Close
Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Showing results 281 to 290 of 396

Does hotstring naming matter, or just the keysequence?

I 'm not able to get the party speak to work. I have a bit of variablity in the hotstring names:

I've named one key lbta, and another lbtoonb, etc. could this be my problem?

Quote Originally Posted by 'delafoo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=139524#post 139524
    Tried the /p %t is my Master and not getting any response.

I verified that keymap A is associated with shama and B with toonB... so I must have a hotstring error?

ShockershamA, Keymap saved as: C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\keyclone\lbta.kcl
    Description: blank
    key hotstring
    2 lightningbolt.on.toona
    LCTRL+I lightningboltontoone
    LSHIFT+LALT+I lightningboltontoonc
    LCTRL+LALT+I lightningbolt.on.tonbg
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+I lightningboltontoond

This is how my keymap looks for toonA, Shockershama. In the 'Command Editor' of Keyclone, I have the Keymap field set to load this keymap to shockershama upon loading (command is named wow1).

Keymap 2 for shockershamb. Saved as same as above but ends in\lbtb.kcl

Key Hotstring
    2 lbtb
    LCTRL+I lbte
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+I lbtna
    LSHIFT+LALT+I lbtc
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+I lbtd

In all toons, I have the Lightning bolt spell loaded onto button 2, and the /p macro you suggested bound to a button on a seperate macroon bar, bound to 'I'.

Further suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

~Ben
    Not sure why this was posted 2 pages back when I just posted it ;P

Hi, delafoo!

Sorry, you have so much trouble in setting this up, I try to help you, as much as I can.
    I've gone over my macros and stirings several times. I have noticed that there are maybe 3 or more versions of the macros here, with spaces, returns, semicolons, so maybe thats my problem
    This is because the system is (or was) in development, and everybody used other macros and method, for example you can do a cast on Shockershamas-Target by

Code:
    /assist Shockershama
    /cast Lightningbolt
    or
    Code:
    /target [target=Shockershama]
    /target [target=targettarget]
     /cast Lightningbolt
    it does basicly the same, but the first version is better if you use /castsequences wit a reset=target option like
    Code:
    /assist Shockershama
    /castsequence reset=target  Corruption,Curse of Agony,Immolate,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt,Shadowbolt
    ...the later may be better if you try to combine damage and healing in one button as in:
    Code:
    /target [target=Shockershama]
    /cast [target=targettarget,harm,nodead] Lightningbolt;[help,nodead]Healing Wave
    so thats why there are so many varaniants, sorry...

But I try to give you one working in the following:

Keybindings

First thing you should make sure, is that your keybindings are ok, to test this do the following:

1- Group all Toons
    2. Drag the following macro to your slave-key (in your case 'I') on all Toons:
    Code:
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Shockershama][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Shockershamb][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Shockershamc][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Shockershamd][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Shockershame]
    /p %t is my Master
    (very important: The macro must be only on two lines, don't insert linebreaks after each [] as it is done in the wiki for better understanding!)

3. Activate the Window of 'Shockershama' press '2' and see, if Shockershamb till Shockershame say 'Shockershama is my Master' in group chat
    4. do Step 3. for the four other Shamans and see if they announce the correct Master

If all announced every master correct, your keybinding is fine, and the problem lies in the macro!

Macros
    For your purpose the following macro should be dragged to your slave-key ('I'):
    Code:
    /assist [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt]Shockershama;[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift]Shockershamb;[mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl]Shockershamc;[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift]Shockershamd;[mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift]Shockershame
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt
    (and if you want a /targetlasttarget at the end, though, i personaly do not like it, becaus of its impact on /castsequences..)
    Again, the above must be only two lines!

After you dragged the macro to your slave-keys on all Shaman, try the leader switching out extensivly, and hopefully have fun!

btw. to have it complete, the follow macro would look like:
    Code:
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Shockershama][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Shockershamb][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Shockershamc][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Shockershamd][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Shockershame]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

I hope this works and you have fun!
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Thank you. That explains alot. I will implement this tonight and get back to you... looking at your post, I'm thinking that my macro is indeed the problem, will will let you know for sure.

Well written. Thanks again,

~Ben

Thank you. That explains alot. I will implement this tonight and get back to you... looking at your post, I'm thinking that my macro is indeed the problem, will will let you know for sure.
    You're welcome. Honestly no problem, i know the setup can be a bitch, cause it is quite complex, but i hope you will forget all the trouble, when you see the beauty of its function

..i honestly also think, the error is in your macro (but added the section about keybinding to be sure).
    The problem i saw with the macro is that you are using is, that you use an /assis in a macro phrase, which originaly was used with /target.
    I think if you had used your macro in this way, it would function:

Code:
    /target [target=targettarget]
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt 
    /targetlasttarget
    but the devil is in the details, as allways
    HotKeyNet - Guide

**New Technique**

Using modifiers directly in your /cast macro

One major problem/misunderstanding of the ftl-setup is that a macro, which should activate on '2', like:
    /cast [mod:alt,harm] Corruption; [harm] Shadowbolt
    can normaly only be achived in a ftl setup, by seperatly define a hotkey for '2' and a hotkey for 'alt + 2' which lead to 2 different slavekeys.
    For more information see: http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/index.php/Focusless_Targetless_Leaderless_Setup#Modifiers

This is only half of the truth, as it is possible to use the same slave-key as long as you are not using the modifier which is used in the macro (here: alt) as part of your modifier-order which defines your leading Toon.

