Close
Page 38 of 40 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Showing results 371 to 380 of 396

Unless something has changed recently, right/left alt and right/left ctrl do not work correctly in keyclone. If I remember correctly, it had trouble sending right modifiers across machines, and converts them to left ones even on the same machine.

Try switching your keymaps from right modifiers to left modifiers.

Based on what you said and examples you gave, the problem isn't in wow, so it has to be that keyclone isn't sending the correct keys. However, apart from using right modifiers, I can't see anything else wrong with your keymaps.

Default Pulling my hair trying to learn FL setup for PVE

I've spent a couple of days trying to get FTL working on my three computers. Using one example in "very" long sticky I was finally able to get a dual box setup working using FTL.

I believe I'm going to stick with a very simple FL setup though in order to do PVE content and to minimize the work on swaps and subs.

However, I cannot figure how to just do a simple five man FL setup. There are so many setups that people are talking about, trying, etc. in the sticky and the old links are still referenced so I cannot find a simple example of such a setup. I can't figure out the matching of the Modifier key to use and the appropriate macro to pick up the modifers.

Five toons, ToonA, ToonB, ToonC, ToonD, ToonE.

For follow I'm using the "-" (minus) key.
    On computer one, I'm using:

- -> follow.toonA
    LALT - -> follow.toonB

On computer two, I'm using:
    - -> follow.toonB
    LCTRL - -> follow.toonA

On both computers, mapped to a macro with the "-" key assigned to it, I've got the following macro:

/target [mod:ctrl,nomod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonB] [nomod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonA]

It works great, but I just don't know how to expand it out to control five characters. I think if I can just get the follow setup down, I'll be able to do the Assist. Can anyone please assist?

And BTW, you guys that figured all this out must be some kind of damn genius' or something. I'm just a hardware guy. I think if I can't figure this out, I'm just gonna fork out a billion bucks to upgrade a single machine to a computing monster in order to use an ISOBoxer setup.
    Last edited by Boxor : 11-20-2009 at 07:20 PM

You have the right idea, you just need to expand it to work with 5 toons instead of 2.

First, before I explain how to do that, I would highly recommend (since I got frustrated and had to redo all of my things and discovered it's much easier to do this off the bat) using RCTRL and RALT instead of LCTRL and LALT, and then differentiate between left and right modifiers in macros. This will let you use left ctrl/alt/shift for modifiers in macros (for instance, LALT+3 casts Cone of Cold and just 3 casts Arcane Explosion on my mages). You'll run out of keys in a hurry without modifier keys available.

Now! First, for 5 characters, you need to assign a modifier key (or a unique combination of them) to each toon. For me, I used:

Toon 1: RALT
    Toon 2: RCTRL
    Toon 3: RSHIFT
    Toon 4: RALT + RCTRL
    Toon 5: RCTRL + RSHIFT

You also still have RALT+RSHIFT and RALT + RSHIFT + RCTRL available. If you plan on using more than 7 toons, you *can* use the left modifiers as well, but as mentioned above, I'd recommend against it.

Setup all of these keys as you did with your follow.toonA and follow.toonB hotkeys you mentioned in your post, you had these right.

Now, setup two macros (I use the Jamba addon which, using the FTL assist tool, makes these for me, but you can do it manually), one for targeting the current leader and one for assisting. Don't forget to replace Toon1, Toon2, etc. with the toon names!

Target:
    /target [mod:ralt,nomod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon1; [nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift,mod:rctrl] Toon2; [nomod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon3; [mod:ralt,nomod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon4; [nomod:ralt,mod:rshift,mod:rctrl] Toon5

Assist:
    /assist [mod:ralt,nomod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon1; [nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift,mod:rctrl] Toon2; [nomod:ralt,mod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon3; [mod:ralt,nomod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Toon4; [nomod:ralt,mod:rshift,mod:rctrl] Toon5

Put these in the same spot on the action bar on all the toons. Preferrably on one of the action bars off to the side, that you don't have keys bound to, like the right action bar.

