Close
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 110 of 396

If you want to save your keyclone settings, I suggest just copying the entire keyclone folder in program files, and you can run your old one from the copy whenever you want.

I need an understanding of what goes on when the key is pressed. Does keyclone get the keypress then figure out what client is in front then select the hotstring accordingly then send it to the wow clients?

I'm also lost as to what goes in the Key field in keyclone when setting this up.

argh argh argh . . . . . . . kill me now!

lol

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

Bugilt I was confused at first, but once I got it the concept was easy. You basically have it exactly right.

Keyclone knows which client is active, so you need a different keymap (I forget the term, I am at work and cant check now) loaded for each window. I don't think this is mentioned in the OP, which is why it took me a while to understand.

To the OP I would suggest a step-by-step guide complete with screenshots or a video? For some people text instructions alone are hard to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ðeceased',index.php?page=Thread&postID=103951#pos t103951
    heya m8y great writeup ^^ and thx for adding me into it :thumbsup:

I'll be adding a few things to this thread at some point so that others can test it out :P (seeing as some ppl are lazyer then me! :P )

also I'd also like to thank keyclone for helping me through the keymapping stuff u rule m8!

Ð

EDIT1: I think i've found a solution for the 255 character limit with the macros ur using

for toonA you don't require the first line of targeting, toonB doesn't need the second etc.. so:

ToonA:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    [mod:alt,mod:shift,nomod:ctrl,target=ToonC]
    [mod:ctrl,mod:alt,mod:shift,target=ToonD]
    [mod:ctrl,nomod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonE]
    /cast [target=targettarget,harm] Lightning Bolt
    /targetlasttarget

ToonB:

/target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,nomod:alt,target=ToonA]
    /targetlasttarget

ToonC:

[mod:ctrl,mod:alt,nomod:shift,target=ToonB]
    /targetlasttarget

ToonD:

/targetlasttarget

and toonE:

/targetlasttarget

keymaps will be the same, but the only issue there is that you wont be able to simply copy/paste the same macro in for all the toons (ie you'll have to change it slightly for each)

Will be adding a little more in future ^^

Ð
    Could you use party1, party2 etc instead of names? My names are pretty long on some characters.

edit: doesnt seem to work, however I did get my first FTL attempt to work! WOOT

[quote='Gurk',index.php?page=Thread&postID=116753#p ost116753]To the OP I would suggest a step-by-step guide complete with screenshots or a video? For some people text instructions alone are hard to grasp.[/quote]I was thinking about writing this all up in the Wiki, if the OP doesn't mind.

And for those needing a basic introduction to hotstrings , [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=110244&highlight=#pos t110244']I wrote a small tutorial for some other guys over here[/url] .

I love this hot string thing, the only thing I haven't got to work is the follow. Anyone have the same problem? Could anyone post what they use? I actually have to hit F2 to target my main toon and then hit my follow key. I just want to be able to hit my follow key. I know D is working on a big button but i cant wait! :P
    Mains Shamans: Shamun, Shamdeux, Shamtrois
    1........10.........20.........30.........40...... ...50.........60.........70
    Alts Mages(21): Mageun, Magedeux, Magetrois, Krystia(Priest)

Quote Originally Posted by 'sicsid',index.php?page=Thread&postID=116840#post1 16840
    I love this hot string thing, the only thing I haven't got to work is the follow. Anyone have the same problem? Could anyone post what they use? I actually have to hit F2 to target my main toon and then hit my follow key. I just want to be able to hit my follow key. I know D is working on a big button but i cant wait! :P
    Here's what I do.

I use Q for my follow key and what keyclone calls the QUOTE button (on UK keyboards, it's next to Enter and has ~ and # on it, on US keyboards I'm guessing it's the one with " and ' on it), this just means that Q ideally shouldn't be bound to anything ingame. (Though incidently, on all my clients it's bound to "strafe left", so I'm guessing keyclone's hotstring simply takes priority, in other words, I can no longer use Q to strafe left.)

Firstly, the hotstrings, I use the following.

