Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default a problem with k/b

greetings,

I am trying to plug in my USB keyboard (Genius SlimStar) into ps/2 slot but it doesnt seem to be working. I have tried a few adapters in case of the first one was broken or something - same result. Also tried both ps/2 slots - nothing. The slots are working for sure because when I plug in my x-keys it's bulb starts flashing.

ofc I was restarting my PC each time I make any change

Any ideas if I can fix it or maybe I am doomed and the keyboard basically cant work with ps/2?
    Coffee Resurrects.

Simple USB to PS/2 converters, like the kind that come with most keyboards and mice:

are simply pin to pin conversions and not actually USB host devices.

These ONLY work if the keyboard also has a chip inside to act like a PS/2 device. You can't simply put them on ANY keyboard and expect them to work.

Of course you have to reboot to allow your computer to see the PS/2 connection, but I see you have done that so that leads me to believe that this k/b has no such chip inside it and thus is USB only.

Which is generally (but not ALWAYS) the case if it has extra buttons or features like multimedia control, etc.

There are ways to add extra PS/2 ports (cheaply) but no methods (that I know of, although it is surely possible) to convert USB to PS/2 (except the efforts of Vetra, but as of the date of this post, no success has been had in the form of a commercial product yet).
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

yeah there are actually some multimedia control buttons so more likely it is USB only k/b

thx for answer
    Coffee Resurrects.