Now that all the toons have those macros on a spot on an action bar, setup this macro on your MAIN toon and temporarily bind it to a key:

/run ChatFrame1:AddMessage(GetMouseFocus():GetName())

Move your mouse over your newly created Target button on the action bar and use the macro you just added. It should output the name of the button into your chat frame. Do the same for your Assist button. Write these names down.

Now you can setup your actual DPS and support buttons! Here's some sample macros. Remember to replace "TargetButton" and "AssistButton" with the names of the button you found just a second ago:

FOLLOW MACRO:
    /click TargetButton
    /follow

LIGHTNING BOLT MACRO:
    /click AssistButton
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt

PULL MACRO (This will only be cast by the current leader as he's the only one that will have no modifiers passed in):
    /cast [harm,nomod:ralt,nomod:rshift,nomod:rctrl] Avenger's Shield

FADE MACRO (This will be used by all toons other than the current leader, since they will have a mod passed in):
    /cast [mod:ralt] [mod:rshift] [mod:rctrl] Fade

Hopefully that helped. With any luck, that should get you well on your way. Feel free to ask if you have any more questions!

I'd also highly recommend downloading Jamba. It makes all of this, including managing macros on multiple toons, incredibly easy. Follow strobing is a godsend!
    Last edited by TheFallenOne : 11-20-2009 at 08:39 PM Reason: Adding recommendation to download Jamba

Thank you very much! I'll start working this and see if I can make it happen.

Screw it. I just cannot get this shit to work. I just cannot adequately describe the amount of frustration I have from trying to get this to work.

I'm not an idiot. I have years of experience in the Army working with "systems." Electronics, hydraulics, computers... it's not all that hard really when you have "GOOD" documentation. By good documentation I mean schematics, flow processes, etc. to explain to technicians how things work.

The engineers that made the Air Defense systems that I worked on were really good. They used tons of technology to make these fine tools of war. Heat sensing and/or radar guided shit to blow up planes to deal out death and chaos for the enemy. The engineers were genius', but it all comes down to the guy out in the field to fix it when it breaks. To do that the Army gives the technicians great tools such as the aforementioned schematics, flow processes, etc.

The problem I have with this setup is that there is hardly any documentation for Keyclone. Granted, there are whole sections of this website dedicated to Keyclone, but the bulk of it is not from Rob, the author, it's from other guys like Rob (whom I equate to code guys or an engineer) that have the same type of background as Rob and can figure this shit out.

I get macros. There are tons of web pages out there that go into crazy detail about how macros work. (As a side note, there are many that are based on older versions of WoW that are no longer applicable and so are no longer pertinent and thus more frustrating) I get simple mindless passing of keys, white list, black list, strict, etc...

What I don't get is about the other 85% of Keyclone's capabilities. To me, this is a damn shame because it's obvious that several users have figured out the other stuff... You guys are the engineers... the code guys. You are not the end users like me and probably 99% of the other users.

Because of that, I believe that we 99% of the users will eventually give up on the more complex side of WoW multi-boxing. PVE instances require a lot of shit. I don't believe anyone doubts that. I believe the FTL setup is that key requirement. Why? Because I've done enough raiding with a solo toon to know that the use of the FOCUS system is a critical component. As a warlock in many raids, I had to use focus for banishing targets quickly without having to do a bunch of re-targeting to keep up required dps. So we must have a focus-less setup in order to have slaves use focus.

Now, in all truth (for those naysayers who will always troll the forums to share their negativity) you don't have to have a FTL setup to run an instance because you can write all your macros and do all your shit using a tank as your main means of control. Always have the DPS assisting the mains while you use focus as needed for CC. This is what I've been doing with a lot of success. However, it's the transition between raiding with the need for a FTL system and normal questing on the outside not requiring a FTL system. A simple focus system is great for just mindlessly running around killing mobs and doing collection quests. I don't do PvP or Arena PvP to know what is needed most for those systems (nor do I care) but I'm sure it's one of the two aforementioned setups or yet another variant.

When I got out of the Army I worked with a Web Based type search engine used in the Army to help located needed parts to help expedite repairing equipment. It was great, the soldiers loved it. One of my main functions in the job was to work as the middle man between the programmers (mostly oracle guys) and the end users. I had to help the end users understand the program for them to best be able to use it's advanced capabilities (think macros and stuff like that) but also to help the programmers add such capabilities based on the end users needs. Programmers understand programming and end users understood maintenance and supply methods used by the Army. Both had to follow the rules of the other. When needed, I wrote the documentation for the end users and technicians to be able to understand the more complex capabilities.

