Close
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Showing results 121 to 130 of 396

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ken',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118425#post1184 25
    I posted these issues elsewhere, but I think I should mention them here too. There are quite a few drawbacks to using this setup:

- You can't use modifiers for combining spells underneath one button:
    Because these modifiers are used already (thus you get less buttons available that you can use for other class types in your group). For example: You can't make a macro that has Lightning Bolt underneath a button that fires a Chain Lightning if you press shift together with that button.
    - Your group is not flexible anymore:
    You can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.

This is especially a problem as you need a macro for each spell, as you can't use the modifiers for putting multiple spells in 1 macro.
    soz been away a little but thought i'd reply

that's not entirely true, initially the setup described above is as you rightly stated somewhat inflexible. It requires one macro per key (including it's modifiers) and thus prevents you from using other modifiers. To clarify though, the method shown above was only intended to shorten the setup time drastically. If you follow the link to where i originally described the system, I wrote it out macro per macro, rather then combining all the modifiers into one. this allows you to cross link as many macros as you can think of although it gets way to complicated unless you systematically write down everything you do

as for interchanging characters it becomes a doddle when you are not restricted to 255 characters or 24is macros..

I don't usually quote myself, but this might be able to explain what i mean.. (highlighted in red is where you can add your other teams)

i am using trinity bars 2 because my setup is going to be taking up close to 100 macros per character >.<

I'll quickly explain how it works for 5

Open up only one of your characters
    as before start by placing the spell from the spell book in the keybind on your action bar.. I'll use LB again as an example in "1"

so 1 = a simpleLB

now open up the trinity bars thing and make a few hidden macros you'll need 5 per spell (ie 5 toons)

the 1st macro:
    /target [target=MrA1,exists][target=MrA2,exists][target=MrA3,exists][target=MrA4,exists][target=MrA5,exists]
    /assist
    /cast [harm,nodead] Lightning Bolt

2nd
    /target [target=MrB1,exists][target=MrB2,exists][target=MrB3,exists][target=MrB4,exists][target=MrB5,exists]

3rd
    /target [target=MrC1,exists][target=MrC2,exists][target=MrC3,exists][target=MrC4,exists][target=MrC,exists]

4th
    /target [target=MrD1,exists][target=MrD2,exists][target=MrD3,exists][target=MrD4,exists][target=MrD5,exists]

5th
    /target [target=MrE1,exists][target=MrE2,exists][target=MrE3,exists][target=MrE4,exists][target=MrE5,exists]

then keybind them

so ur using "1" for that spell right? I suggest you bind them as follows.

1st : alt+1 (unless you already use alt+1)
    2nd : ctrl+shift+1
    3rd : shift+alt+1
    4th : ctrl+shift+alt+1
    5th : ctrl+alt+1

(replace 1 with 2 if you are moving along and do the same for different spells )

now you have to make 5 keymap files and this is where it will get a little confusing

MrA:
    1 --> LBAT
    ctrl+shift+1 --> LBBT
    shift+alt+1 --> LBCT
    ctrl+shift+alt+1 --> LBDT
    ctrl+alt+1 --> LBET

MrB:
    alt+1 --> LBAT
    1 --> LBBT
    shift+alt+1 --> LBCT
    ctrl+alt+1 --> LBET

MrC:
    alt+1 --> LBAT
    ctrl+shift+1 --> LBBT
    1 --> LBCT
    ctrl+alt+1 --> LBET

MrD:
    alt+1 --> LBAT
    ctrl+shift+1 --> LBBT
    shift+alt+1 --> LBCT
    1 --> LBDT
    ctrl+alt+1 --> LBET

MrE:
    alt+1 --> LBAT
    ctrl+shift+1 --> LBBT
    shift+alt+1 --> LBCT
    1 --> LBET
    now here the advantage is that you leave a few modifiers open for each key, and also you can now quite quickly change the spells for each different class.. the downside is though.. that you are looking at a lot of macros (although it seems that WotLK will indeed support more and longer macros through addons) and it will take longer, and be more complicated to fix if anything goes wrong :S

you are now able, for instance, to use Ctrl+1 or shift+1, under the condition you have enough other keys+modifiers available to you.