Ok, in theory this is possible, but when i want to define a modifier-order for a 5-Toon-Team i have to use at leats 3 different modifiers.

You might ask: "So what are you telling me here? It is possible, but becasue i need 3 different modifiers for my order its inpractical! -So shut up, don't waste my time!"
    You were right, if there are only 3 modifiers!
    But I shortly realized, that there are indeed 6 (!) modifiers not only 3, if you differentiate between left + right shift,alt,ctrl :thumbsup:

So the basic idea:
    Simply use ralt, rshift and rctrl to define the modifier-order and voila, lalt,lshift and lctrl can be used in your macros! jipi!

so instead of using:
    ‘Ctrl + Shift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonA’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonB’
    ‘Alt + Shift + key’---> ‘command.ToonC’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + Shift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonD’
    ‘Ctrl + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonE’

as your modifier combination, use:

‘rCtrl + rShift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonA’
    ‘rCtrl + rAlt + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonB’
    ‘rAlt + rShift + key’---> ‘command.ToonC’
    ‘rCtrl + rAlt + rShift + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonD’
    ‘rCtrl + key’ ---> ‘command.ToonE’

and by doing so you can use a macro like the following on your slave key:

/assist
    [mod:rctrl,mod:rshift,nomod:ralt]ToonA;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonB;
    [mod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl]ToonC;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,mod:rshift]ToonD;
    [mod:rctrl,nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonE
    /cast [harm,mod:shift]Chain Lightning;[harm]Lightning Bolt

Horray
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 'olipcs',index.php?page=Thread&postID=139398#post1 39398
    [b]**New Technique**

and by doing so you can use a macro like the following on your slave key:

/assist
    [mod:rctrl,mod:rshift,nomod:ralt]ToonA;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonB;
    [mod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl]ToonC;
    [mod:rctrl,mod:ralt,mod:rshift]ToonD;
    [mod:rctrl,nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift]ToonE
    /cast [harm,mod:shift]Chain Lightning;[harm]Lightning Bolt

Horray
    Does this actually work? I was always under the impression that wow does not differentiate between left and right modifiers. Does it recognize lalt and ralt?

yes it does, i'm running it thatway at the moment,
    what i can't say at the momement is, if keyclone can differentiate between lalt and ralt.
    But till wendsday i'm using HotKeyNet instead of keyclone (and loving it), and with it, this definatly works!
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Does hotstring naming matter, or just the keysequence?

I 'm not able to get the party speak to work. I have a bit of variablity in the hotstring names:

I've named one key lbta, and another lbtoonb, etc. could this be my problem?
    in general ony the keysequence. so its not important if you name the hotstring for lightning bolt 'lbta' or 'lbtoonb', the only thing thats important is, that you use the same name for the hotstring identifiying lb on a specific Toon, like 'lightning.bolt.on.ToonAs.target' in every keymap.

So using:

'ctrl + shift + i ---> lightning.bolt.on.ToonAs.target'' on the Keymap of ToonB
    and
    'ctrl + shift + i ---> lbA'

is a no go!
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Not sure why this was posted 2 pages back when I just posted it ;P
    Yeah funny, for me the order of the posts is also not correct, maybe the forum has problems...
    ShockershamA, Keymap saved as: C:\Users\Ben\Desktop\keyclone\lbta.kcl
    Description: blank
    key hotstring
    2 lightningbolt.on.toona

This is how my keymap looks for toonA, Shockershama. In the 'Command Editor' of Keyclone, I have the Keymap field set to load this keymap to shockershama upon loading (command is named wow1).

Keymap 2 for shockershamb. Saved as same as above but ends in\lbtb.kcl

Key Hotstring
    2 lbtb
    LCTRL+I lbte
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+I lbtna
    LSHIFT+LALT+I lbtc
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+LALT+I lbtd
    Ah yeah, now i know what your problem is!

you can't name 'ctrl+i --> lightningboltontoone' for ToonA and 'ctrl+i -->lbte' on ToonB, it must be the same string.

This is the reason why:

Say you press '2' while ToonA is active:
    - what happens is, that keyclone looks up in its keymap-file for ToonA if there is a hotstring for ToonA an it finds '2 --> lightningbolt.on.toona'
    - now, keyclone send first the keypress '2' to the active ToonA and then searches in the keymapfiles of the other Toons if there is a phrase like ' ... --> lightningbolt.on.toona'
    - if it found a association it sends the corresponding keystroke to the corresponding window.

-When you youse different names, like you did above, keyclone never finds any phrase like ' ... --> lightningbolt.on.toona' on the keymaps of the slaves and they never get a keystroke.

so correct the above would be:

ShockerShameA:
    2 lightningbolt.on.toona

Keymap 2 for shockershamb:
    2 lightningbolt.on.tonbg
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+I lightningbolt.on.toona