Close
Page 6 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Showing results 51 to 60 of 396

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ðeceased',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107157#pos t107157
    oh wait.. the idea was to have a cast sequence that didn't reset even if you changed target?

i don't see why using

/castsequence reset=10 Stormstrike, Earth Shock (just as an example)

wouldn't work.. there is no condition set that states it should reset when changing target..

if you did want it to reset then u would replace it with

/castsequence reset=10/target Stormstrike, Earth Shock
    Yeah, looking at it all again, it turns out my problem wasn't so much the castsequence as the /startattack I had left in there when I copied the macro from my Warrior was which interrupting my casting . But then I started running into space issues with the standard macros sizes so Macro Sequence does help with that.
    2box:
    Theals & Tmelts - lvl 65 Disc/Holy and Shadow priests - Kul Tiras
    IcedT & HotTea - lvl 30 Frost and Fire mages - Perenolde
    HerbalTea and Boomtee - lvl 10 Resto and Balance Druids.

Other: 70 Feral Druid, 70 Resto Shammy, 70 frost mage, 70 afflic Lock.
    Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, and Pally in the 50-60 range.

I have alt issues. :thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by 'jettmartinez',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107163 #post107163
    /castsequence reset=10/target Stormstrike, Earth Shock
    Yeah, looking at it all again, it turns out my problem wasn't so much the castsequence as the /startattack I had left in there when I copied the macro from my Warrior was which interrupting my casting . But then I started running into space issues with the standard macros sizes so Macro Sequence does help with that.[/quote]

ah that might explain it ^^ although I've never come across this problem before :S good to know
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

Default Newb to keymaps

I've been trying unsuccessfully to get my shaman keymapped and I need some help. Here's what i've got so far.

On all toons, in my button 1 on the default action bar is this macro (gleaning from what I've read prior):
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Trivaram][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Trivarem][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Trivarom][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Trivarum]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

for my keymaps so far:

Trivarum (key/hotstring):
    1/1
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1

Trivarom:
    1/1
    LCTRL+1/1
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1

Trivarem:
    1/1
    LCTRL+1/1
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1

Trivaram:
    1/1
    LCTRL+1/1
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1
    LCTRL+LALT+1

I've already applied the keymaps to each account, any ideas?
    Trivaram, Trivarem, Trivarom, Trivarum
    4x Horde Shaman - Eldre'Thalas (Reckoning)
    <1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60----------70>

ah well the problem you have there is that you have every key linked to the same hotstring.. basically that means when you press 1 on your first toon. it is now trying to activate all of the other combinations at once.

you have to break it down so that each combination is specific to a hotstring.. ie like so:

ToonA:

(key/hotstring)

1/1A
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonB

LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1A
    1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonC

LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1A
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1B
    1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonD

LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1A
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    1/1D

If you now press 1 on toonA, it will activate LSHIFT+LCTRL+1 on all the others etc
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80

Default Still Inoperable

It is still not working, :huh: . I noticed in your prior post that both toon b and c were sharing lshift+lalt for their keys, not sure if that mattered, and I made a slight alteration to take that into account. I have the macro at the bottom on each toon and when I test on a particular toon, I get a "no target" error. Thank you for your help Deceased, =).

Keymaps:

ToonA:
    1/1A
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonB:
    LCTRL+1/1A
    1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonC:
    LCTRL+1/1A
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1B
    1/1C
    LCTRL+LALT+1/1D

ToonD:
    LCTRL+1/1A
    LSHIFT+LCTRL+1/1B
    LSHIFT+LALT+1/1C
    1/1D

generalized macro's modifiers:
    ToonA - ctrl
    ToonB - shift, ctrl
    ToonC - shift, alt
    ToonD - ctrl, alt

verbose:
    /target [mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Trivarum][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,mod:shift,target=Trivarom][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Trivarem][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Trivaram]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget
    Trivaram, Trivarem, Trivarom, Trivarum
    4x Horde Shaman - Eldre'Thalas (Reckoning)
    <1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60----------70>

Default RE: Still Inoperable

Quote Originally Posted by 'Trivarum',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107472#pos t107472
    It is still not working, :huh: . I noticed in your prior post that both toon b and c were sharing lshift+lalt for their keys, not sure if that mattered, and I made a slight alteration to take that into account. I have the macro at the bottom on each toon and when I test on a particular toon, I get a "no target" error. Thank you for your help Deceased, =).
    :S I couldn't find the bit you were saying.. (which post so i can fix it ^^ )
    the principle behind it is that you stick to a particular modifier combination for each toon, as you rightly suggested

generalized macro's modifiers:
    ToonA - ctrl
    ToonB - shift, ctrl
    ToonC - shift, alt
    ToonD - ctrl, alt

verbose:
    /target [mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Trivarum][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,mod:shift,target=Trivarom][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Trivarem][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Trivaram]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget
    Could i quickly ask about your error message?

do you have this macro bound to "1"?

if so you have to think.. what is your main character receiving?

all your clones are getting the new commands to follow your main.. but your main is getting a strange message from this macro: (highlighted what doesn't apply to him)

/follow
    /targetlasttarget

soo.. he is getting several commands that don't make any sense:

/target
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

:S /target without any condition or predefined route is to the best of my knowledge not doing anything :S
    /follow of course is a command so just for fun, use this macro when you have some random friendly player selected and watch your main follow him :P
    /targetlasttarget again is a command but wont always work (depends if your last target is anywhere to be seen :P)

basically the idea is that for your current main u have the plain spell in the action bar, and the huge macro linked to some other key so that they don't overlap but with this.. hmm

although.....

