Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 30 of 33

Something to control the quotes would be good... on my phpbb forums (Nuke based) there is a mod that collapses the quotes and provides an expand button....

Someone posts a 300 line post with a guide, someone hits Quote and says "Nice work"... we don't need the extra 300 lines and it kills readability.

Something to control or autoscale image links so folks can't post 2560x1200 screenshots and totally bork the format of the site up .
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Quote Originally Posted by beyond-tec
    - german subforum (german community grows and it ain't that easy to ask technical things in english. I'd like to start a vote which realm shall be the "EU-Magtherion")
    Sub-forum I can understand the need for, I couldn't use as the most German I speak is some counting, a drinking song, part of the words for the national anthem (though I have no idea what the words actually mean ) and I can say hello...

As for EU server I think the above thing about a language specific forum should answer the question. As a mono-language speaker (okay I can get by in France and Spain, and seem to be able to read Dutch sometimes :?) I couldn't effectively function of a German language server, and while I have no doubt that a German speaker would have far less issue playing on an English language server, I'd imagine that German (or any other Euro speakers out there) would object if the 'EU Multi-box' server was one that didn't have a support for their language.

I'd be far happier to see the structure of a multi server guild formed, that has members on many (or better 1 or 2) servers but that have something in common... oh wait :P

Something the US does have which we lack is the uniformity of language, while many US citizens probably speak better English than myself and probably are better at non-English too, the common language for the US is still English. And while I'd imagine that some of the US servers have large populations of say Spanish speakers, thats a bit different to having an entire country speaking Spanish.

I have a point... but I've forgotten it.

Ah. I doubt that the EU side of multi-boxing could ever agree to a single language let alone a single server.

That's not intended as an insult, I'm UK based and wouldn't really consider moving to a non-English speaking server and probably not off my established realm of Draenor.

And that's not even taking into account PvP or PvE...
    Currently running 3x City of Heroes under Octopus

I'm all about the KISS principle. I like the forum lay out as it is. It could use a face lift cosmetically, but not on the top of my list. I like the idea of adding some sub-forums, including a forum for "Class/Race - What should I play" questions.

I know I'd donate if there was a need for more bandwidth, but "promises" don't pay the bills eh...lol. I think this community would step up tho. Jeez, if we can spend 2-5K or more on boxing, I'm sure 10-20 every couple months wouldn't break the bank. :wink:
    Owachi (Druid), Rhodrage(Paladin), Tenitis (Warlock), Rhodigan (Mage), Vhoden (Shaman)

Good evening everybody,

I want to thank everybody for the immense support you have given us since the inception of the site, it has grown beyond our wildest dreams and we owe that to everyone reading this post. Your suggestions, all of which have been delivered in a constructive and intelligible manner, prove just why this is the best community on the internet. I am humbled by the outcry of support that you all have offered us and each other.

I wanted to take a few moments and announce some short term plans for additions to this site. These suggestions were directly derived from your recommendations, and I want to let you know that if your idea didn’t make the list it was more than likely an oversight.

Short term plans, in no particular order:

• Request members of the site step up to assist in moderation of the forums and posting relevant information and editorials on the front page

• Minor modifications to forum layout (We hear your pleas for certain language and theme based areas, and we believe we have a solution that won’t break the community up. We are very interested in providing a more organized flow of information).

• A “newbie” forum section with critical start tips and FAQs that we can point our newest members to. This will serve to clean up general quite a bit.

• A new banner/logo (We have something in the works, but we need your help!)

• A better cosmetic look and continuity moving into the forums

• “Hall of Fame” screen shot section with rotating random image on the front page

• A section covering unique multi-boxing setups, as well as mind-blowing accomplishments

• FAQ section linked from the front page

• Link to important WoW Resources readily available from the front page (WowWiki comes to mind)

• Other important information readily available, including screenshots of GMs endorsing the dual-boxing community (let’s encourage others to join us in our distinctive journey!)

• We will be adding a donation button to help upgrade the sites bandwidth and allow dual-boxing.com to operate on a whole new level

Awesome work Ellay!!
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Default Sticky or it didn't happen

Ellay,

Please get one of your female characters to sticky your recommendations, and put your recommendations in the first post of the thread. Thanks!

As someone who is just about to start multiboxing after doing all the reading and planning and purchasing and screwing around, etc, something that would have been really helpful for me is if there was some organized way of showing what's already been accomplished. Like seeing people's setups & their performance, their classes, and their levels... basically a centralized location for all the blogs.

Like when I was trying to design a system, I tried to find people doing what I wanted to do... and read all their posts trying to dig through and find off-hand comments about framerates and monitor setup to guess at how well my system would behave. I still don't really know how it's going to turn out. I'll let ya'll know on Monday after I've built everything.

Something as simple as a forum where each person who is successfully multiboxing has a thread where they post all the vitals of their system, its performance, the classes they are uses, the current levels, etc. Keep us up to date on their progress and everything else. Something like that would be so immeasurably valuable to someone who wants to get started.

On the subject of blogs, would it be hard to have a blog hosted for anyone that wants one? Ideally everyone could combine the blogs of everyone they wanted to and see them all at the same time, but that would probably require too much work. I don't think it would eat bandwidth since its just text, with pictures/video hosted elsewhere like youtube.

Related to the last two posts about blogs, Is there a way to have a "top list" of, say, the most recent 5 posts in all the forums? Might be worthwhile and save some bandwidth if people could skim the recent topics on one page instead of opening each forum when they saw the "new posts here" button change colors. That might take some massaging of the phpBB code, so I'm wondering if it is even feasible.

[edit] Nevermind, I'm a retard. Link on the top-right of teh forum list for "View posts since last visit." lol...Ugh needum sleep.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelar
    On the subject of blogs, would it be hard to have a blog hosted for anyone that wants one? Ideally everyone could combine the blogs of everyone they wanted to and see them all at the same time, but that would probably require too much work. I don't think it would eat bandwidth since its just text, with pictures/video hosted elsewhere like youtube.
    http://vyndree.com/blog/index.php?blog=1

This is a thing I've been playing with today but haven't really gotten used to. It can actually have multiple blogs and aggregate them all into a main blog. (The bar at the top shows a "Linkblog" and a "Multibox" blog).

Here's the link to the official site: http://b2evolution.net/

Maybe if someone could put a list together of all the bloggers with RSS feeds, that could also work. Examples: http://allrss.com/rssremixers.html
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]