Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Error 202 - Getting a straight answer

My GF has create a few more accounts with the RAF system. I said I'd pay to upgrade them, so I go online and upgrade the first account using my credit card, 5 minutes later I attempt to upgrade the second account using the same credit card and I get "Error 202". After checking numerous posts on the WoW forums and emailing the billing department I am still none the wiser as to what Error 202 is.

I was told by Blizzard to the following:

1. Check I have funds in the account - done!
    2. Pay by another credit card - no, I want to pay by MY card!
    3. By a retail boxed copy - no I want to pay by MY card! - And it there is a shortage of retail boxed WoW in my area.
    4. Contact my bank and check if I have any account restrictions - done!

The last converation I had I was told to call the billing department and discuss it with them. So.... calling the billing department is different from emailing the billing department???

Has anyone else expierenced Error 202, and how have you resolved it?
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

I had the same issue - I upgraded 2 accounts and couldn't upgrade the rest. It has nothing to do with your bank or your credit card. I've tried three different credit cards - all resulted in the same 202 error. Blizzard told me that it is likely that all my cards had problems. Yeah, right. I went to the store and got the retail boxes. If you plan to upgrade to the BC, retail boxes are cheaper.

Hope this helps

The problem has been sorted.... I used another credit card. Ended up speaking with billing and THEY don't know what "error 202" is, apparently its an error generated by the credit card company and has nothing to do with Blizzard.

Unfortunately the retail boxed copy in New Zealand is considerably more expensive than upgrading online - by about $20 cheaper!
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

This crap Blizzard is spewing about it not being their problem is just that, crap. I had this problem first a year and a half ago. Soon as it happened, I called my banker. My card was fine. I went to newegg.com and bought stuff and it worked like a charm. I cancelled my PCT and tried it again and it worked. Another time I just waited a day and it worked. This time I just bought retail boxes.
    "My dogs could roll heroics with how a lot of you play."
    - Fursphere 2010

I had the same problem, I could upgrade 2 accounts bot not my third,so went and bought it in the stores :>.
    <The Totem Crew> Bronze Dragonflight-EU

Inekthera, Inekthara,Inekthora,Inekthyra

Current Level: 80

I called, sat on the phone for 20 min... and the guy basically just tried putting in the info on the website the same as I did... "you get an error with this info" gee, thanks

I got retail, worked fine.