Close
Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Showing results 91 to 100 of 396

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nixi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=113158#post113 158
    Quote Originally Posted by 'We are Legion',index.php?page=Thread&postID=109686#post10 9686
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Gares',index.php?page=Thread&postID=109603#post10 9603
    How the heck do I use the keymap editor in Keyclone? I'm trying to setup each of those to test them out for 2 chars ATM and keyclone only lets me have one keymap open at one time and then you can't list the same key twice in there...umm anyone?
    I am new here, been using KC about a week, and this wasn't obvious to me either. You need to save the keymap then start a new one for each toon, saving each as you go along. Then from the main window, right click the client you want to assign a keymap to and select "Load Keymap" for each.
    So I need to make 1 keymap per toon and have it contain all the hotstrings for every ability I plan on using?

Following the OP's example 2 abilities (lightning bolt and follow)

Keymap name: ToonA.kcl
    (for lighting bolt)
    2 --> LBAT
    Ctrl-alt-] --> LBBT
    Alt-Shift-] --> LBCT
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-] --> LBDT
    Ctrl-] --> LBET
    (for follow)
    ` --> FOA
    Ctrl-alt-O --> FOB
    Alt-Shift-O --> FOC
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-O --> FOD
    Ctrl-O --> FOE

The ToonA.kcl file contains 10 hot strings for the two abilities, and if I want to add another ability for my 5 toons I'll have to add another 5 hotstrings, correct?

so the keymap file ToonA.kcl contains the hotstrings for each and every ability? Then I only have to Load 1 keymap (ToonA.kcl) for each instance of wow that has each account loaded (ToonA's account)?
    If I understand you correctly, then yes.

You're going to have 5 keymap files (ToonA.kcl, ToonB.kcl etc), each with 5 hotstrings per ability. You load a seperate keymap file for each toon.

Whenever you add a new ability, you have to add 5 hotstrings to each of the 5 files, so you're inputting 25 new hotstrings altogether.

I was finally able to get one ability working between two characters, and then when i tried to add the follow 'ability' I couldn't get it to work. It's probably some typos, I've been going through and checking what I did wrong but the lightning bolt works great. Thank you so much for providing this write-up. I was blown away by how nicely the lightning bolt macro worked, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all in order to expand it to become a total solution for controlling my shamans. From what I can understand about the modifiers i'm not sure if this method will work with 10 toons because each has to have it's own modifier combination, but I suppose with using lalt, ralt, that might be expanded to.... damn, i can't remember the simplist statistics, how many combinations are there with lalt, ralt, lshift, rshift, lctrl, rctrl and nomod ?
    Absolute Power
    10 Boxing: Priest, Mage, Paladin x2, Warlock x2, Shaman x4
    Karazhan - 9 out of 11
    The Curator, Terestian Illhoof, Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by 'Nixi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=113161#post113 161
    I was finally able to get one ability working between two characters, and then when i tried to add the follow 'ability' I couldn't get it to work. It's probably some typos, I've been going through and checking what I did wrong but the lightning bolt works great. Thank you so much for providing this write-up. I was blown away by how nicely the lightning bolt macro worked, but I'm still trying to wrap my head around it all in order to expand it to become a total solution for controlling my shamans. From what I can understand about the modifiers i'm not sure if this method will work with 10 toons because each has to have it's own modifier combination, but I suppose with using lalt, ralt, that might be expanded to.... damn, i can't remember the simplist statistics, how many combinations are there with lalt, ralt, lshift, rshift, lctrl, rctrl and nomod ?
    As far as I'm aware, you can't get wow to distinguish between left and right modifiers. Keyclone can tell them apart, but you can't bind them to different buttons or get your macros to tell them apart.

Therefore, you're stuck with 8 combinations at the moment.

You can always use two buttons though. Just have 5 characters use one hidden macro and the other 5 use a different one. You may be running out of keybinds pretty quick though .

For those worrying about WotLK and server side macros, there's already a new version of trinity bars (called Macaroon) that works in the beta. It allows an unlimited number of macros of 1023 character length.

Find it here.

(Thanks to wetstreet for posting this in the Macros and Addons forum).