To be good in that job, I had two things, documentation and direct access to the programmers at any given time. I could read about processes and when needed, call somebody up and talk about it more.

Those resources don't exist in this Multi-Boxing world. These forums supply a little of that, but it's not the same... These pages are full of old information based on previous versions, questions from users, advice from users and now and then those golden nuggets of information from guys like Pocalypse and Deceased who help other users figure out stuff.

So whose the loser in all of this? Well me and the other 99% of the users who can't figure the shit out. But more importantly, Keyclone and other great programs to help the sport are the losers. To site some examples... JAMBA and ISBoxer.

You guys that write these programs... you are fucking genius' when it comes to code. I give you Kudo's to the n'th degree on your ability to write code that meshes with WoW. Lord knows I bet you didn't have a lot of good guides when it came to figuring out the intricacies of WoW. But you can't write documentation for you own programs for shit.

ISBoxer works great on a single machine. If you're running a single machine, you are good to go. If you run ISBoxer on multiple machines, it takes a code guru to figure it out. Yeah, I've been pointed to the website that supposedly lays this all out for you... more forums stuff... no real documentation.

JAMBA. Great damn program... but again, 90% of the capabilites will never be used because they aren't documented enough. The guy that writes JAMBA at least provides his work for free so I can't bitch at all. If it's free and if I can't figure it out... Hey, that's on me. I'd pay you for it if you had better documentation. lol

I (personally) believe in paying for a good thing. When I first started multiboxing, I paid for KAVOOM to use as a software KVM for multiple systems. I now use Input Director which is free, but I sent the guy who wrote it 25 bucks because I love it. I'd like to send him a 100 bucks because I think it's worth it, but I'm being cheap so I can buy more hardware.

So to get to the end of this massive post... What the hell is this guy raving at? I wish there was better documentation for Keyclone and other programs used by multi-boxers. It would be so good.

/end rant

Thank you to all of you who take the time to share your experience and tips to the rest of the world. I love you all. It's now time for me to go do something else for a while. I have to go on poop patrol in my backyard for my three dogs and then I'm going to work on my dirt bike a little and go riding with some friends. Please excuse any grammatical errors I might have made as I was in mindless rage during the writing of this post and I am not going to read it again to make sure it's correct.

Blog Entries

I'd put myself in a similar category, I'm smarter then most people I know, at least at things like mathematics, memory, english, spelling etc. (still do lots of typo's)..

I can follow quite a bit of the keymap/hotstrings for the FTL, but could not quite get it to work. It got a bit frustrating, so I eventually decided on the no focus manifesto, because that's basically macros entirely, which are easy to follow and adapt.

One of the big selling points for IS Boxer was automatic FTL. Just check some boxes during set up, which use modifiers on three premade keymaps. You can freely use all the modifiers you want in all other macros, without interfering with the FTL.

Having used FTL from ISB, its definitely worth having.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

If im in chat you need help with FTL hit me up, ive used it on both Keyclone and IS.

I actualy have a keyclone FTL setup for shamans in my signature that you can follow along with to.
    Orbzz, Orbzm, Orbzem,Iceorbs SHM - Lvl 80 Hyjal PvE
    Örbz, Örbs, Õrbz & Õrbs 80 Ret Paladin Team Hyjal

Shaman FTL Setup -
    http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23141

Hey,

When ya can't figure out, throw more money at it.

Last night I ordered my new i7/i5 mobo with an i5 processor and 8 gigs of ram along with two new video cards for my first ever SLI setup. I agree that ISBoxer is very easy to setup the FTL configuration. I kind of hate to lose my five monitor setup, but if that's what it takes.

What surprises is me though is that no one offers a service to help people out with stuff like this. I get Spugnort emails every Tuesday telling about upcoming changes and stuff. They're always pushing their leveling guides or PvP guides, or Instance guides. Somebody should throw in with a group like that and sell a service to help setup MB configurations.

