Quote Originally Posted by 'Ken',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118425#post1184 25
- Your group is not flexible anymore:
You can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.
I have 9 toons across 5 accounts (4 accounts with one character each and 1 account with 5 characters). This means one set of keymaps for each account and 5 versions of the assist and follow macros in the game to handle the various characters on account #1. It definitely adds a layer of complication. For people who don't have a set group of 5 characters that they run, here is what I do to make it easier for me:

1) Keymap files named for the account. I don't always load characters up in the same windows the same way. Sometimes I run instances with other people and might just take 2 or 3 toons. Naming the keymap files for the account and putting the account name in the description makes it easier to keep track.

2) MacroBank. This addon is basically macro storage. With limited macro slots in the game I just don't have room to keep 5 versions of follow and 5 versions of assist (and actually editing macros every time I swap a character is a pain). So I have MacroBank set up with 2 sets of macros with the 5 variations. Just open the macro window, hit the "Restore" button on the assist and follow ToonX macros, do that for each window and then everyone has the right toon names in their macros with just a couple clicks. Just be careful with the "Replace" button if you use this addon (I wish I could remove that)...you could end up with this well formed /assist macro on top of your long thought out /castsequence dps macro. But basically it's a pretty helpful mod for anyone that might need to swap macros frequently (like if you're rotating toons in to summon the HH).