Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Video Capturing and Rendering questions

I'm planning on making some more Movies, some tutorial, some for fun.

Was looking for suggestions on the best type of Video capturing others have found, and the best rendering options as well.

From what I have experienced in the past, with fraps I captured it in half screen and the file size was still insanely large. Rendered it with Sony Vegas using others suggested quality and the end result is a somewhat dissappointing video with an insanely large file size.

I use GameCam (registered version) to capture from WoW. Much better system performance versus fraps and it will allow you select the type of encoding to use while exporting. File size is large but nowhere near what it would be uncompressed. Quality isn't too bad, either (I capture 800x600).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Here's my write up from my site. Maybe it might be useful.

http://bradster.net/forum/index.php?...6b81&topic=6.0
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

I suppose the main problem is the quality I'm getting out of Sony Vegas which you highly recommend as well.

I want small file size and very good looking picture, but I guess that's what everyone wants

Quote Originally Posted by Ellay
    I suppose the main problem is the quality I'm getting out of Sony Vegas which you highly recommend as well.

I want small file size and very good looking picture, but I guess that's what everyone wants
    Using Vegas I save my movies in Max quality .wmv v9. Select custom template, there are some tabs in there for video that you increase the quality (from memory here, I think thats right).

Once finished I use DIVX Converter you can convert it to whatever size you want and its really easy to use. It's bundled with the Divx.com package. Also damn fast too, You can make a Google/Youtube vid version or a compressed version to your desired size.

Ahh, that makes sense then. I just need to use divx.

quote="Ellay"]Ahh, that makes sense then. I just need to use divx.[/quote]

That's the ticket. You can compress it in Sony using Divx as well. There are video how-to guides out there. But I never bothered with doing it that way. Only because the way I do it has always worked for me, but it’s by no means the best.

I would however recommend Xvid over Divx for encoding. Divx does a bad job with audio encoding for videos.

Now that I finally started to get decent with editing wow I have to learn an entire new way of editing with EQ2. I can't use half the tools of have to help me. But it should be fun to see what I can do.

Looking on the EQ2 PVP forum and the server forums, ever other post is a PVP vid. I can't wait to edit something and put it out there. On a good note I can still punt gnomes! I roll evil for reason! Those little bastards.

What version of Vegas do you use Brad?

My uhh "options" seem to be between 7.0e/d and various builds of 8.

I bought Fraps to find that my 'sound card' aka cheap piece of shit chip built into my laptop (SoundMAX) wont let me record sound using Fraps.

Might have to invest in an Extigy or whatever Creative are selling these days for hwen my laptop is docked.

-Dan

[quote="Latency"]What version of Vegas do you use Brad?

My uhh "options" seem to be between 7.0e/d and various builds of 8.

I bought Fraps to find that my 'sound card' aka cheap piece of shit chip built into my laptop (SoundMAX) wont let me record sound using Fraps.

Might have to invest in an Extigy or whatever Creative are selling these days for hwen my laptop is docked.

Vegas 7.0c is the version I have.

Soundmax is a pretty popular generic card, least for IBMs can't beleave that don't support it :evil: I normally never use the sound. But it is nice for watching play backs, makes it a bit less boring while selecting content you want to use.

Fraps support is pretty decent, he takes about a day to get back to you but the guy knows his stuff. He might have a solution for you.

Did a fair tonne of reading on forums, seems SoundMAX is a sound 'chip' versus having the ability to hardware process sound. So it appears all it does is use your CPU to do all your sound while it just having onboard instructions on how to process it.

Apparently some people have gotten it to work with extreme tweaking but its extremely poor quality.

I am looking at just getting an Audigy Card for when my laptop is docked.