Close
Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast
Showing results 331 to 340 of 396

hi, on first glance your hotstrings look ok, so I would guess the problem you described lies in the keybinding in wow.

What you described would occure, if 'shift+i' is not unbind on all the 5 toons, but binded to another action.
    So the first thing I would do is check if this is the case, and if so to unbind shift+i and test again.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quick crossposting: [HotKeyNet] Implementing an FTL quite simple with templates

a short guide, how to do the hotsringing with hotkeynet realy simple...
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Thanks for the quick reply. At first thought i thought that might be what it was as well but went in and check all keybindings and nothing was bound to those strings. Also i'm not sure if that would explain why I can get the keys to broadcast with two of my toons but not when the other three are the main. Again any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    5xDruids (Theres Four Others)0.........10.........20.........30.........40..... ....50....55....60.........70.........80

Also i'm not sure if that would explain why I can get the keys to broadcast with two of my toons but not when the other three are the main
    It would explain it, because all toons where it doesn't work Phort(LSHIFT+LCTRL+I), PHORC (LSHIFT+LALT+I) and PHORA (LSHIFT+LALT+ LCTRL + I) use shift in their modifiercombination, which identivies them.
    So if shift+i would be bound to another action, the follow-macro which is on i would not get triggered.
    Could you maybe check the keybinding-file for all toons if shift+i is realy unbound? -Or maybe post the macro you bound to i, for more helping/guessing?
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Well i guess that i didn't look for just SHIFT+I that could be the problem. I knew there was a reason everyone came to this forum.... I will try when i get home from work thanks for the help.
    5xDruids (Theres Four Others)0.........10.........20.........30.........40..... ....50....55....60.........70.........80

I attempted to get this working a couple months ago, but after many tries couldn't find a workable solution. As I was just getting my teams going I went back to a focus based set-up and proceeded to level up a few RAF groups. Fast forward to today, I find that I would really like to free up focus, so I've taken a second look at the FTL set-up. My understanding is a bit better now, so I'm hoping I can more clearly articulate the problem I'm encountering than I did back in November.

The set-up works well for abilities that are tied to one key, however, I'm having trouble when using shift+key. Take for example Shift+4. I have the following hotstrings set-up for this as follows..

Decianax:
    LSHIFT+4 --------------> S4A
    LCTRL+LALT+K ----------> S4E
    LSHIFT+LALT+K ---------> S4I
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+K ---> S4O
    LCTRL+K ---------------> S4U

Decianex:
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+K --------> S4A
    LSHIFT+4 --------------> S4E

Decianix:
    LSHIFT+4 --------------> S4I

Decianox:
    LSHIFT+4 --------------> S4O

Decianux:
    LSHIFT+4 --------------> S4U

In game Starfire is set to Shift+4 on each character's action bars. The macro for Starfire on each character is tied to the K key and is as follows...

/assist
    [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Decianax][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Decianex]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Decianix]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Decianox]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Decianux]
    /cast Starfire

When I'm playing Decianax, Decianix, or Decianox, and I hit Shift+4 everything works fine, all characters get the correct target and 5 Starfires begin to cast. However, if I target a mob with Decianex or Decianux and hit Shift+4, the other characters do not get a target. It seems what is happening, is when Decianex hits Shift+4 the S4E hotstring gets triggered, and LCTRL+LALT+K are triggered on the other characters, but the shift is getting passed as well. What this means is that the other characters get passed the modifier sequence for Decianox (mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift) and try to assist, but only Decianex has the target so the spell fails on the slaves.

The same is true for Decianux, rather than just the CTRL modifier being passed through the hotstring, the Shift from pressing Shift+4 also gets passed, and the assist target is Decianax.

There must be a work around for this, as it seems people do bind abilities to Shift+Key with this set-up. With 5 characters, dropping shift as a modifier in the assist macro unfortunately isn't an option, as there aren't enough combinations of modifiers without it. It doesn't appear that I can put shift on a do-not-pass list, unless I'm missing something. Anyone have an idea how I can fix this, so using Shift+Key works on all characters?

Cancel this, found it in the wiki.

ok i'm seriously lost... can someone tell me whats wrong here?
    Code:
    Lightning Bolt
    ToonA:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Osera]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Osora]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Osura]
    /cast [target=targettarget,harm] Lightning Bolt
    /targetlasttarget

ToonB:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Osira]
    /targetlasttarget

ToonC:

[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Osera]
    /targetlasttarget

ToonD:

[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Osera]
    /targetlasttarget
    i have bound it on every char to "U" since it was free... was that wrong?

please can someone help me fix this^^

thanks already,
    rip-rip

Default RE: Focusless, targetless, 'leaderless' setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Pocalypse',index.php?page=Thread&postID=103921#po st103921
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonE]
    /targetlasttarget
    would target=party1 work in place of "ToonA" in this setup?

im not sure how WoW handles the party window, but if your characters are always in the same party slots (1through5).. wouldnt using party# to target mean you could have a universal set of hotstrings/macros no matter which group youre playing?

Default RE: RE: Focusless, targetless, 'leaderless' setup.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jezebel',index.php?page=Thread&postID=179207#post 179207
    im not sure how WoW handles the party window, but if your characters are always in the same party slots (1through5).. wouldnt using party# to target mean you could have a universal set of hotstrings/macros no matter which group youre playing?
    No, party1-n are different on different characters. I can never remember what the system is. It's something like party1 is always the player or always the main except on the main. At any rate, it screws up a system based on hard coded IDs.

If you want an alternative check out my addon ActionBarTargeting. It gives you macro buttons Toon1 - Toon2 in a consistent order that you can /click. Sounds more like what you want.
    All my codes r belong to you: wow5box