Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default New to dual boxing

I'm about to start dual boxing but i really dont have enough room to do dual computers is it fairly easy to do it with 1 computer? My computer can run up to 4 wow's at a time but i hear it is worth doing multiple computers? what are your thoughts and please give me good ways to do it on onje computer.

oh ya i can run more than 4 wows but i can run more but with 60 fps and max quality

sounds like you have the same good kind of computer I do

Check out my post!

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/v...?p=12309#12309

I currently 5 box, 1 priest, 4 warlocks.

All on 1 PC, with 2 monitors.

I use the program called Keyclone, and the option WoWMaximizer that it supports. This program costs $10. IT IS SO WORTH IT! Very easy to use, and works amazing.

http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums2/viewtopic.php?t=1552

What you see in the screenshots is wowmaximizer. It resizes the windows perfectly, and makes it look neat. It is HIGHLY functional. I am still new to multi-boxing myself, but I found this out, and never looked back.

It is definately possible to box on one PC. If your video card has 2 DVI slots, then go get a cheap second monitor, and use it. It is definately helpful to have 2, compared to one.

Much more visibility, and I feel like I have more monitor's and PC's than I really have.

Using one PC, saves me loads of money in the long run. I seem to be controlling my characters well enough. Of course I am just telling you this from my viewpoint, I have never tried multiple computers. I just know it will cost you loads of money, around $4,000. Very expensive!

The one PC, saves me a lot of money. I have the power on the PC, why spend more money?

Hope that helped

I run

8800 GTX, 2.66GHZ Core 2 Duo, 4GB Ram.

I was thinking of that, but 2 monitors wont fit on my desk and i want 2 mages so if would it be manditory for me to use 2 monitors and is keyclone worth the 10 bucks :P sounds like it is, and thanks for the help on the last post

np for the help, I'm new to this, and it was definately very frustrating trying to read everything and learn it. I ended up discovering some random post which actually gave me a general idea of how to do macros, etc..

2 Monitors is NOT mandatory, its recommended. That way you can view both characters at the same time. If you are dual-boxing, you just move your mouse back and forth, and control them

I use 2 monitors because I am boxing 5 characters. 2 Monitors is kind of mandatory on that part

Keyclone is definately worth it, probably the easiest way to go. Its only $10, so its not a big price.

Well, i was thinking i could build a mount for 2 lcd monitors right at the corner of my wall. This could definatly work now i just need another lcd. And if i really enjoy the challenge of dual boxing i might expand to multiple accounts up to 5. I am truely thankful for the advice.