Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 13 of 13

I tried horizontal span, but the resolutions I could select were very limited. All of the widescreen picks were double the normal horizontal number. So I'd see 3840x1600 with no option to pick 1920x1600.

Is there a way I can give myself more resolution options? What I'm running now is my main at 1920x1600 and my 4 alts at 800x600 on the second monitor. All this is with dual view, but in cities I do get enough frame loss that it is annoying. I'd like to run the same resolutions, but in horizontal span mode to see if it improves my framerate.

If you're planning on buying a new video card and are willing to spend around $250 the 8800GT, which will be out tomorrow, is by far your best bet at the moment.

http://www.vr-zone.com/articles/Nvid...ew/5369-1.html

All the bench marks to date put it on the heels of the 8800GTX (a $500 card). Strange things are happening at nvidia, but this card seems to be an amazing deal no matter how you look at it.

If you're an ATI fan, they are supposedly releasing a card to combat the 8800GT in the near future.

I am still relatively new to 5 boxing in general, but my first go at it was 5 boxing on one computer. I found that when I minimized the other four windows I would slowly lose follow with my alt toons. I am running 64-bit Vista so my WOW instances would run in 32bit mode via Virtualization. This slowed down my performance GREATLY!!! My solution was to run 4 on an alternate PC and one (main) with maxed out video and all of my Add Ons loaded.

This not only freed up my resource problemo, but it is still easy to manage both key bindings and macros because they still reside on one machine. So now I use KeyClone w/Maximizer on my alternate PC for my alts and run my main computer (w/Dual Monitors) for my main toon with vid settings maxed and have thottbot, Nvidia Monitor, KeyClone or whatever you choose to display on the other monitor.

Performance Tips:

It also helps a TON to set your processor's Affinity for each process (instance) of WOW you are running. You can also set your WOW process' priority a bit higher to yield a tiny bit more performance, but it's barely noticeable.

Example: On my alt PCwith a dual core processor (Pentium D) I have two toons running on CPU0 and two toons running on CPU1.

**This only applies to people who have dual cores or more.
    Umea, Oranisi, Docisi, Olivianis and Amial - 56 - Killrog
    Ive got Multi-Box FEVER, but it needs more cowbell !!!

Intel Core2Extreme QX9770 3.2ghz OC'd to 4ghz
    8gig DDR2 1066 Corsair Dominator
    eVGA GTX275 892MB
    2x Seagate 500gb RAID 1
    2x Seagate 500gb RAID 0
    Antec P183 w/Antec Signature 850 PSU
    23' Samsung 2333(Main)
    22' Samsung 2223BW(Alts)