Quote Originally Posted by Pocalypse',index.php?page=Thread&postID=113572#pos t113572]For those worrying about WotLK and server side macros, there's already a new version of trinity bars (called Macaroon) that works in the beta. It allows an unlimited number of macros of 1023 character length.

Find it [url='http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10636-Macaroon.html
    here[/url].

(Thanks to wetstreet for posting this in the Macros and Addons forum).undefined
    This is great news, from going from 3-5, all my macros got HUGE and now for the first time, I'm limited by the character limit. I almost went out and got a G11 keyboard, which still might happen.

- btw - setting up for 5 was much easier after I got it to work on 3.
    Kudos again for such an awesome system. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

edit: one more challenge, a way to use round robin - keyclone seems to count the round robin on the way out, after the keymap, so this may be impossible.

Example; when 3 boxing I had earth shock on a round robin key, 4, so I could perpetually lock down casters and had a mana efficient way to kill runaways with only 5% hp left.

it seems when I set up the 4 key to be leaderless targeting, ; being it's hidden binding, it sortof ignores the round robin. if I put 4 as a RR key, the main window might or might not cast, but all the rest cast every time. when I set the ; key to RR, the main always casts, and 4/5 one of the alts cast too, so double wammy. If I put both to RR, sometimes neither will cast sometimes 2 will cast, all of which kindof defeats the purpose, so I don't do this anymore.

4 is a heal key now :P

Default OMG

I just WASTED 8 hours trying to get this to work. Nothing I read or searched for gave me any clues as to what I was doing wrong. It turns out something is limiting my ability to pass Ctrl+F7 to the WoW window. I dont know if windows reserves this key combination or what, but every hotstring that used ctrl+FX(any function key) would not work. Alt and shift were fine. I finally got it to work as described in the OP by using [.

AVOID USING FUNCTION KEYS AND CTRL

Anyways I hope that little tidbit saves someone else some time. In the process of learning this I did find a much shorter version of the macro that works great for 4 boxing.

Here is my follow macro that is global, so each character doesnt need a custom macro and is only 128 characters.

ToonA
    ToonB
    ToonC
    ToonD

Code:
    /target [mod:ctrl,target=ToonB][mod:alt,target=ToonC][mod:shift,target=ToonD];[target=ToonA]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget
    Here is the hotstring setup.

Code:
    ToonA:
    2 --> FAT
    Ctrl-] --> FBT
    Alt-] --> FCT
    Shift-] --> FDT

ToonB:
    ] --> FAT
    2 --> FBT
    Alt-] --> FCT
    Shift-] --> FDT

ToonC:
    ] --> FAT
    Ctrl-] --> FBT
    2 --> FCT
    Shift-] --> FDT

ToonD:
    ] --> FAT
    Ctrl-] --> FBT
    Alt-] --> FCT
    2 --> FDT

Default RE: OMG

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gurk',index.php?page=Thread&postID=115155#post115 155
    I just WASTED 8 hours trying to get this to work. Nothing I read or searched for gave me any clues as to what I was doing wrong. It turns out something is limiting my ability to pass Ctrl+F7 to the WoW window. I dont know if windows reserves this key combination or what, but every hotstring that used ctrl+FX(any function key) would not work. Alt and shift were fine. I finally got it to work as described in the OP by using [.
    I believe WoW has the Ctrl + FX keys bound to the special action bar as default (warrior stances, druid forms, paladin auras etc). Did you make sure to unbind them from there?

I myself use Ctrl + F1-F5 as my keyclone PiP keys, and I'm pretty sure WoW recognises them too.

ok Ive decided I want to try this, however I dont want to lose my old setup if I can't get this to work. What files do I save from the WoW folder to save my current setup? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=115923#p ost115923
    ok Ive decided I want to try this, however I dont want to lose my old setup if I can't get this to work. What files do I save from the WoW folder to save my current setup? Thanks
    Copy the WTF folder. That holds ALL your settings/macros. Once copied you can do anything you like, and if you ever want to go back, delete or rename the new WTF folder and put the copy back in place.

Also its a good idea to backup your WTF folder to a disk or on the internet, in case your computer dies.

excellent idea and thanks for the help!