Close
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast
Showing results 351 to 360 of 396

I see, that's good to know. Well, I'll still play around with it to see what I can use and what I can't.

Rated Arena Member

Default Focus Cast Question

Hello!

I got my two key setup working just fine for FL Setup (no T) as I used olipcs idea. Everything works fine however I would like to use either Shift or Ctrl as a focus cast modifier, when I set Ctrl or Shift in WoW Interface as focus modifier then everything goes haywire for my Follow and Target buttons. I am using Keyclone in Vista. Here is my Setup perhaps I can change the modifiers to Alt,Ctrl, Alt+Ctrl and I can't come up with a 4th to avoid using Shift so I can use it for the focus casting. Also another thing that confused me is I have Self Cast set to Alt in WoW Interface settings and it works fine. I am running 4 shamans. I like just having the ASSIST Macro and the FOLLOW Macro for now but I want to be able to set a focus to cast heals or CC without losing my target.

Code:

Maleick (1) shift - ctrl 
    Nurbok (2) ctrl - alt 
    Voon (3) shift - alt 
    Lycoon (4) shift - ctrl - alt 
    *TF1-4 = Toon Follow 1-4 
    *TT1-4 = Toon Target 1-4 
    FOLLOW MACRO: Bound to " ` " on all toons 
    /stopmacro [nomod] 
    /target [mod:shift,mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,target=Maleick] [mod:alt,mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,target=Nurbok] [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Voon] [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Lycoon] 
    /follow 
    /targetlasttarget 

ASSIST MACRO: Bound to " J " on all toons 
    /stopmacro [nomod] 
    /target [mod:shift,mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,target=Maleick] [mod:alt,mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,target=Nurbok] [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Voon] [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Lycoon] 
    /target [target=targettarget]

Here are two problems:

1. You are using the same modifier-combination for Voon and Lycoon (alt + shift), this need to be different.

2. What you want is not easy to achive, because you need the modifiers alt,shift,ctrl to identify which toon is leading (because you are using more than 3 toons, and there is no combination for the fourth toon, what you found out...).

What you can do, in theory to achive the above is using a tool which can correctly differentiate between left/right alt/ctrl/shift and define the modifers for your toons like this:

Malerick = lAlt
    Nubork = rAlt
    Voon = lAlt + rAlt
    Lycoon = rAlt + rctrl

now shift is 'free' and you could use it for the 'cast on focus'. (Btw. HKN is a tool which can do this).

On short question at the end:
    Wat is the reason you need the 'cast on focus' in your follow and target macro?
    What I don't understand here is, what you want to achive by this. -Could you describe what you want to happen when you press the 'cast on focus'-modifier and the follow/target macro?
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

I just wanted to say Thanks!!!!!!! I read this entire thread at work, and couldn't wait to try it at home. I have to admit to not being great at all this stuff, and I was able to get it set up. I can now follow and use lightning. I will set up the rest tonight. I never would have thought to use strings or binds like this. I love the set up. Thanks again for sharing. :P

Default hotstring

Hi iv been reading up on ur hotstrings idea and i cannot get mine to work. my toons are called toonaa/toonbb/tooncc/toondd so i would not have to alter macro much.

My follow macro in particular;
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Toonaa] [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Toonbb] [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Tooncc] [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Toondd]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

My toons are running the same strings as urs; with different hidden macro key "-" (next to =+ is the silent macro key)

` --> FOA
    Ctrl-alt - --> FOB
    Alt-Shift - --> FOC
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift - --> FOD

ToonB:

Ctrl-Shift - --> FOA
    ` --> FOB
    Alt-Shift - --> FOC
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift - --> FOD

ToonC:

Ctrl-Shift - --> FOA
    Ctrl-alt - --> FOB
    ` --> FOC
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift - --> FOD
    Ctrl - --> FOE

ToonD:

Ctrl-Shift - --> FOA
    Ctrl-alt - --> FOB
    Alt-Shift - --> FOC
    ` --> FOD

The funny thing is toon B can lead toon A but not the other way around... what am i missing here?

I am no expert, I just got up and running this week, but my problems were with my macros and not with my strings. One time, I had an extra / in the macro.

I also had shift I macroed to pet attack on some characters but not others, so it worked on half of them, but not the rest. Once I got rid of that, then they all worked perfectly.

After a great deal of playing i figgured out that i was running a bad macro. TY for your help. but mainly for this thread. It quite literaly contains anything you need to know about the FTL method. I personaly find no use for the Targetless part. (i intend on arenaing, but once a flame shok is up x4 on a target... i don't think who im aiming on is going to be a suprise. Lol)

After searching through a bunch of pages within this thread I have been unable to find an answer so I thought I'd ask. I'm using a four shammy set up and I'm copying the examples on the first page sans the fifth line referring to toon E (in both the Hotstring and Macro). I have set this up successfully on my 5 Warlock Set Up where it worked well but now I wish to use it on my mains. The key stroke is being set up properly as I can see it being sent to my slaves only they aren't responding. They won't follow OR cast lightning bolt.

I have a feeling this has to do with the macro but I am unsure. The example of my hotstring for toon A is:

2 --> LBAT
    Ctrl-alt-] --> LBBT
    Alt-Shift-] --> LBCT
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-] --> LBDT

and for the macro:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    /cast [target=targettarget,harm] Lightning Bolt
    /targetlasttarget

Do I need to alter anything? Why do my hotstring/macros not work with a four shammy set up? Help.

EDIT: Got follow to now work, can't get my shammies to cast Lightning Bolt though.

I tried that a while back as well, but now I use:
    /assist [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    /cast Lightning Bolt
    /targetlasttarget

It worked much better for me this way. Was quicker response time as well.

ok so i get the ingame stuff but i dont understand the hotstring or how to put it into keyclone or what to type in keyclone nuthin plz help im confused
    playing wow - $75 per month
    5 accounts and xpacs - $500
    Whooping ur @$$ in PVP - Priceless

Meet my team
    Xxin-Axin-Bxin-Cxin-Dxin Mag.
    Allyougot- Allyiugot - Allyyugot - Allyeugot - Allyaugot Mag.
    �neshot - �neshot - �neshot - �neshot - �nesh�t - onesh�t - onesh�t - onesh�t - onesh�t - onesh�t Mag.
    shetankss - shebangss - sheshootss - shekillss - shehealss Mag.