Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 15 of 15

if you have installed wow each time then each client will patch normally however if like me (and presumably Beyond-tec) you just copied the directories then there will only be one entry in the registry and the patch will only path the instance that is in that location.

any chance someone with multiple installations can export their blizzard key? sanitised of course. just so I can see how multiple instances work?

atm I just have 3 reg files on my desktop and merge each one in turn, applying the patch

Hmm. I copied my WoW folder to World of Warcraft2 to run a second instance, and they both patch just fine. Even if I patch one and don't start up the second one till the next day, it patches it just fine.

Only thing I can think of is I never use the launcher and start up wow directly, maybe the launcher is where the check is made?

I now have three entries in the registry... one for each instance...

an interesting point is that the ACE updater looks at the WOW value to determine which instance of wow it will update... confused the hell out of me when I first started using it (was looking at my 3rd instance)

Quote Originally Posted by Kopitar
    I download the patch on 1 client, copy the patch to the other 4 clients and run the patch individually 1 at a time from each of the 5 folders.
    This is what I do, and I rarely have a problem with it.

I have 3 WoW directories on my PC but they were all copied in from another computer. They all 3 update fine when I copy the patches to each of their respective directories.
    What they are saying: "Why are those guys following you? Why do they wear the same stuff? Did you pay for all of those accounts? Boxing is so unfair. Ebay? Lozer. Get a life. WTF? Retard. Gay." What they are thinking: "Damn, wish I could do that. That's so cool. This guy rocks! Lucky bastard. Maybe I can get mom to buy me more accounts."