Close
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Showing results 111 to 120 of 396

Any idea's for a spread out macro with this setup? Seeing as the leader is dynamic, I am having trouble conceptualizing a way to have the slaves move correctly.
    Jep. Simple use hotstrings for your formations

Example for 3 toons:

- On all toons "move left" is bound to a key and "move right" ist bound to a key, for my example this will be the left arrow key(LEFT) and the right arrow key(Right).
    - you need a key for your formation, in my example it will be 'f'

To do a simple line, where one of the followers moves right, the other moves left, do the follwoing hotstrings in keyclone on each toons keymap:

ToonA:
    f -> line.master.a
    LEFT -> line.master.b
    RIGHT -> line.master.c
    ToonB:
    LEFT -> line.master.a
    f -> line.master.b
    Shift+LEFT -> line.master.c

ToonC:
    RIGHT -> line.master.a
    Shift + RIGHT -> line.master.b
    f -> line.master.c

This does the following:
    If toonA is the 'leader', toonB moves left, toonC moves right
    If toonB is the 'leader', toonA moves left, toonC moves right
    If toonC is the 'leader', toonB moves left, toonA moves right

hope, this demonstrates the concept, if you have further questions, feel free to ask
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

OK this setup has me wanting to kill puppies. I had it working yesterday, first I got LB to work on everyone no matter who was leader and then I finally after much work got follow to work. Today I come back and only follow works. Only my main can force all slaves to kill stuff. Anyone else I try just stands there. However follow still works on everyone. Now why would follow work and LB not work when I copy/pasted the targetting lines from follow to LB?? God I'm so mad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Multibocks',index.php?page=Thread&postID=117884#p ost117884
    OK this setup has me wanting to kill puppies. I had it working yesterday, first I got LB to work on everyone no matter who was leader and then I finally after much work got follow to work. Today I come back and only follow works. Only my main can force all slaves to kill stuff. Anyone else I try just stands there. However follow still works on everyone. Now why would follow work and LB not work when I copy/pasted the targetting lines from follow to LB?? God I'm so mad right now.

I'am pretty sure that the problem that you are having is keyset related - it sounds like you simply are loading incorrect keysets for your clones.

Solution - start your clone windows through "command" feature of Keyclone, hence load same (correct) keysets on them.
    non est innocentia, solum sunt noxiae gradus

Ok, I love this stuff now that OLIPCS pointed me in the right direction.
    I just got a 5-box spread out working and wanted to share it.

This requires 2 key presses, 1 to spread out the 4 slaves, and 1 to move two of them forward to get an X formation.

For in game binds on all accounts (Esc -> Key Bindings) I set:
    Move Forward = W and ALT+UP Arrow
    Strafe Left = Q and ALT+Q
    Strafe Right = E and ALT+E

My Keyclone Do-Not-Pass list contains Q, E and W (I only want those to work on the current "main")

Now, add the following to each toons keymaps:

Toon1:
    DOWN => down.1
    Q => down.2
    E => down.3
    Alt+E => down.4
    Alt+Q => down.5
    UP => up.1
    Alt+UP => up.2
    W => up.3

Toon2:
    Alt+Q => down.1
    DOWN => down.2
    Q => down.3
    E => down.4
    Alt+E => down.5
    UP => up.2
    Alt+UP => up.3
    W => up.4

Toon3:
    Alt+E => down.1
    Alt+Q => down.2
    DOWN => down.3
    Q => down.4
    E => down.5
    UP => up.3
    Alt+UP => up.4
    W => up.5

Toon4:
    E => down.1
    Alt+E => down.2
    Alt+Q => down.3
    DOWN => down.4
    Q => down.5
    UP => up.4
    Alt+UP => up.5
    W => up.1

Toon5:
    Q => down.1
    E => down.2
    Alt+E => down.3
    Alt+Q => down.4
    DOWN => down.5
    UP => up.5
    Alt+UP => up.1
    W => up.2

After I entered and saved all those, I removed the keymap, and then loaded it again to make the changes take affect.

Now, I can change leaders, follow, assist and spread out with this method. Hope this helps someone or gives someone another idea!
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

After mucho work I found the problem. Keyclone has the keys [ and ] backwards. Yep, keyclone calls [ right bracket and ] left bracket. How did that happen?

I noticed that too, but figured since it's only used internally for Keyclone, it really doesn't matter. He could name "[" "OMGtehbracket!" and it would still translate the same...as long as there was only 1.
    Everquest II - <Pain for Glory> on Nektulos Server
    (Shadowknight: Uhmono| Inquisitor: Blyssia | Warden: Wysh | Defiler: Gahealju | Troubador: Moxia | Warlock: Phyrloc) X 51
    (Guardian: Tukilu | Templar: Ajechu | Warden: Fayanna | Conjuror: Akaesia | Troubador: Lollah | Warlock: Onona) X 27-ish[/align]

I posted these issues elsewhere, but I think I should mention them here too. There are quite a few drawbacks to using this setup:

[s]- You get less macro space for the actual casting:
    To overcome this you you can install an addon that makes macro space unlimited but which might not work anymore once the macros become server-side in WOTLK.[/s] [edit] solved by a /click macro
    - You can't use modifiers for combining spells underneath one button:
    Because these modifiers are used already (thus you get less buttons available that you can use for other class types in your group). For example: You can't make a macro that has Lightning Bolt underneath a button that fires a Chain Lightning if you press shift together with that button.
    - Your group is not flexible anymore:
    You can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.
    - For casting with anything but the standard toon you have to constantly press at least 1 or 2 modifiers:
    This is highly annoying and makes casting slower and makes less buttons available for you to bind to an action, simply because you can't reach them with one hand in combination with pressing one or more modifiers.
    This is especially a problem as you need a macro for each spell, as you can't use the modifiers for putting multiple spells in 1 macro.

