Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default cant install keyclone on new vista 64:( HELP!

hi all

I've just built a brand new, all singing, all dancing rig to 5 box on. I purchased vista 64 because as i understand, it supports higher ammounts of ram.
    Well, I've tried to download keyclone numerous time now and i keep getting the same message when extracting the zip. "Cant create output file c:\programs\keyclone\msvcrt.dll".

Can someone please help me as this has been a real kick in the teeth if keyclone doesn't work

many thanks

<Gimp> Grim Batol- EU Multiboxing Guild

heh seemed to of 'fixed' the problem for some strange reason i couldnt unzip the file on my C drive, which is incidently raid 0 configured. I had a secondary drive on there, not in the raid array and unzipped it to there, seemed to work:S

Im a little worried about what iv been reading about maximiser not working with vista 64 tho. I dont think i could live without maximiser.

<Gimp> Grim Batol- EU Multiboxing Guild

G'day Jinx,

you have a permissions problem... follow these steps to resolve it.

first... delete all references to keyclone on the machine. this will insure you start from scratch.

next, download keyclone_v1.8k to your desktop

then right-click the keyclone installation program and 'run-as' administrator... install normally

once it's done, find the keyclone folder... find keyclone.exe (the keyclone application)... right-click/send-to/desktop (create shortcut)

close everything

right-click shortcut / properties / advanced/ CHECK run-as-administrator ... hit ok

now run keyclone normally... all permissions should be set properly.

good luck,

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by 'jinx08',index.php?page=Thread&postID=116613#post1 16613
    Im a little worried about what iv been reading about maximiser not working with vista 64 tho. I dont think i could live without maximiser.
    maximizer works fine with vista64.. i use it daily (running vista 64 home premium right now)

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=116620#pos t116620
    maximizer works fine with vista64.. i use it daily (running vista 64 home premium right now)
    I second. Running Maximizer on 3 machines with vista 64 Ultimate. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by 'jinx08',index.php?page=Thread&postID=116613#post1 16613
    It is working great on my system with Vista64 . I am using the home premium OEM edition.

There is absolutely no problem whatsoever with Keyclone's Maximiser under Vista64 Home Premium - I use it several times a week.

I had this issue initially when i installed on Vista. the problem is that M$ have seen fit to only allow signed applications to write directly to the program files directory. what you have to do is install to another location then move the folder to program files. (after remembering to run as administrator of course)

same thing with the c:\windows\system32 folder (if you ever have to amend a hosts file)

then move the folder to program files
    Or just leave it in the original location - most of my "non-installer" programs are sitting in directories under c:\misc

i have considered changing the default location to c:\keyclone

any thoughts on this? it would cause a bit of confusion for people upgrading their local copies... as it wouldn't be just 'unzip' and go. they would either have to locate/type the 'program files' to have it overwrite the existing version... or copy their settings (keyclone.ini) from the other folder.

thoughts?