Close
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 40 of 396

As for he focus thing, yes you would need to set up a few more macros, but they would not need this complicated setup.. as target=focus is always the same the difficulty is making your clones set their focus to the correct one.. but this macro and keymaps set-up allow you to do the this

I've been thinking of a possibility of us being able to quickly cycle through and set different focuses for each clone (mage sheeping or Earthshock interrupting everyone :P ), Just taking longer then I had hoped :P

The hardest part for me is keeping each macro below 255 characters and making sure I don't exceed 36 macros, as I want to make 100% sure this works when we hit WotLK also been setting keys aside for Hex and Thunderstorm :P

Acctually Ellay could I ask you far a massive favour? could you PM me a few of your most needed macro.. I'm trying to have as much utility packed into this set-up as possible, and don't want to loose any important macros.. so far I've got:

Q - BIG ass follow macro

1 - Lightning Bolt on Enemy/ LHW on Friendly
    2 - Chain Lightning on enemy/Chain Heal on Friendly
    3 - Earth Shock on Enemy/Unbound for Friendly (not sure what to put there yet)
    4 - Purge on Enemy/Dispel Poison and disease on Friendly
    5 - Nova Totem
    6 - EM
    E - Hex (when we get it)

Shift1 - LB/LHW on Focus
    Shift-2 CL/CH on Focus
    Shift-3 ES/cur poison and disease on focus
    Shift-4 (can't remember off the top of my head)
    Shift-5 Thunderstorm (when we get it)
    Shift-E LHW on the current Main (important as he is likely to take most damage in PvP)

ctrl- E Cyle Chain Heal

F9-12 LHW on a particular Clone

F1-4 Totem macros

any suggestions as to better keybind placing would be appreciated
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stack',index.php?page=Thread&postID=105370#post10 5370
    this is a great idea and i have a suggestion to add
    ditch the modifiers and change your key bindings to Unicode characters. this way you can still have alternate functionality when you press alt-2 or ctrl-2 without sending a strange sequence of ctrl,shift and alts to your followers. it tripples the number of buttons but reduces the macros in length and complexity.
    ?? sounds interesting but this went way over my head :P is this still through Keyclone? or some other prog.. cos I'm not sure my brain can handle going through another one :P or are you talking in WoW itself?
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80

the idea would be to use characters that arnt normally typable on a us standard keyboard but that you can still send thru keyclone, like say the ? symbol so you could have if you were 3 boxing 3 rows of buttons
    first row is 1-10
    the 2nd row is 10 untypable charactors
    the 3rd row is 10 more untypable charactors

now you can do this say you press 2 on 1 char it would send ? to the other charactors and they would know that means to assist the char that pressed 2. this means you can also make macros that have alt-ctrl-shift functions as well so say when you press 2 you want everyone to healing wave you and if you press alt 2 lesser healing wave. this way you still get the ability to have multiple functions per macro and simplifies your macros becuase you no longer need a long string of complicated ctrl-alt-shift combos to determine who to assist.

however! keyclone i jsut tested and didnt apear to support sending non ascii charactors =/.

edit: further more i dont think my idea would work overall since keyclone doesnt send different hotstrings based on which client was focused at the time. althought if it did this would be seriously easy stuff.

the layout would need to be something like...

title name, key, hotstring.

title name would be the name of the program in the titles list.
    the key would be the key pressed and the hotstring is the same but the catch would be it chooses which hotstring to send by both the key press and the active window at the time.
    {<Nullberri , 70>, <Voidberri, 70>, <Emptyberri, 70>} of Lightbringer

I shee It may be possible using HKN although I've never looked at it :S might be time for me to do so >.< .. once I get an idea I go all OCD :S damn you! that's another month going down the drain :P

anyways I'm off to bed. catch ya all later!

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stack',index.php?page=Thread&postID=105380#post10 5380
    edit: further more i dont think my idea would work overall since keyclone doesnt send different hotstrings based on which client was focused at the time. althought if it did this would be seriously easy stuff.
    acctually that's the basis of this system without it, it wouldn't work

pressing 1 on your Main sends "LB to Main's target" (lets say for arguments sake we actually called the hotstring that way)
    pressing 1 on your 1st Clone sends "LB on Cloe1's target"
    etc

I've just started using this "leaderless" system on my newly created mage group. It is absolutely superb, took me a few hours to get my head around its complications, a couple more hours planning on paper then a few hours to implement. =P

I have however modifed the system to be completely generic. I play several groups and I do not want to change the hotstrings and hotbars from team to team or class to class.

I made two hotbars. One is the played controls (current focus) and the second is the slave bar (non-focus chars) hotstringing Bar1Button1 to Bar2Button1 along the whole bar. I also changed the naming system to be non-spell specific:

B1A1, B2A2 etc (ButtonXAssistingToon), I then created an assist button (containing the complicated targetting macro) into the first button on a third bar and use /click buttonName in all other macros so I only need to edit a single macro to change the assist for a different Toon/Team. Drop those assist macros into the Blizzard general macro section and you can setup regular teams. When you move chars around and just drag the correct assist out to the bar.

use:
    Code:
    /print GetMouseFocus():GetName()
    in the chat entry box while hovering the mouse over a button to get it's name for the /click command.

Obviously I don't HAVE to use a full assisted macro in the slave bar if it's not needed (Point Blank AoE for example) but now it's really easy to copy the entire setup to a new Toon or Team without changing anything in Keyclone or my Hotbar keybindings.

<EDIT> With reference to the "Shift" question with hotstrings, I only run 4 Toons so don't use shift in my hotstring config. Instead I use shift to change all of the hotbars to page-2, this happens across all WoW sessions simultaneously and gives me a second bank of assisted hotkeys.

Zorba, can you clarify and post some example of how you do it?

will this work to set focus? for use with the normal focus follow options?

like a

/focus target

at the end?

Quote Originally Posted by 'drialis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=106571#post 106571
    will this work to set focus? for use with the normal focus follow options?

like a

/focus target

at the end?
    yes it does

/a [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonE]
    /focus [target=target]

not sure if you need the target=target part.. but for some reason without it my macro didn't work :S

EDIT: oh wait.. what did you mean by: "for use with the normal focus follow options?"

the idea of this setup is so you no longer have to use focus for following and assisting.. u can now use it to focus enemies or friendlies and thus kill or assist them when needed

Yeah, right now most of my macros are set up around focus, and for now that works fine for powerleveling. when I'm 60+ I'll be changing that up