Close
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Showing results 61 to 70 of 396

basicly: yes

by binding a macro to "^" do the following (in an order you like)

1. go to the macro interface and type the MAcro
    2. drag the macro to a button on a a bar u like (in ure example Bar6 Button1)
    3. go to the keybinding setup and bind "^" to the assignd button (Bar6 Button1)

of course this would differ, if you use f.e. trinity 2.0 where you can create "makro-buttons" and keybindings for them
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Would anyone mind if I stickied this until it is written up in the Wiki?
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by 'Wilbur',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107740#post1 07740
    FTW!! :P for a second there i was already thinking i was going nuts.. couldn't find the thread :P
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

Really fab stuff thanks for posting it! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by 'OLIPCS',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107654#post1 07654
    First of all:

a BIG thank you (@Pocalypse & Ðeceased) for this wonderful system!

I admit I understand the benefits of an focusless, targetless and leaderless system (yah a ftl-system ), but for me the "targetless" is not realy needed and I personaly like to see whom my toons are targeting.
    So I changed your setup a little bit, to better suit my playstyle.
    Another benefit of this is, that I can use modifiers in my Attack-Macros, which is currently not so easily possible in your system (I think).

Here a "short" discription:

In my setup, the default target of all toons will be the target who should be damaged.

Basicly i have only 2 buttons where your "ftl-system" is used. My follow-button("^") and my Target-Current-Toons-Target-Button ("1").

This buttons are setup like yours (yeah i'm lazy) with the diffrence that I'm not using seperate Key-Bindings for active-toon-actions and following-toon-actions, like you do with using "2" for active-toons-actions and "#" for following-toon-action. I would simple use "2" for both.

So to get an Example my binding for "1" in keyclone looks like:

1 --> tt1
    Ctrl-alt-1 --> tt2
    Alt-Shift-1 --> tt3
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-1 --> tt4
    Ctrl-1 --> tt5

(ttX = target-toonX-target)

to complete the setup, now the macros I use for follow and targeting:

Follow (bind to "^" at EACH toon):

/stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon2]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=toon3]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=toon4]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon5]
    /f
    /targetlasttarget

Target-Current-Toons-Target (Bind to "1" at EACH Toon):

/stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]
    /target [target=targettarget]

Here are some things to mention:

1. The "/stopmacro" is neccesary because the active Toon will also execute the macro and we don't want him to follow/targettarget his current target
    2. If you want to save characters you can leave out at each toon the Line they are mentioned
    (for toon1 this would be "[mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]")

So to sum it up, whats the benefit/disadvantages of this method compared to the "original" ?

CONS:
    - uses the Target, so it'S not "target-free" (focus an leader remains free)
    - uses only one conceptual "bar/button" for an action (doesn't distinguish between "active" and "non activ"-pressed button/bar) (u could do this with this variant if you like also)
    - two seperate actions for targeting / damaging(healing) are used

PROS:
    - use of modifiers in attack/healing macros is possible cause targeting and damaging are independent
    - "reset=target" in castsequence is possible
    - u can see who the toons are targeting (ok, this is personal choice)
    - doesn't have to use "/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon2]...." in your damage/healing macros, so characters are "freed"
    - only two keys need to be keymapped in keyclone

So I hope I could show another variant of this realy great system, and my poor english didn't make your mind bleed,

OLIPCS
    The only problem I see with this is you need to hit your assist key every time you change a target. Other than that, its a great way of simplifying the method, would be nice not to have to set up new hotstrings for each ability.

Now, if all you want to do is have your clones target the mob so you can see it you can change the damaging macros to something like this:

/assist [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]
    /cast Damage Spell

I changed the /target to /assist and removed the /targetlasttarget. This should leave your clones targetting whoever they're casting on.

The way to use modifiers with the "FTL" system (love the name, I didn't notice that before ), is to treat them like a seperate button. So you'd make seperate hotstrings for them with a new hidden macro.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Wilbur',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107740#post1 07740
    Yes please, Thank you so much Pocalypse & Ðeceased for this. Was a headache at first but totally changes the way I play my shaman now.

Something that has been bothering me and possibly keeping me from fully understanding this, but from the first post with the examples, there is no "#" key, just shift+3 to generate a #, so what key is being used in conjunction with Ctrl, Alt, Shift?
    2 --> LBAT
    Ctrl-alt-# ?missing variable? --> LBBT
    Alt-Shift-# ?missing variable? --> LBCT
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-# ?missing variable? --> LBDT
    Ctrl-# ?missing variable? --> LBET

I understand whay keyclone is doing and what the big mod macro is doing to get it to activate different variations of key presses, but for some reason this step, this piece, is eluding me :S
    Time is the fire in which we burn...

well it depends what keyboard (or better which language)you are using on a german keybard # isn't shift-3 for example...
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 'Leinar',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107945#post1 07945
    Something that has been bothering me and possibly keeping me from fully understanding this, but from the first post with the examples, there is no "#" key, just shift+3 to generate a #, so what key is being used in conjunction with Ctrl, Alt, Shift?
    2 --> LBAT
    Ctrl-alt-# ?missing variable? --> LBBT
    Alt-Shift-# ?missing variable? --> LBCT
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-# ?missing variable? --> LBDT
    Ctrl-# ?missing variable? --> LBET

I understand whay keyclone is doing and what the big mod macro is doing to get it to activate different variations of key presses, but for some reason this step, this piece, is eluding me :S
    On an EU keyboard the # button is on its own to the left of Enter. I didn't know it was shift-3 on a US keyboard at the time, I should probably edit the post to use another example.

Keyclone actually lists it as QUOTE in the hotstrings, not quite sure why .

Ah gotcha, that makes more sense now , was banging my head against the wall trying out the example and not quite getting how keyclone was going to understand say, ctrl+shift+shift+3 and make it look like ctrl+shift+#. I wanted to just try the example out mainly to learn what you were doing, I tend to figure it out better just doing it once through with another's example and then adding my own thought process to it. The idea of different keyboard layouts didn't even enter my mind
    Time is the fire in which we burn...