Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Account Name

Default Account Name

So i was doing some reading and came across the whole "make your all accounts are under the same name" thing and well I had a question ... say your name is Michael and you also go by Mike ....What if on one account you put Michael and the other your put Mike without thinking about it?
    "Come back with your shield. Or on it"
    The Fallen Angels

if your last name and adress are the same on both you should be ok. Im Matthew but go by Matt and the only people to ever have a problem with that is the people
    that worked the nite check in at my college dorm. They always flipped out cause i didnt sign my full name. Lol
    US PvE : Dawnbringer <Gnomercy>

5 Boxing; Paladin - Marhaus, Shaman x 4 - Lorras, Serikana, Terianna, Ermok

Plaguedone - Death Knight LVL80

Thank bud, I got worried there for a minute. I didnt want them to come back saying I was sharing my account with myself ><
    The Fallen Angels

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.

If the names on the accounts do not not match -- BOTH first AND last names -- then you risk getting suspended by the GMs while you prove account ownership. You are best to call Blizzard and get it cleared up now before someone reports you and the GMs notice your accounts are in different names.

Well if you say so i guess you better call or whatever. I am just under the asumption that Matt/MAtthew and Mike/Michael and the like are consider the same thing. Credit cards, and checks dont seem to matter.
    US PvE : Dawnbringer <Gnomercy>

5 Boxing; Paladin - Marhaus, Shaman x 4 - Lorras, Serikana, Terianna, Ermok

Plaguedone - Death Knight LVL80

You could try posting on the Customer Service forum and see what their opinion on it is.

Indeedy this would be a case for the CS forums to know for sure.

From what I've seen, though -- if it's OBVIOUS the name is your nickname there is little to worry about. However, if you are at all concerned you CAN petition a GM and see what hte process is to getting the name updated. A few members of our forums were able to get their names updated from misspellings and/or completely fake names (i.e. Santa Claus).

It's worth a try if it concerns you.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

It does matter yeah. My actual name is john but i always go by jono. i signed my alt accounts up by the name jono and got suspended. On the phone the operator said that it was very harsh and 99% of the time its let go, but i had to send a scan of my drivers license to get them to fix it. I used webform and phoned them 30mins after posting it and they could change the details then and there. No major problem but was a wee bit annoying.
    (Shaman x4, Paladin)
    �mg-
    p�w-p�w-p�w-p�w (Lvl-80)
    Talnivarr-eu

heroics down: Gundrak(19/4/09), DTK(19/4/09), Utgarde Keep(23/4/09)

Quote Originally Posted by 'jono',index.php?page=Thread&postID=114153#post114 153
    It does matter yeah. My actual name is john but i always go by jono. i signed my alt accounts up by the name jono and got suspended. On the phone the operator said that it was very harsh and 99% of the time its let go, but i had to send a scan of my drivers license to get them to fix it. I used webform and phoned them 30mins after posting it and they could change the details then and there. No major problem but was a wee bit annoying.
    I can see how you fell in the 1% as here in the US at least Jono is not short for John. At least I have not run into it. The other 99% are Mikes and Michaels. It would certainly behoove you to be proactive about it and contact CS to avoid any possible downtime.

Here is the email i got back after asking account services.

Greetings,

This is actually perfectly fine. Mike is a very common nickname for Michael and it should not provide you with any issues as far as account ownership goes. It is when a user puts a fake name on the account when we run into a problem(like Cheeseman Rocks... lol). Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns!

Lance P.
    Billing and Account Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.worldofwarcraft.com
    The Fallen Angels