Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: 2.3 thoughts

I used both extensively on my first two 60s (solo, pre-multiboxing) and I've never experienced more than about 5% success with those POS.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

25% or 50% chance is exactly that. This has nothing to do with other people on the server, or the server as an entity. It's just statistics.

Use the XL version 100 times, and you'll find that you're pretty close to 50 successful revives. It might fail 5 times in a row, thats pretty easy to remember. The times it succeeds 5 times in a row is harder to remember, this is why it feels like its failing alot more than its succeeding.

If you roll a dice 100 times, do you think it would matter if someone in China also rolled a dice 100 times?
    WTF? RUN! Wow Multiboxing Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    Ya.. if you take everyones usage (every player on a server), and crunch the numbers, you probably get somewhere in the 25% range.

But to the individual player (me for example), the actual success rate is FAR less. Less than 5%.

I'm saying the data pool is every player on the server, not each specific player.

So its possible for an individual player to have a zero percent success rate.
    Knew a few people who claimed that they sucked and worked about 5% of the time, if that. And then they'd revive people fairly often with them in raids...

I found about 5% success rate also with the XL

about every 1 in 20 would be a success... ironically it often seemed to proc when it was really needed to avoid a wipe but maybe it is just my flaky memory only remembering the good times

Any time something has a chance to succeed, the observed percentage of success could be anyone from 0% to 100%. The larger the sample, the better the odds that it will be closer to whatever the chance of success is. Flip a coin 100 times, you got 55 heads. That doesn't mean 55% chance to get heads, thats just what your sample observed. You could have gotten 100 heads or 100 tails. Flip a coin once and you will either have 100% heads or 100% tails.