The user sends in the names of all his toons, the computer configuration that he/she uses and they write all the configuration stuff needed to make it work. Hell, I'd spend 30 or 40 bucks for something like that. After a few customers, they'd have enough templates to where they could probably knock one out in quick order.

Boxor

Hi Boxor,

first of all, sorry, that you couldn't get it working.
    If you look into this thread, you can see, that in the beginning of the FTL I realy tryed to help people get it running, but although the first implementation of an FTL was for keyclone, it is not the easiest to setup for an ftl, because of how you have to setup the hotkeys.

Although I know, that reading the long thread, and getting the right informations, is not easy, because, when this thread was posted, it wasn't ment as a guide but as an idea/first implementation of a 'new' targeting system, and from this thread the idea evolved and was shaped...

.. this was one of the reasons, why i tryed to compile some informations about the FTL in the Wiki (see my sig), so that it is easier to find. I know the thread is not realy well structured, a little outdatet and needs an revision, but you need to cut some slack here, since this is not my day-to-day-job.

I admit, that I myself at sometime didn'T supported using keyclone for an ftl, which was, because I transitioned to HKN. This was because of two reasons:

- I realy didn't liked how you nedd to setup hotstrings in keyclone (It was a mess to do it, and a real mess, if to help people with)
    - Keyclone didn't support ralt,rctrl,rshift-correctly

So my focus went from keyclone to HKN so I began to implement FTL-Templates for HKN, which normaly simply get copied. I think the Templates work quite good, and that they are quite a good start for ftl-beginners.

With that, for myself I lay the basic to support an FTL on the software-front, because with the combination of:

- HKN beeing free
    - Templates which mostly can be copied
    - Simple bebugging/helping, because of HKN beeing a Script-Language, so that everybody can simple show their script to get support
    - A HKN general guide

..a foundation was there to get an FTL working quick and helping other easy.

What was missing was an ingame macro-button-support. To help with the macortrouble.

This I added with the JambaFTL-Modul, so that creating an assist and Follow-Button is realy easy, and reacting on Team-Changing is simple.

So honestly, when I see what you realy want:

So to get to the end of this massive post... What the hell is this guy raving at? I wish there was better documentation for Keyclone and other programs used by multi-boxers. It would be so good.
    I can see your point, and I might say, that keyclone could be better documented (especialy for ftl) and that better documentations would be nice, but since my favorite solution of HKN + Jamba is both free (and IS probably don't need more docu since ftl is quite simple in it), I absolutly cut Jafula an Freddie some slack, since they already put quite a lot of time in projects, where they have no real monetary gain.

And for myself, which I would consider as someone who nows a little about FTL, I tried to do some good for the community by:

- Writting the FTL wiki entry (http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...aderless_Setup )
    - Helping setting up an FTL (in the beginning with keyclone, now with HKN)
    - Writing HKN-FTL-Templates ( http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=17555 )
    - Writing the JambaFTL-Module ( http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=23377 )
    (Writting the general HKN-Guide: http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=16177 )

So honestly, all of this was quite time consuming and I did it mostly because I wanted to give something back to a community which gave me alot of information, give something back to Freddie for HKN and do something nice for JAMBA.

And to get to one of your points:
    To be good in that job, I had two things, documentation and direct access to the programmers at any given time. I could read about processes and when needed, call somebody up and talk about it more.
    For me its like this:
    - Yes for keyclone there might be a gap of documentation, but for HKN and IS I think there realy is enough on this board
    - When it comes to 'talking to the programmers' - All of them are frequently on this board, and can be contacted per PM or Chat, so I see no point here.

And to get this to the end:
    I personaly think, that I kept quite a good balance of taking-and-giving.

And to try to help you:
    If you have problems with an FTL, feel free to ask me any question.
    Last edited by olipcs : 11-23-2009 at 06:09 AM
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Oplics,

You are one of those that I say thank you to for taking your time and trying to help others. It really is the whole lack of documentation thing that bothers me. Maybe you should offer a MB setup service like I mentioned in another post. Make some money and help people out.

And I also greatly appreciate the time that all of the other modders take to provide great addons like Jamba.

Boxor