Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Everquest 6box team advice.

Preface.
    I have a 65/100aa cleric (sub elemental pop gear and epic 1.0) and 65/200aa monk (time gear and epic1.0)

Now
    I am about to 6 boxing EQ on 2 PCs

And I think I have narrowed it to

PC1 - SK, Enchanter
    PC2 - Shammie,Cleric,Mage,Wizzie.
    pros. Moderately Low maintenance DPS. Good CC. Snare, ports, sow.. all covered. I have a cleric with epic 1.0...
    cons. all leather drops wasted, Monk gets shelved. No lock picking.
    Thinking maybe I should swap Enchanter with Bard (since the shaman will slow) and Feigning should mean pulls are sensible not insane, or SK with Warrior since if I have a chanter I can keep alot of it cc'd.

Thought about a melee DPS group to keep monk, but my memory of eq was you need ports, invis, run speed, slow to be effective. Plus melee DPS is more micromanagement and placement conscious.
    --
    Done with wow (for now)
    Looking for a new game (probably EQ2)

Edit: If you mean EQ2 read on! if EQ1 I have no idea!

I would suggest the following:

1 Zerker or Guard Tank
    1 Defiler
    1 Warden
    3 Warlocks

I ran this setup before and it's just nuts. The Warlock AOE does a LOT of damage, doing two of those can pull aggro. But having three warlocks I normally just gather a ton of mobs up and thanks to the two healers I can keep them up while they totally take out everything in sight. Also having the two healers allows you to take on some much harder stuff!

Warden I picked because of the run speed, Defiler in my mind is a must. You whole team hits 50% health from a Big boss you now prevent incoming damage while the warden Hots heal the entire group to full, worked out awesome.

I did this on a PVP server, so you could take out a lock and replace it with a bard mainly just for the buffs. Having CC is pretty pointless with the DPS output and the AOE damage of the locks so I never went that route. I suppose if I picked Wizzards over locks then CC would be a nice thing to have, and you could get away with having 1 healer most of the time, just some of those end game instaces would be hard!

What server you on? I Play both PVP and PVE (Permafrost)
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

I meant eq1 ... eq2 I 3 boxed but never really enjoyed.
    --
    Done with wow (for now)

LOL. I swear, you have the same Duo as i used to have... Monk/Cleric, that is.

I couldn't give up the monk for a full caster group, dont ask me why. but anyway, my '6 box' combo was

monk, cleric, sham, sk, bard, mage

Thought about replacing mage with a wiz...but not playing eq right now. I might when i get back. initially went with mage cause of pet weapons and such, and well, even if i neglect nuking on him his pet sitll provides dps.

One of my old combos was monk/cleric/bst, with the monk tanking. (yeah, i was nuts). two melees isn't *that* hard, my idea was that if using keyclone/a vetra, well, you have multiple movement keys. for me, it was numpad / 7 89 for the bard, 1 5 2 3 for the monk, up down left right for everyone else, and wsad for the sk. Yeah, its kinda confusing, LOL.

If you are not using keyclone, or well, even if you are, you can have both melee's running on main comp and just tab for repositioning, and thus use wsad for both. (I might do that if i ever come back, since i like having the monk in front of me for pulling, having him on another monitor was...awkward).

I recommend a bard over ench...slightly more survivable, but really, mezzing 1 mob is...no work, on a bard. and they can do up to 3 if you really try...so really about the same as an ench, but in plate mail...lol. Plus some melee dps and nice buff songs on a /melody command. (/melody = auto twist songs)

For me, i needed sk for snare...but if you had a wiz, war would let you do content quicker, well, boss mobs and such, cause of defensive. hard call. there is also synergy between pet classes and the sham, in the form of panther. panther + 4 pets = awesome. (panther is a level 70 spell that gives everyone in the group a 400 damage proc that goes off alot. the spell lasts like a minute i think, but in that time you ususally egt 5-10 procs. With the mage,sk, and sham's pets, and monk and sk, and bard meleeing, well, sham does waaaay mroe dps via all the procs than via nuking/dotting.

at the end of the day it boils down to preference. really, the most god awful annoying peices of eq1 is zoning and looting your corpse when ya die, lol. oh, and buffing.

oh, another thing you might consider, is bard and enc, have the bard play mez song at a mob while the enc charms it and buffs it, = nice dps. you still need a tank to keep the mob locked down, so to speak. Tried it a few times with a friend, and it worked well.

Yeah monks are fun.
    Cleric was never the best healer choice for the monk ... but meh it worked.
    --
    Done with wow (for now)

Meh. true. However, i found that (once i finished cleric 1.0) that i couldn't live without the rez stick. Hehehe. Monk died waaay to much 'tanking' things he had no business tanking. lol.