Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default RAF multi-boxing advice needed

My friend and I would like to level up a couple alts making use of the RAF system. I'd like to just take some suggestions on alternative courses/setups and advice on my current plan before we start up.

We have access to an account each. We have access to a friend's account that gave permission for us to plvl our alts. We were going to have 1 character to plvl on our original accounts and 1 on the new accounts having my original linked to his new account and his original linked to my new account.

This means that I would triple-box 2 lowbies and the separate 70 and my friend would dual-box, having a full group of 5. Once we are done leveling them to 60, we can gift levels to our lvl 30 druid alts(from the new accounts' 60s we created) and get them to 60 as well.

In case I haven't thought of something, does this sound possible? I will also take suggestions on alternative ways that have this same result or better.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kinson72',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126552#pos t126552
    We have access to an account each. We have access to a friend's account that gave permission for us to plvl our alts.
    you will get banned for this, his account and yours if they aren't in the same name, i wouldn't log onto his account as you will draw more attention with any kind of multiboxing, but just have him log onto his account and power level you guys and level as normal when he's not online.

As far as the rest of it, it looks like the win to me

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

thanks for the input kedash and i will take your advice

more replies are still welcome if anyone feels inclined

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kedash00',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126554#pos t126554
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kinson72',index.php?page=Thread&postID=126552#pos t126552
    We have access to an account each. We have access to a friend's account that gave permission for us to plvl our alts.
    you will get banned for this, his account and yours if they aren't in the same name, i wouldn't log onto his account as you will draw more attention with any kind of multiboxing, but just have him log onto his account and power level you guys and level as normal when he's not online.

As far as the rest of it, it looks like the win to me
    /\ what he said

very much agree with Kedash.

Multiboxing is high profile, both to other players and it's very easy to see from Blizzard's end.

Higher scrutiny that way. Single boxers sharing accounts can get banned, multi-boxers will get banned.

And you say you "have access". Be careful that any characters that will be receiving keyclone commands (or the like) are on accounts with identical names for the owner. Multi-boxing forces you to comply perfectly with the ToS regarding account sharing.

Blog Entries

Really though, with the Recruit a Friend system, leveling is incredibly fast.

Recruit your friend from your account.
    Create an alt on your account to group with your friend.

Two DPS types can kill just about anything of your level very quickly.
    Any kind of a healer and tank combination will work well too.
    Remember the game was designed with solo play in mind; you'll never need a higher level to power you through the level up process.

I'm assuming your friend will be using their own account (the new RAF account) while you'll be using your existing account.
    If you have access to someone else's account, that's an option but you need to be aware that account sharing is specifically prohibited by the EULA.

Using keyclone isn't any different from having two physical PC's on the same ISP.
    I've personally leveled many of my roommates alts with my toons, both on his isp and my own (I got my own ISP as he sometimes does 200-250 GB's a month of torrents).
    His account and mine are in separate names, and I've never had an issue, but if you want to be safe don't break their EULA.
    I've had LAN parties at my place with friends who I convinced to move to WoW from EQ; from Blizzards point of view this must look an awful lot like me playing both accounts too.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa