Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default powerleveling question

I have a level 67 warlock that I want to use to power level a 26 priest.

I've read around and know how to do it, but I've read that the lowbie has to be in a group with another lowbie?

Does it have to be in group? thanks

I've read the following:
    dont group with the lowbie, let the lowbie tag the mobs, bring the mobs down with pet's, totems, etc (all that normaly not tag a mob) and the lowbie should gain full exp for killing.

Yea, I figured that much, but I was reading this guys post:

Quote Originally Posted by Blokus
    Edit--Ooops, sorry, forgot this was a power-leveling guide for dual-boxers when I first posted this. Hmmmm. In that case you will need help from a high level friend who has a warlock if you are dual playing a couple of lowbies.

Warlocks can be taken up a notch or two as high-level helpers under these conditions:

1) You have at least 2 lowbies grouped together in a party.

2) You have 1 or more high-level warlocks, preferably with Felguard pets, NOT grouped with the lowbies.

3) You tag a mob with the lowbie.

4) You kill the mob with JUST the Warlock pet(s) -- don't use any damaging warlock spells.

5) You get FULL XP for the kill -- split between your lowbies of course.

I'm currently doing this with two 60 level warlocks helping 2 mages who have just reached 30.

At some point as I level I'm sure it will take too long for the pets to finish off the mobs without some additional aid from the mages. That's fine as I'll start using the pets mostly as tanks for the mages. When I get about 10 or so levels away from the warlocks, the mages can then start tagging mobs and then I can use the full power of the warlocks to make kills and get full XP (as long as the mob is not grey to the warlocks).

I guess this works for high level hunter pets too, but I don't have any to try it with.
    and was asking about clarification on #1.

Thanks for the answers, so I guess mobs that are orange/red for the lowbies would be good grinding?

vyndree (hope i spelled that right ) did some tests and found that exp is capped at mobs of toon_level + 5. If i remember correctly.

So if you're level 5 killing a level 10 gives the same exp as killing a level 50.

Edit: When i tested this out I didn't have much luck. Let us know how it goes for you.

One with one, best system is to do quests, especially kill X. Followed by instance grinding. The advantage of instance grinding is you don't need to look for quests or follow guides. A 70 Hunter can in effect Solo up to BRD, or perhaps further if well geared. My own can certainly do up to BRD. Important thing to know is what is the starting level for a dungeon, not what level its intended for. eg Deadmines starts at 10, Stockades starts at 15... etc.

Other advantage of this is PLing an enchanter gives lots of DEable drops, tailors have lots of cloth drops. Or just sell everything for cash, in which case for Alli BRD and Gnome (also has mail box for re-supply) are good as both have NPC vendors in the center.

Or take an engineer with repair bots, but harder and more costly.
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus

So group the high level with the lowbies in instances is ok? wouldnt that kill exp?

Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    So group the high level with the lowbies in instances is ok? wouldnt that kill exp?
    The speed at which you kill stuff, combined with the fact that they're elites more than makes up for it.

SM-Cathedral with 4 (lvl 35) locs and 1 (lvl 70) pally.
    Cleared three times in an hour for a total of 38k xp for each loc.