not just combo fireblast on your two mages and then have your warlock cast coe at the same time. Instant damage+debuff=all three of your characters casting their fire nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Trowabarton756
    Why not just combo fireblast on your two mages and then have your warlock cast coe at the same time. Instant damage+debuff=all three of your characters casting their fire nukes.
    Yep, the above example was contrived to showcase the issue.

I was hoping someone had some experiences with a WMM combo to share.

What a great topic as I've been struggling with this as well.

I'm still at low levels with my WMM (level 18 ), and I've only done ragefire chasm. And, already, I've reworked this repeatedly.

Mine looks like this:

mages: fireball
    warlock: curse of agony, corruption, immolate, shadow bolt, shadow bolt, shadow bolt

I have a reset set up on the warlock. My suspicion is I'm gonna need to totally rework this as I get more talents.

I plan on going destruction warlock, but I'm still went 5/5 improved corruption and getting my +sta buff from the imp for 3/3, then I'll go into the destruct tree.

My suspicion is things will need to be totally reworked every few levels, throughout the leveling process.
    Magtheridon: Eta, Psi, Iota, Epsilon, Upsilon (Pa/Pr/Wl/M/M)