This Keymap is loaded onto the Druid.
    Q >> follow.druid
    CTRL + QUOTE >> follow.mage
    SHIFT + CTRL + QUOTE >> follow.warlock
    ALT + QUOTE >> follow.shaman
    SHIFT + ALT + QUOTE >> follow.paladin

This Keymap is loaded onto the Mage.
    SHIFT + QUOTE >> follow.druid
    Q >> follow.mage

This Keymap is loaded onto the Warlock.
    Q >> follow.warlock

This Keymap is loaded onto the Shaman.
    Q >> follow.shaman

This Keymap is loaded onto the Paladin.
    Q >> follow.paladin

Note: The highlighted blue bits above are the hotstrings (and the red is simply to highlight the differences), I like to make easy-to-understand ones incase I need to refer to or edit them later on.

Next, you need an ingame macro, otherwise none of this will work. Luckily though, you use the same macro for each character.

I use Bongos 3, so I can create new action bars and bind buttons to them quickly, so firstly, you'll need to set up a button bound to QUOTE somewhere.

This macro needs to be put onto the QUOTE button (nothing needs to go on the Q button) mentioned earlier on all relevant characters
    MACRO 1 "Follow" Ability_Rogue_Sprint
    /stopmacro [nomod]
    /target [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,target=Warlock][mod:alt,mod:shift,target=Paladin][mod:shift,target=Druid][mod:ctrl,target=Mage][mod:alt,target=Shaman]
    /f
    /targetlasttarget
    END

Note:In this macro, the highlighted blue bits are the character names.

Look at the macro for a sec, see how the modifiers for the classes, ie. SHIFT + CTRL for Warlock match those used in the warlock's hotstring?

IE. The mods used here: [mod:ctrl,mod:shift,target=Warlock] match those used here: SHIFT + CTRL + QUOTE >> follow.warlock

A quick run down of what happens when I press Q on any one of the clients (To the best of my knowledge)
    • I Press Q on the Paladin.
    • Keyclone receives the hotstring follow.paladin
    • Keyclone converts the hotstring into SHIFT + ALT + QUOTE and sends that key press to the other four clients.
    • On the other four clients, SHIFT + ALT + QUOTE is pressed, which activates the macro bound to the QUOTE key.
    • Because the [mods] SHIFT and ALT were used when pressing the macro, WoW sets all four of the character's targets as the Paladin and executes a /follow.
    • The paladin is now being followed by the 4 other characters.
    At any time, I can switch over to any other WoW client, hit Q, and the other characters will follow the active one, it's very satisfying when you get it working like that.

Hope that helps, I've tried to make is fairly straight forward whilst going into some detail at the same time, if you have any questions, shoot, but I'm off to bed now as it's 2:40am here

Very nice writeup Araketh.

Of course I don't mind, if you want to write it up in the wiki go ahead. I've been meaning to do it myself, but have been way too busy over the past few weeks (not even with WoW, bleh).
    I'm sure Deceased would be happy with it too.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Default Spread out macro

Any idea's for a spread out macro with this setup? Seeing as the leader is dynamic, I am having trouble conceptualizing a way to have the slaves move correctly.

Default round robin

Hey guys,

I too have been saving examples and thoughts to share with others for making setup of this easier. It took me a while to figure out what was going on (not to mention I'm new to 5 boxing and the crazy macros this requires) but I have to say this setup is amazing.

My problem now is mastering the round robin with this setup. The OP wasn't too clear on this (or I'm a n00b). For PvP, obviously rotating spells such as earthshock,silence,sheep,etc is a must but if those spells aren't to be used through Keyclone hotstrings how will they work with the dynamic setup? Or did I misunderstand this?

If anyone can provide some more information about this and some examples of the macros they used (and if you hotstringed it or not) would be very helpful.

Other thoughts: I tried using a function key to test out a spell and it didn't seem to work, even though it was unbound on every character - going to do some more testing but it will be a shame if I can't utilize those. Keyclone also intrepets the modifiers if you try and use the keys on the numpad (this is also a bummer - can't have numpad8 bound in game as keyclone with think it is "up" ) Once I do more testing on the function keys and the round robin I'll start a write up or contribute to the wiki whenever it's posted.