...copy my reply from the other thread, so that we can discuss it here, where its more appropriat:
    I highly recommend to not use that setup because:
    - You get less macro space for the actual casting. To overcome this you you can install an addon that makes macro space unlimited but which might not work anymore once the macros become server-side in WOTLK.
    - In the basic setup, true.
    But there are some tricks to you need much less macro spaces, f.e. :
    - use of a standard button the long "/target [mod:alt,nomod:shift....." line lies on, and simply using a /click Actionbutton... instead
    - use the little bit tweaked version, which isn't targetless, but also leaderless and focusless (and in my opinion better suited for a pve-setup)
    Focusless, targetless, 'leaderless' setup.

You can't use modifiers for combining spells underneath one button because these modifiers are used already (thus you get less buttons available that you can use for other class types in your group).
    - not entirely true, you can use modifiers even with the normal ftl-setup by simply defininf another keybinding/keymap for the version with the modifier.
    If you again used the only leaderless/targetless setup i mentioned you can een use keybindings like you would do now

Your group is not flexible anymore, you can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.
    True, but this the only thing you have to change is the assist-macro, and if you use this with the /click.. like i mentioned before its only one macro you need to change. Additionaly also in a normal focus-based approach you need to change at least one macro, if you are not using party1 and so on...
    ..and if you are using party1, what do you do in groups, where you are not the groupleader, or even not all in one group?

For casting with anything but the standard toon you have to constantly press at least 1 or 2 modifiers, which is highly annoying and makes casting slower (because you can 't move your fingers around as flexible as you should be able to). This also limits the keypresses you can reach because you have to press the modifiers constantly, thus you have less buttons available to cast with. This is especially a problem as you need a macro for each spell, as you can't use the modifiers for putting multiple spells in 1 macro.
    - here i honestly don't know what you are meaning, you are aware, that you never ever have to press the wired combinations you use in the macros, like alt+shift+2 for Lightning Bold ? -you simply press '2' and the keymaps translate it to the 'alt+shift+2' part...
    OLIPCS - ordinary life is pretty complex stuff
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Pala, Priest, Druid, Hunter, Mage
    Focusless Targetless Leaderless - Wiki
    HotKeyNet - Guide

Quote Originally Posted by OLIPCS',index.php?page=Thread&postID=118431#post11 8431]...copy my reply:
    [quote] I highly recommend to not use that setup because:
    - You get less macro space for the actual casting. To overcome this you you can install an addon that makes macro space unlimited but which might not work anymore once the macros become server-side in WOTLK.
    [/quote]- In the basic setup, true.
    But there are some tricks to you need much less macro spaces, f.e. :
    - use of a standard button the long "/target [mod:alt,nomod:shift....." line lies on, and simply using a /click Actionbutton... instead
    - use the little bit tweaked version, which isn't targetless, but also leaderless and focusless (and in my opinion better suited for a pve-setup)
    [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=107654#post107654
    Focusless, targetless, 'leaderless' setup.[/url]
    The /click is the best option indeed, I just found out right after posting.

You can't use modifiers for combining spells underneath one button because these modifiers are used already (thus you get less buttons available that you can use for other class types in your group).
    - not entirely true, you can use modifiers even with the normal ftl-setup by simply defininf another keybinding/keymap for the version with the modifier.
    If you again used the only leaderless/targetless setup i mentioned you can een use keybindings like you would do now

Your group is not flexible anymore, you can't just put any character in your team and have a go with that same team, because the names of your party members are hardcoded in your macros.
    True, but this the only thing you have to change is the assist-macro, and if you use this with the /click.. like i mentioned before its only one macro you need to change. Additionaly also in a normal focus-based approach you need to change at least one macro, if you are not using party1 and so on...
    ..and if you are using party1, what do you do in groups, where you are not the groupleader, or even not all in one group?
    True.
    I don't use party1 by the way :)

For casting with anything but the standard toon you have to constantly press at least 1 or 2 modifiers, which is highly annoying and makes casting slower (because you can 't move your fingers around as flexible as you should be able to). This also limits the keypresses you can reach because you have to press the modifiers constantly, thus you have less buttons available to cast with. This is especially a problem as you need a macro for each spell, as you can't use the modifiers for putting multiple spells in 1 macro.
    - here i honestly don't know what you are meaning, you are aware, that you never ever have to press the wired combinations you use in the macros, like alt+shift+2 for Lightning Bold ? -you simply press '2' and the keymaps translate it to the 'alt+shift+2' part...
    I didnt know the keymap was client-base, I thought it was a global one. That solves my last issue with this setup then :thumbsup:
    I'll definitely consider it now :) (because I want to free up my focus for other uses like healing or CC)

I use a slightly personalised version of this now and it works like a charm, it's absolutely fantastic!

Much thanks for the ones that came up with this!
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem