Close
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 33

How about a hall of fame, IE: What instances have been 2/3/4/5+ boxed, world bosses taken down, number of bunnies killed in one day, PVP, etc.

The forums seem fine to me, it might be good to put some of the stickied guides into the main site as well so that people who first find it can read the guides on the main site and then post questions later. It would allow for more graphical and formatted guides at least.

Quote Originally Posted by fling
    How about a hall of fame, IE: What instances have been 2/3/4/5+ boxed, world bosses taken down, number of bunnies killed in one day, PVP, etc.

The forums seem fine to me, it might be good to put some of the stickied guides into the main site as well so that people who first find it can read the guides on the main site and then post questions later. It would allow for more graphical and formatted guides at least.
    Stickied Guides, or more importantly CONSOLIDATED sticky guides, should be something of a priority in the forums. Are there any other people in the forums other than Ellay with mod privileges? There should be some mods on the various forums that are people within the community that post a lot.

I'd be willing to work on a post consolidation movement.

As far as the website, I give a big 2nd to the Hall of Fame idea. We should definitely have something like that up.

I personally like the way the forums look and feel the way they are now, but adding a couple subgroups would be good.

A subgroup would be enough for any guild that can't be managed in a single thread. Having a separate forum would likely split the community a bit.

There is already enough stickied, there doesn't need to be more faqs there, however consolidating them may be a good idea.

A hall of fame of sorts would be good. It could work the way the sites that track raid guild progression work, but would mostly be for five-mans/heroics, and anything else thats doable. Maybe have a section for "solo", and one for teams, like two five-boxers doing kara, or even a two/three or one/four doing a heroic that hasn't been soloed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelar
    I personally like the way the forums look and feel the way they are now, but adding a couple subgroups would be good.

A subgroup would be enough for any guild that can't be managed in a single thread. Having a separate forum would likely split the community a bit.

There is already enough stickied, there doesn't need to be more faqs there, however consolidating them may be a good idea.

A hall of fame of sorts would be good. It could work the way the sites that track raid guild progression work, but would mostly be for five-mans/heroics, and anything else thats doable. Maybe have a section for "solo", and one for teams, like two five-boxers doing kara, or even a two/three or one/four doing a heroic that hasn't been soloed yet.
    Wow, I didn't even think of the prospect of 2 5-boxers doing kara. I think it'd be very possible if 1 boxer did the tanking/dps and the other boxer did healing/dps.

I personally don't use the front page. I usually just go straight here to the forums. Would be kinda neat to have something similar to the Hall of Fame thing mentioned above but with some stats on what us boxers are doing, such as:

Who the Zerg is Zerging Today:
    Top 10 "most killed" mobs in the last day.
    Last 10 bosses killed.
    PvP kills per boxer.
    Most XP gained today.

Not sure this is even possible as it would probably take a mod to collect the data and an executable or web front-end to get it into an online database.

I do like the idea of a sub-forum for the zerg on Mag.

Breaking out some of our forum guides to a links section on the front page would probably be helpful, as would external links to stuff like WoWwiki, etc.

Other than that, I think things work pretty well as they are now.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I mod the forums and help to keep things tidy. But my role right now is minimal - I have other RL commitments that prevent me from being able to spend the time needed to completely revamp and revise all of the material posted so far. I would love to see the software boxing fleshed out quite a bit more. Maybe somebody who is an expert on that can chime in and do what I did?

Because these days, you CAN box 5 on 1 computer where as 3 years ago it just wasn't possible. I still point out there are some downsides to being software only but costs are much less and there are a few upsides worth mentioning too.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    I agree on <The Zerg> having a website or something similar. We already have Vent and an IRC channel (shared with other boxers). I just don't have the time right not to put that together. Maybe somebody else wants to step up and put it together? I keep up with the community and don't mind helping out where I can but my efforts are focused elsewhere for the time being.
    WTB vent info.

It's not my fault I play alliance.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

The forum could use a different template, a bit more stylish could do no harm. Dont do subforums mostly those are not very appealing.

For the rest, not too much adds (none would be best? , if you need extra cash for the bandwith on the server, add a paypal button, i think many ppl wouldnt mind in donating a few bucks to help you uphold the server).

I love to take curse.com as an example, dont go to flashy, they killed the site with all the gui candy over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Los
    if you need extra cash for the bandwith on the server, add a paypal button, i think many ppl wouldnt mind in donating a few bucks to help you uphold the server).
    Oh, good idea.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

still looking for:

- irc chat applet

- a voice chat

- german subforum (german community grows and it ain't that easy to ask technical things in english. I'd like to start a vote which realm shall be the "EU-Magtherion")
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]