Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Still opend mouth... since a half an hour

hello iam new here.. (WARNING srycrapyenglishwrotebyangerman)

:shock:
    ur multiboxing-solutions blasts my mind

Respekt with a big R
    to all the brainy guys how plays more than two chars of wow at the same time

im at peak with only one lame char thats reaching my full brain capazity doing things like pvp

so now i have to search for a second pc to setup my first multibox..
    byebye dare

:lol:

Default Re: Still opend mouth... since a half an hour

*vanish*
    hint:
    don't try to start multiboxing a group of rogues or other melees.

:wink:
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Because at higher levels it is suboptimal, imho.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

I originally thought of doing 4 pally as dps, and 1 shammy as healer, but I eventually came to the conclusion that cleave in heroics would be my worst nightmare. Besides, there are many things that are simply impossible to do with only melee. If one would be willing to skip alot of stuff, I'm sure it would be pretty cool to go ie 4 warrirors + shammy or something like that. Heck, even 5 warriors would be kickass...just run around and charge/intercept stuff =)

Edit: Actually thinking about it, a setup with shammy+warriors and shammy as main would be quite effective, due to charges and intercept. Intriguing...
    WTF? RUN! Wow Multiboxing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    Why do people keep discouraging against multibox melee classes? Its not easy, but its FAR from impossible.

My 3x Enhancment shammies (35,37,37) destroyed a 46 warrior / 37 druid trying to gank my in arathi just last night.

3x windfury procs = dead :lol:
    I. nothing is impossible

II. when you start multiboxing I'd prefer a pair of identical caster classes to get into it.

III. for PvP content melee classes ain't that easy to play because of AOE damage or a frostnova and fear. It's horrible to get a group of 5 melee classes back to a warlock when he has done his aoe fear.

IV. for PvE content melee classes don't have that good CC abilitys. Sap from a Rogue is quiet nice but you can use that only when you're not in combat and you can't keep the CC up like re-sheeping a mob. Cooldown from blind doesn't make it attractive for CC. So a Seduce from a Succu or a Sheep from a mage is more effective and much safer than a Sap because you don't need to get that close to a mob.

and don't forget AOE Damage from some bosses

so... it ain't impossible to start a 5-box rogue team for PvE content (yeah, I know.. noone said 5-boxing PvE content) but you won't get that far and btw:

V. It was meant as a joke combined with a "hi, welcome to the forums" and based upon dares signature.
    [align=center]
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by beyond-tec
    I. There are a lot of impossible things, like getting over 9000 damage from a dot tick.

II. I'd suggest different classes so you get used to playing two different classes instead of two of the same, which is just the same as one class only twice the damage+some other things.

III. I agree, at most one meleer for pvp. By at most I mean you probably should have less.

IV. That is just a generalization. Rogues have several tricks they can use, like kicking, which is great to have against healers. They are one of the worst choices to make on class selection, but lack of CC is not the reason.

V. I thought it was a good line. I was actually thinking something like it myself.

Melee can be used in pve, but you usually want at most one, which is pretty much reserved for the tank. It can be done, it just requires more work. If someone wants to try, I'm all for encouraging them, but at the same time if they are new here warning them that it is a challenge on a whole level past boxing casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    Why do people keep discouraging against multibox melee classes? Its not easy, but its FAR from impossible.

My 3x Enhancment shammies (35,37,37) destroyed a 46 warrior / 37 druid trying to gank my in arathi just last night.

3x windfury procs = dead :lol:
    what about meeting group with casters... like mage, priest, warlock?

boom - nova - ranged spells pew pew - 1st dead, priest's aoe fear - ranged spells pew pew - 2nd dead, warlock's chain fear - ranged spells pew pew - 3rd dead :roll:
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelar
    I. There are a lot of impossible things, like getting over 9000 damage from a dot tick.

II. I'd suggest different classes so you get used to playing two different classes instead of two of the same, which is just the same as one class only twice the damage+some other things.
    yeah but playing the same is much easier to get into it because you don't need to handle different spells and abilitys while you try to get used to the movement and follow stuff, while you try to handle the x-keys and keyclone stuff and you start reading tutorials about macro or lua scripting in wow.

I've prefered to start with a crew of 5 identical chars (i.e. shamans)
    then a 4 + 1 chars (i.e. priest and 4 warlocks)
    then a PvE combination of tank, healer, dd

I think it's easier to do this step by step than handling a PvE group at once.

IV. That is just a generalization. Rogues have several tricks they can use, like kicking, which is great to have against healers. They are one of the worst choices to make on class selection, but lack of CC is not the reason.
    shadowpriest, mage, shaman,... nearly everyone can stop someone from healing. PvE content = CC Content. The more mobs you can put into your CC the easier is an instance.

A: 5 Mobs Lvl 72 Elite.
    Paladin Tank, Aoe Aggro, Healer spams Flashheal + Greater Heal to keep the Pala alive while the Hunters focus on one mob to get him down.

B: 5 Mobs Lvl 72 Elite.
    Paladin Tank, 3 Mages, each Mage sheeps one Mob, Paladin is tanking 2 Mobs, Healer chills while pressing the greater heal button when the Paladin Health is under 50%. Mages Focusfire with pyros and firebolts on one target and resheep the mobs when they are out of the CC.

I prefer B.

for me, in PvE content: CC > everything else
    [align=center]
    [/align]

Obviously playing one class is easier than two, but the difference is minimal, especially if you're only playing two characters. Heck, when I first started I was using three characters, two of which were melee(warrior + paladin), and I had no problems aside from it being annoying getting them both in melee range. The reason I suggest using different classes is because it isn't much harder while it gives you a lot more options. Obviously some people may prefer using all the same class, but someone new who is asking probably doesn't know what they want, which is why they are asking in the first place.

By the logic of CC > everything else, mages would be by far the best class to use. I'm not arguing with that, but it isn't going to hurt much to have two sheeps and something else. You need to gauge which you think is more important for your group/playstyle, that extra sheep or whatever the other class brings, whether it's a soulstone, extra healing, buffs, off tanking, or whatever else they may bring. The problem with rogues is the amount of micro they require, not the lack of other things.