*brain doing something*

Yes! just had a brainwave

change the macro to this

/stopmacro [nomod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt]
    /follow
    /targetlasttarget

I'm unable to test it out atm, but what that means is, if you simply press this macro without any mods, then your clones receive the modified command but ur current main does nothing as you stopped the macro.

another brain wave ^^

for spells you just need one macro ^^

#showtooltip Lightning Bolt
    /cast [nomod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomodalt,target=target,harm][mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt,target=Trivarum-target,harm][mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,mod:shift,target=Trivarom-target,harm][mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=Trivarem-target,harm][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=Trivaram-target,harm] Lightning Bolt

with that last macro just plonk it into your 1 slot and it should work.. word of warning tho! if you use this, you wont be able to use ur shift+?? keys etc.. as all the modifiers are tied into 1..

that was the original idea behind putting the modified stuff to an unbound key, (as Pocalypse rightly suggested at the beginning)

so 1 would be keymapped to a modified #
    shift 1 could be bound to a modified ]
    etc

but if you use a macro like this and link it only to itself it can mean the loss of modifier use ie:

If 1 is bound to the above macro.. then

ctrl 1
    shift, ctrl 1
    shift, alt 1
    ctrl, alt 1

are no longer available for use..

so to use shift1 you have to bind the macro to another key (say "#")
    and then for alt1.. "]" for instance

Hi,

/follow
    /targetlasttarget

works. (I'm also using it in my follow macro)

btw. in that case a simple

/stopmacro [nomod]

also works, if u are running out of character-spaces....
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by 'OLIPCS',index.php?page=Thread&postID=107637#post1 07637
    Hi,

/follow
    /targetlasttarget

works. (I'm also using it in my follow macro)

btw. in that case a simple

/stopmacro [nomod]

also works, if u are running out of character-spaces....
    /facepalm.... am thinking too complicatedly

what he said

First of all:

a BIG thank you (@Pocalypse & Ðeceased) for this wonderful system!

I admit I understand the benefits of an focusless, targetless and leaderless system (yah a ftl-system ), but for me the "targetless" is not realy needed and I personaly like to see whom my toons are targeting.
    So I changed your setup a little bit, to better suit my playstyle.
    Another benefit of this is, that I can use modifiers in my Attack-Macros, which is currently not so easily possible in your system (I think).

Here a "short" discription:

In my setup, the default target of all toons will be the target who should be damaged.

Basicly i have only 2 buttons where your "ftl-system" is used. My follow-button("^") and my Target-Current-Toons-Target-Button ("1").

This buttons are setup like yours (yeah i'm lazy) with the diffrence that I'm not using seperate Key-Bindings for active-toon-actions and following-toon-actions, like you do with using "2" for active-toons-actions and "#" for following-toon-action. I would simple use "2" for both.

So to get an Example my binding for "1" in keyclone looks like:

1 --> tt1
    Ctrl-alt-1 --> tt2
    Alt-Shift-1 --> tt3
    Ctrl-Alt-Shift-1 --> tt4
    Ctrl-1 --> tt5

(ttX = target-toonX-target)

to complete the setup, now the macros I use for follow and targeting:

Follow (bind to "^" at EACH toon):

/stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon2]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=toon3]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=toon4]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon5]
    /f
    /targetlasttarget

Target-Current-Toons-Target (Bind to "1" at EACH Toon):

/stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon2]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=toon3]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=toon4]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon5]
    /target [target=targettarget]

Here are some things to mention:

1. The "/stopmacro" is neccesary because the active Toon will also execute the macro and we don't want him to follow/targettarget his current target
    2. If you want to save characters you can leave out at each toon the Line they are mentioned
    (for toon1 this would be "[mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1]")

So to sum it up, whats the benefit/disadvantages of this method compared to the "original" ?

CONS:
    - uses the Target, so it'S not "target-free" (focus an leader remains free)
    - uses only one conceptual "bar/button" for an action (doesn't distinguish between "active" and "non activ"-pressed button/bar) (u could do this with this variant if you like also)
    - two seperate actions for targeting / damaging(healing) are used

PROS:
    - use of modifiers in attack/healing macros is possible cause targeting and damaging are independent
    - "reset=target" in castsequence is possible
    - u can see who the toons are targeting (ok, this is personal choice)
    - doesn't have to use "/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=toon1][mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=toon2]...." in your damage/healing macros, so characters are "freed"
    - only two keys need to be keymapped in keyclone

So I hope I could show another variant of this realy great system, and my poor english didn't make your mind bleed,

OLIPCS
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Just so I understand since I've never been very marco driven before...

When you guys bind something to # or ^ or whatever, you place it on a bar first? I.e. Bar6 slot 1 (lower left spot 1) and then point the keybinding in the interface to there?

I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
    Stormreaver, Horde

1 Druid - 4 Shamans
    1 Pally - 4 locks