Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Epic Flyers and Auto-Follow

I'm rolling on a FiOS connection with two very smooth machines, but for some reason, autofollow just seems to crap out when moving at 280% speed.

Anyone have any tips or tweaks I can use to fix this? Tired of getting halfway across Netherstorm before realizing my mindless clones stopped following me somewhere over Terrokar.

To elaborate, I use Multibox to broadcast, and I've gotten in the habit of mounting, jumping into the air, hitting the autofollow hotkey, then turning off multibox until I land so that using spacebar to ascend doesn't break follow.

This is more of an in-game latency thing, I think, as though the game isn't able to keep all my characters up-to-date with where their brothers are.

Theres not much that i know of to fix this , you will just notice its consistent with the server latency, when you have higher latency they will drop follow a hell of a lot more, then when you have low.

When i am mounted i find i just keep an eye on my map and i can see them fall back a bit on zone changes so i know to stop let them catch up..

I find having the following toons use speed buffs trinkets and the leader nothing helps.

Hey yeh good point, i might try that *searches for riding crop
    [align=center]-=:Team Supa:=- FROSTMANE-US
    1x Priest 4x Mage (65) Grinding team
    4x Shammies (70) Arena team
    [/align]

I was playing on the Test Server (which wasn't exactly lag free) and trying to get 9x epic mounts to follow me was a NIGHTMARE.

I didn't toy around with it (and there are probably workarounds) but any server lag and you are toast due to the speed you are moving. Finding lost epic flyers in 3d space is also a nightmare.

I was running 10 accounts on 10 pcs too - so CLIENT lag wasn't an issue as it might be on 1 computer.

My ISPs may have contributed to the lag some - 10 accounts and all - but in laggy areas.... or even sporadic server lag... screwed up epic flyers.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

My characters followed me flawlessly untill about 3 patches ago.... that is when my latencey went from 50ms on average to 200ms on average.

I found that /follow will work upto around 130ms and will start to get progressively worse as the latency gets higher. Now in order to use my epic flyers, I have to move forward, stop move forward, stop ..... its a real pain in the ass. If you add a riding crop it just makes things worse.

Now when I need to travel a fair distance I just use the FP.

The leader not using a skybreaker's whip isn't very effective. They still get lost, only they do so more slowly, and when they're not lost, they appear to be humping my main, jumping on top of him, then skipping back out of sight.

Ah well, nothing to be done, I guess.

And you're absolutely right about finding them in 3D space, it's nasty. Even worse when the main client doesn't update and they're not where the map says they are.

I have noticed that getting worse over time. It started when the game was released - sometimes characters would be dead but not really... but dead to some which broke auto follow because the client said nope, can't follow character is dead. Logging off and back on fixed it - as did dying again.

It only seems to have gotten worse over time though. Sometimes a character will appear to be there but really be in another spot. Sometimes you can wait and they resync other times they don't at all and appear to be in one spot but are actually not.

Sometimes (rarely) it will try to follow, turn and then follow fails. Once again, logging off and back on usually fixes it.

Not so bad that it is unworkable but another interesting quirk of the game.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

For that situation where characters are out of sync and waiting doesn't snap them back, I've found that you don't have to log. Just leave the "okay" character(s) stationary and move the one that's out of sync out of the clipping plane, then fly back to the others. This should fix it, and it takes less time than logging, usually.