Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default So starting my 5 box next week or two had some questions.

So right now I 3 box mage/hunter/priest up to 50 but that got booring.

So I want to lvl up one of these not sure what team I will use.

5 shaman already have a 70 shaman so not sure if I will do this.

4xwarlock 1x healer gotta love the dot dot die :}

or this team

1 pally
    1 priest
    2 locks
    1 mage

or ditch the mage and keep 3 locks.

Only reason I am thinking of keeping the 3 locks is for pvp running around and dotting with the preist and locks would be nice if I had the priest shaodw spec and used the pally to heal/stun.

I also want to be able to 5 man the instances in outlands and hopefully heroics so tell me what you think is good.

your last statement says most of it imo....if you want to do heroic instances 5 boxing, if thats what you meant - you will need: strong tank, strong healer and strong cc -- with that in mind the classes you listed is good (pal, pri, lock x2, mage) -- but I'm not sure if it's doable to 5 box that and do things like CCing etc while keeping mobs locked down with the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrigrin
    your last statement says most of it imo....if you want to do heroic instances 5 boxing, if thats what you meant - you will need: strong tank, strong healer and strong cc -- with that in mind the classes you listed is good (pal, pri, lock x2, mage) -- but I'm not sure if it's doable to 5 box that and do things like CCing etc while keeping mobs locked down with the tank.
    It's definitely possible to keep CC locked down on multiple targets while tanking the others. My suggestions are as follows:

- Use the tank as the "main" character who everyone else follows.
    - Bind separate focus buttons for each of the 3 CC'ers and a separate key for each of their CC spells (banish/poly). This way, you can target a mob with the main, make that the focus for warlock1, target something else with the main and make it the focus of warlock2, and target a 3rd thing with the main and make it the focus of the mage.

I use the Number Keypad to do this. 1,2, and 3 set the focuses for my 3 CC'ers, and 4,5,and 6 are my CC spells. Once my targets are set, I quickly hit 4,5,6 and pull with the tank. If 1 mob comes out of CC, you can cast that spell with 1 button (for ease of use you might want to make it set a raid icon when creating a focus so that you can better see)

- And finally, you just need to bind healing spells for specific players. What I mean is, have a key for Renewing Character1, Greater Healing Character1, and Flash Healing Character1.... for each character. I bind all of these to my Nostromo n52 pad. Makes it easy to heal all my targets individually.
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

Do you think I really need a mage?

Having 3 locks following me around in pvp will be fun too. stun them with the pally and watch all the dots tick away on them.

Kinda torn between w/w/w or w/w/m

Quote Originally Posted by ahnubis
    Do you think I really need a mage?

Having 3 locks following me around in pvp will be fun too. stun them with the pally and watch all the dots tick away on them.

Kinda torn between w/w/w or w/w/m
    What I was told when I asked a similar question is that you need poly if you want to do heroics. Plus you get alot of utility like portal, AI, and water.

I ended up doing Pa/Pr/M/M/Wa but I was going for PvE only.

Polymorph is really only needed in a few areas. The real bonuses with mages are the water and portals. They just save you huge amounts of time.
    WTF? RUN! Wow Multiboxing Blog

Gallo,

I am currently doing 4 warlocks, 1 priest. However I am looking for a more PVE oriented grouping.

The only thing keeping me back, is it is so complex. I just read that you use N1,2,3 to focus and 4,5,6 to cast the CC spell. I love that idea, and it seems easy. However, how would I go about casting the focus?

I don't know the focus macro, or any idea how to go abouts doing that. If you could help out, that would be great. Thanks

I have N1,2, and 3 simply for "/focus" after I already have hit my big button to have the clones target the main characters target. Then N4,5, and 6 are "/cast [target=focus] polymorph". That way, after you Poly, you can hit your big assist button and DPS away until the sheep breaks and hit your N4,5,or 6 if the sheep breaks and it will automatically cast Polymorph on the previously focused target.

This is all assuming that you're targetting mobs by doing "/assist MainCharacter" rather than making each mob a focus and casting all your spells that way.
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

You'd be surprised the PVE content you can clear with five Shaman. 5 earth elementals tanking a boss is pretty wicked.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman

66 I think. Pre-BC nothing hits hard enough for it to matter. I cleared most of them easily.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman