Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 17 of 17

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    Since I run almost the same group setup as you I shamelessly direct you to my blog
    http://oma-multiboxingwow.blogspot.com/
    and the videos linked.
    Feel free to ask about setup or macros.
    Also feel free to share your own ideas on this forum so we can all learn from each other.
    Bucco
    Impressive video on grp movement. I guess I still have much more to learn. Also many more toons too lvl to be able to handle 70 lvl bosses. I run 1 priest and 4 locks. I dont used addons but may have to reconsider that after watching some of the video's.

based on your char makup ( 1 war, 2 mage 1 lock 1 priest) do you find war good at tanking all adds and micro management of War vs Paladin? I think i know the answer based on your video. Having all undead team is a real nice grp.

I hope that once the hero classes come out, we will have more options for tanking and DPS ( all undead)

Anyways great video's Bunny

Thanks for sharing

back to OP

you should have honored rep will all factions by the time you reach lvl 20 with your 5 man team. once you have this rep you can then go into instances. If you are going to have any toons be eng. then recomend griding rep from steamwheel cartel. rep gains are good for killing lvl 14-16 . You could also wait until lvl 40 for rep gains at tarnius. If you dont need professions and or mounts from other factions then honored is all you need. next patch will motivate us to get more rep (better discounts)

Happy Boxing

do you find war good at tanking all adds and micro management of War vs Paladin
    can't really tell because I only played a paladin for healing. The paladin is probably easier because it's easier to macro the thread generation but the warrior gets a nice buff to devestate in the next patch. What I do know is that having a dedicated tank is mandatory as the instances get harder - warlock pets just don't get the job done.
    Bucco

Shammys... HOOO!!!
    Totems... HOOO!!!
    Chain Bolt HOOO !!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny
    do you find war good at tanking all adds and micro management of War vs Paladin
    can't really tell because I only played a paladin for healing. The paladin is probably easier because it's easier to macro the thread generation but the warrior gets a nice buff to devestate in the next patch. What I do know is that having a dedicated tank is mandatory as the instances get harder - warlock pets just don't get the job done.
    Bucco
    Iagree that most pets (warlocks) do not get the job done. I have been playing with pet makup/mix and telents to try to make it work. I understand that you have to have a tank to do the 70 instances. My goal with this team was PVP. Plan A as to get locks and shadow priest to 70 . then test max shadow damage with 4 seeds of corpution with shadow weaving. It looked good on paper. Team is now 66. I have have been able to clear ramparts, and Blood burnance. having trouble with underbog. I run 2 improved voids, improved imp(88 stm at present lvl)felhound. on all boss fights at least one void pulls all agro. I then heal all pets with shadow damage. This allows me to burn down boss in about 50secs. It it takes longer than that I will most likely lose one or 2 toons.
    I would guess if I have sucubuss out I many be able to lock down 3 mobs and then kill 4th or 5 very fast. Since locks do not have to face targets for dots I move dot all. each mobs dies from 16 dots. As long as i can controll agro on priest and locks, life is good.

I have also started a 3 mage 1, war and holy priest grp with help with lvl 70 instance runs (undead of course) It appeared to me that you have your war set up as your main. DPS set to follow Holy healer? hats off to you , having trouble with tanking toon and healing and dps, but will keep tring with new grp. I guess im used to killing all with 5 dpsers.

I will keep trying shadow priest and 4 locks to push them to limits have ramparts on farm now. (need more rings).

Want to try 5 man pvp team and get them 1800-1900 rating

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaplex
    A quick update. I got them all to lvl 18 over the weekend. I did it with mostly quests which was a total pain in the ass since so many quests are collection ones.
    Avoid collection quests unless you are really really patient or there is a good reward that you want. What you can do is travel to the different low-level areas and grab any kill quests you can find. You also wind up with some extra discovery exp, and you should have some flight paths available pretty early. That makes the travel a bit less painful, and I'd rather spend a few extra minutes on a flight or boat than trying to collect 50+ items that are not a guaranteed drop.

I might have missed a response to this, but it's important enough for me to drag this thread back up again:

If i run in with my warrior and the mob gets behind me somehow, then all the guys on follow end up not facing the right direction.
    Don't keep your team on follow when the warrior goes charging in.

Park them where you'd normally expect to see casters stand in a "normal" team, dive in with the warrior and then position him however you want without worrying about where your team is.

This will be especially important when you start hitting instances with fear, knock-backs and AoE effects.

You want as many people as possible out of range of the fear (Strat, for example), and you want your caster to have their backs to the wall for knock-backs (Ramparts, for example).

If you don't want to invest time in a snazzy formation (yet... you will, eventually ) then you just need to hit a movement key for the drones to break follow before charging in.

Another advantage this gives is that you can have your casters facing the tank and the tank facing the casters, giving you all-round vision on just two screens to pick up patrols and stragglers.

It's entirely possible to take teams through instances without a tank - I know lots of people here have done just that - but once I got my head around the total absence of synergy between the tank and nukers, I really wouldn't do it any other way now.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    What I do know is that having a dedicated tank is mandatory as the instances get harder
    Don't tell that to the 5-man shammy team rockin Heroics.
    Yeah, seriously. I grinded instances most of my way to 70. 10 days 14 hrs played. It's not that bad.

Xbxc is a beast in that sethekk vid.
    ::The Motes::
    Mote - Protection Paladin
    Remote - Holy Priest
    Threemote, Fourmote, Fivemote - Elemental Shaman