hope that answered some of your concerns

Ð

PS: I wasn't quite sure what you meant with

- For casting with anything but the standard toon you have to constantly press at least 1 or 2 modifiers:
    This is highly annoying and makes casting slower and makes less buttons available for you to bind to an action, simply because you can't reach them with one hand in combination with pressing one or more modifiers.
    i'm not entirely sure what you mean here, but that shouldn't be the case.
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

This setup works fine you can grab another person and go... if you play a 5th toon yourself then you just have to have a keymap for them, and edit the assist macros. I use bindpad so my macros can be 34573495345 characters long.

Can this method do multiple actions in a single macro?

I seem to have my keybinds and hotstrings working but this one macro will only do the chain lighting aspect. Any thoughts?

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Moeh] [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,target=Eeny] [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,target=Meenyy] [mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Miiny]
    /cast Elemental Mastery
    /cast Nature's Swiftness
    /cast [target=targettarget] Chain Lightning
    Eeny, Meenyy, Miiny, Moeh - Level 72 Shammy Goodness - Alliance - Azgalor - PvP
    Elviraa, Ellvira, Elvvira, Elvirra - Level 23 and climbing Priestly Evilness - Horde - Andorhal - PvP

I have run into that problem too, I just basically set up a new key that I hit before hitting my CL key. If someone gets it to work within the macro that would be great!
    Mains Shamans: Shamun, Shamdeux, Shamtrois
    1........10.........20.........30.........40...... ...50.........60.........70
    Alts Mages(21): Mageun, Magedeux, Magetrois, Krystia(Priest)

Jayded have you tried putting the casts on one line?

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Moeh] [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,target=Eeny] [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,target=Meenyy] [mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Miiny]
    /cast Elemental Mastery, Nature's Swiftness, [target=targettarget] Chain Lightning
    /y Fuck that's gotta hurt.
    [align=center]Jamien - 70 Rogue
    Aphrim - 70 Priest
    Zapcowone-four - 70 Shaman
    Niian - 65 Paladin
    [/align]

Did a 'little' wikiing:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/wiki/inde...aderless_Setup

if anybody want to add/change something, or give it a better looking (now its a massive wall of text , and damn ugly, but hey, its a start..), or correct my bad english skills feel free to do so...
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Awesome, looks like you put a lot of work into it, thanks.

I'll have a look to see if I can add anything.

One thing I dont understand. Why show the order with the "2" moving down a step with each toon if Keyclone is just going to reorder it alphabetically? Bother examples below will have the " ‘2’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonA.target’" line on top once you save and open it again. Unless i didnt notice a way to stop this.

Key-Map for ToonA:
    ‘2’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonA.target’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonB.target’
    ‘Alt + Shift + i’---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonC.target’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + Shift + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonD.target’
    ‘Ctrl + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonE.target’
    Key-Map for ToonB:
    ‘Ctrl + Shift + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonA.target’
    ‘2’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonB.target’
    ‘Alt + Shift + i’---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonC.target’
    ‘Ctrl + Alt + Shift + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonD.target’
    ‘Ctrl + i’ ---> ‘lightningbold.on.ToonE.target’
    Elviraa, Ellvira, Elvvira, Elvirra - Level 23 and climbing Priestly Evilness - Horde - Andorhal - PvP

jeah, in keyclone it will be alphabetical, the reason it was shown with the 'rotating' 2 was only to better grasp the concept that only one hotstring (the one which would identify the toon the keymap belongs to) has to be changed, not all five.
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Thanks OLIPCS. The reason I ask is I can't get this to work perfectly no matter how many different methods Ive tried. Like I will hit LB in each window and it works for 3 toons but the 4th will only cast himself. I am about to start from scratch yet again and see how it goes.