Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 41

Default WoW Arenas, woohoo

*Update*
    I've hit 1970 rating and plan to make some awesome pvp videos on this next week so we can all enjoy the fruits of our labors. Let me know what you want to see in terms of footage - either from my view or the healers view. As well if you want to hear the ventrilo conversations at the same time.

I just wanna say yaaaa!!!

Currently rocking the Arena's with my setup, of 4 Shaman and brining a healer. I've gone about 20-4 this week pushing my rating up to 1823, my teammates seem to think 2k is pretty possible.

I'd like to make a pvp video but I think my main pc needs a reformat

Nice!

I was wondering the viability of multi-box Arena teams. Congrats! You'll be able to get your S3 Weapons and possibly the shoulders

Thats pretty good. I always had a ton of trouble in the Arenas (even if it was me and 4 different people). It's like my mind just doesn't think once I step in an arena. I guess it helps having crap loads of burst dmg though all targeted on one person at the same time. As soon as you get one down (especially the healer), then the rest would mostly be a cake walk.

I don't think my setup of 1 pally and 4 priests is going to do well in arena's, but thats ok, I created them to see how far I can push PVE. Thinking about it and can't think of any good burst damage spells for priests. Shadow word death would be pretty good if used in combination with vamperic touch. 4 of them simutaneusly on one person with shadow weaving, +dmg gear and in shadow form could do some serious hurting. I think shadow word death has a pretty good casting time of like 3 seconds though, which is an eternity in arena's.

Good luck with your arena's, hope it keeps going well

Quote Originally Posted by jdraughn
    I think shadow word death has a pretty good casting time of like 3 seconds though, which is an eternity in arena's.
    Shadow Word: Death is actually instant cast with a 12 second cooldown.
    Mindblast is 1.5 seconds with a 8 second cooldown. Without talents.

The preferred method for bursting down in Arena's is DPS first and healing last. They already can't heal through the damage, so chopping down their potential damage to me makes it that much easier.

definitely: I was running a 5 DPS arena team for a while, and DPS should always be the first target.

Especially Hunters and Rogues, because a hunter just sitting there plugging away can do a lot, especially with the huge buff in 2.3, and a rogue can lock down a player for a relatively long time in a 5v5 game. Locks and Shadowpriests make good secondary targets.
    [align=center]GM of <The Zerg> Vashj, US
    Xwraith - Awraith - Bwraith - Cwraith - Dwraith (Priest and Warlock x4)
    Xfire - Afire- Bfire- Cfire- Dfire (Ele Shaman x5) <The Zerg> Vashj, US
    Xboxer - Yboxer - Zboxer (Mage x3) <The Zerg> Magtheridon, US

[/align]

Wowwwwww! I made a fresh team at 1500 rating on Thursday to try out some healers to see which one works with me best. Saturday night and I hit 1970 rating. Yes that's right 1970 !!!!!!!

1014 arena points this week, zomg!!!

holy crap Ellay!

Every time I log onto my locks now I think I should be leveling my shaman. That burst DPS is just undeniable. CL and LB do have a significant cast time, but with bloodlust/heroism X 5 it really seems more viable every time I think about it. Congratulations!

Videos please!!! =)

Damn nice work dude.

Maybe I should get to levelling Team Slats.

Maybe this means *properly* played Shammys (not that I know how to do this yet ) are viable with a second person healing. Not TRUE 5 boxing but still pretty impressive.

Interested to see how and if you can progress past 2000. I always had problems with healers well, healing. With 2 bubbledins it makes it REALLY hard to burst down, especially with some of the immune classes thrown in.

But that was with mages + priest. Shammys + an independant healer.... has an advantage in arenas. Not so much in AV or world PvP but still, very impressive!
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US