Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default 2x monitors, 2x video cards

I tried a double-vid card setup to avoid the two-monitor framerate problem and it did -not- fix it.

When I put all 5 screens onto my "main" screen, I get 40-30fps on all of them. When I move my main screen onto the second monitor (and second vid-card), All the fps' get cut in half.

Has anyone had any success getting 2x vid-cards with 2x monitors working well?

I still get like 20-fps, so it's not totally unplayable but I'm thinking it'll be better to just send the 2x vid cards back, buy a single one, and go 'twin-view' or whatever they are calling it these days. That'll mean I'll have to buy a better second monitor, but c'est la vie.

On my old system running XP I couldn't run anything on the 2nd screen when it was in Dual-View without massive frame loss. My new main PC came with Vista, so I decided to try it and have no issues with it so far, you can't do a horizontal spread, but Dual-View suffers from no frame loss so far.

I've just ordered a 2nd graphics card to run 2d stuff like MSN, firefox, TS etc on the 2 spare monitors I have, so by the end of the week I'll know how well it works if I run WoW on all 4 screens/2 cards

Upgrade to Vista, it solves your problems with dual view.

Of course, thats the opposite of what most will say, they say that Vista doesn't support horizontal span and thats MS's fault.

The fact is that XP's display driver model is HORRIBLE for dual head video.
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

If you can't upgrade to Vista, then put the display in Horizontal Span. That helped me a huge amount.