Close
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 50 of 396

Has anyone tried/succeeded in getting this style to work with a castsequence macro? Seems all the re-targeting boogers it up.
    2box:
    Theals & Tmelts - lvl 65 Disc/Holy and Shadow priests - Kul Tiras
    IcedT & HotTea - lvl 30 Frost and Fire mages - Perenolde
    HerbalTea and Boomtee - lvl 10 Resto and Balance Druids.

Other: 70 Feral Druid, 70 Resto Shammy, 70 frost mage, 70 afflic Lock.
    Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Pally in the 50-60 range.

I have alt issues. :thumbup:

Any tips when setting this up where to put your hidden macros? I use most of my keyboard already 'cuz I'm wierd like that, and can't use more than 5 or 6. I used up , . ; ' [ keys already. It'd be nice if I could hide them under my menu keys, like m n p b etc. without messing them up, and I'm a little scared to try.

I'm also only 3 boxing, if that makes any difference.

Sorry for not replying more, I'm on holiday at the moment so don't check back here much.

Regarding button usage, you can use all the numpad numbers unless you use them for something else. Or use the click commands like I outlined in a previous post to still get the regular functionality of buttons like O, C etc (I haven't tested this myself).

Regarding castsequence, I haven't tried it myself, but seems like it should work fine so long as you don't have it reset on target. If you want that reset, I would try doing a big /assist line at the start instead of /target, and hopefully you'll keep the same target (mob this time, rather than targetting the player), and it won't reset each time you retarget the same guy.

k wow, this is complex. Got it running about 90% go atm though. Would be 54 atm but skipping leveling time for this is worth it.

how bout a straight assist macro, get everyone targeting the exact same thing, mostly to heal people not in my party or target the same thing to enable melee attacks.

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Moji]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Yoji]
    /target [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Zoji]
    /assist
    /startattack

this is what I've come up with, but the fatal flaw is it assists off the main's target too. So target a friendly, the clones are on the friendly, but you're on the friendly's target. I'm kinda stumped.

EDIT: NVM IM A TARD. :P

when rewriting a macro called 'assist' dont forget to unbind your prievious macro named 'assist' from the same button. I was running it both on the string button and hotkey button.

works perfectly now. :thumbsup:

Heya

am not sure how to solve the targeting issue with /castsequences atm. I'll look into it when i get back home..

what I could suggest quickly to begin wth is introducing a /stopmacro command.. like so:

/castsequence [target=harm] Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning
    /stopmacro [target=harm,nodead]
    /a [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonE]

now careful with these though.. I would not advise using it with all your macros as you may end up loosing a lot of functionality :S

I'll see if i can make them better
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

How about using Left and Right modifiers to clean it up a bit?; LCTRL, RCTRL, LSHIFT etc.
    Looking for Multibox Guild on EU servers, Horde side. If you're into PvP it's a definite plus!

Atogg and Bevara, Shaman and Druid, EU Horde, Jaedenar PvP. Currently lvl 75.

I ended up installing Macro Sequence last night, and it seems to work really well for the sequences, and really helps with the macro size limit too.
    All I need to do to the above macros is replace the /cast line with /click MySpells.

The the set up for macro sequence looks like
    Code:
    MacroSequence.sequences = {
    MySpells = {
    reset = {
    shift = true,
    combat = true,
    seconds = 23
    },
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Vampiric Touch",
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Mind Blast",
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Mind Flay",
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Mind Flay"
    },
    Cogwheel, the addon author has said he's working on a gui to update the sequences instead of editing the files, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in some time. Seems to work so far though.
    2box:
    Theals & Tmelts - lvl 65 Disc/Holy and Shadow priests - Kul Tiras
    IcedT & HotTea - lvl 30 Frost and Fire mages - Perenolde
    HerbalTea and Boomtee - lvl 10 Resto and Balance Druids.

Other: 70 Feral Druid, 70 Resto Shammy, 70 frost mage, 70 afflic Lock.
    Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Pally in the 50-60 range.

I have alt issues. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by jettmartinez',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107126# post107126]I ended up installing [url='http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=7911
    Macro Sequence[/url] last night, and it seems to work really well for the sequences, and really helps with the macro size limit too.
    All I need to do to the above macros is replace the /cast line with /click MySpells.

The the set up for macro sequence looks like
    Code:
    MacroSequence.sequences = {
    MySpells = {
    reset = {
    shift = true,
    combat = true,
    seconds = 23
    },
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Vampiric Touch",
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Mind Blast",
    "/cast [target=targettarget,harm] Mind Flay"
    },
    Cogwheel, the addon author has said he's working on a gui to update the sequences instead of editing the files, but it doesn't seem to have been updated in some time. Seems to work so far though.
    oh wait.. the idea was to have a cast sequence that didn't reset even if you changed target?

i don't see why using

/castsequence reset=10 Stormstrike, Earth Shock (just as an example)

wouldn't work.. there is no condition set that states it should reset when changing target..

if you did want it to reset then u would replace it with

/castsequence reset=10/target Stormstrike, Earth Shock
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

Sigh, this method almost makes me think to move over from Octopus to Keyclone.
    The Blues Brothers of Emerald Dream: Kutetsu, Relinian, Relvin and Relv

I've used a castsequence round-robin for frost nova on 4 mages. You just need to think about the resets.

Mage 1:
    castsequence reset=60 frost nova,,,

Mage 2:
    castsequence reset=55 ,frost nova,,

Mage 3:
    castsequence reset=50 ,,frost nova,

Mage3
    castsequence reset=45 ,,,frost nova

You then put the macro in BOTH keybinds. The current "leader" casts frost nova from the main bar and the current followers cast it from the secondary (non-focus) bar.

The cascading reset time is to reduce the chance that I get caught in different spots in the sequence across chars. Mage 1 is my "normal" main (can't use the word leader anymore) so the sequences will all reset around the same time. The reset is necessary as, should you need to change leaders, the new and old leader would start using a different macro and be in the wrong point within it.

Now, before you say it, I KNOW that frost nova is untargetted and does not need all this extra effort, but as I said in an earlier post I have generalised the whole leaderless system so I don't start screwing with hotstrings and keymaps all the time. I only give this as an example because I already know it works.

There is no reason the idea can't be applied to any sequence providing you don't reset on target. I'll give the idea some thought, there may be a a way around it.

I promise to go into more detail on the generic leaderless setup, perhaps even providing my keymap files for download or cut/paste, when I can find a little time.