Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Showing results 11 to 19 of 19

I am kinda curious of how high I COULD go. I know I could do some of the lower level BC instances if we are all 70, easily even. The beauty of it is I get to need on everything, and run it as many times as I want since I am running all 5 guys. Will take WoW to a whole new level.

My motherboard went out and I have a new one coming on tuesday. I can't wait to start playing again. the computer im on at the moment runs wow at the lowest resolution and detail settings at 10fps with only one account, letalone 5 at the same time at the highest settings possible. I have been playing my guys 1 at a time getting them up to lvl 10 so when I get my motherboard I will be all set. I was doing 5 priests but decided I really need a tank which was why I started this thread. Played for a whopping 1 day and got my guys to level 6 when my motherboard went out.

Default Re: [WoW] 4 shadow priest and a warrior (for instances?)

Quote Originally Posted by jdraughn
    I am wondering if anyone has tried using a warrior to tank and 4 shadow priests all using vampiric embrace and touch as dps and healing, and how well it worked.

4 priests all with vampric embrace up on would be the equivilent of one of the priests healing the main tank (not to mention everyone else) at 100% of the damage he is causing.

With all 4 priests addionally having vamperic touch up, seems like that would be enough additional mana to keep them all going until the fight is up. Crowd control could be a problem though, maybe some mind control? Anyone tried this and can tell me your experiences?
    Never thought of that combo. That does sound pretty hawt
    My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP9...AlyRcyYCHA-3ew
    Due to Blizzards position on Hong Kong, money > freedom. I stopped playing.

I did this with a pally buddy. Works great for multiple mob aggro, depending on how much damage the tank is taking. If it's trash enough that VT+VE+SW:P+flay keeps the tank alive, you won't have any issues. If the tank is taking heavy enough damage that you have to shift out to heal, multi-mob pulls quickly become a problem with no CC. Also, very high-damage mobs means that you have to spend mana healing out of shadowform, which means you're losing 15% straight up healing and mana regen because you aren't in shadowform. Couple that with having to stop mind-flay long enough to heal and you lose even more damage/mana/healing.

It works fine up to a point. Once you hit that breakover point, it stops working so well as you really begin to notice not having CC, not having extremely efficient main heals and not having any AoE worth mentioning.

It is a fun, fun group for anything else, though.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

WHAT?

No a protection pally can not hold the aggro of 4 shadow priests. A regular warrior cant either. Only a prot warrior and a feral druid with aggro talents can.

Edit: I take that back. it might be possible if the priests invests in aggro reduction talents.

errr, DPSer without aggro reduction talents?! Kill him please.
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceromus
    WHAT?

No a protection pally can not hold the aggro of 4 shadow priests. A regular warrior cant either. Only a prot warrior and a feral druid with aggro talents can.

Edit: I take that back. it might be possible if the priests invests in aggro reduction talents.
    Perfectly possible. Ask Ughmaheadhurtz, he's done it :P

Plus with the amount of threat the Pally will be generating, He'll easily cover the DPS of the shadow priests. 25% Damage passive health regen and 5% damage passive mana regen x 4 = lots of nice passive HP and Mana for the Pally to do his little tanking dance.
    Wilbur

Quote Originally Posted by Ceromus
    WHAT?

ORLY?

http://files.filefront.com/Ghazan2av.../fileinfo.html

http://files.filefront.com/Hungarfen.../fileinfo.html

My priests: http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet...yon&n=Dondiego
    My pally buddy: http://wowarmory.com/character-sheet...alyon&n=Anthos

Note that we did all that at level and in trash gear. Not difficult if you play well together. Also should probably be noted that you don't have to kill every boss in under 30 seconds, you just have to kill 'em before they kill you.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I agree with the post above. Pala tank is very good, I didnt believe it untill I have met one.

I was playing enhancement shammy (dont tell me they do less threat then shadow priests :P) with epic gear and have met prot pally in CoT: opening of the dark portal. At start I was thinking that I am gonna be tank once more but actually the pally have lost aggro only a few times. Note that it was not that easy for even our MT to keep aggro with crazy shaman mashing da boss

I went with 4 shadow priests and a paly.

Even with max aggro reduction, talents+paly, I struggled keeping aggro. Tripple dotting a mob and mindflay were most of my damabe output with the very ocassional MB thrown in.

The healing is so so from the drains. With a paly heal chucked in here or there, I managed all the non 70s instances without too much trouble. I did the mini bosses in mech as well as the first boss and I managed several of the other first bosses in the 70 instances. All of my gear was non raid.

Ultimately, the issue with this spec are aggro reset bosses and the lvl 70 instances are littered with them. For example I couldnt do either of the first 2 bosses in Shadow Labs although I would have easily done bosses 3 and 4. With the dots, aggro reset is a nightmare.

Basically, on a tankspank, the setup works fine although you cant nuke till you turn blue with the priests, gotta take it easy. On the pissy bosses, the dots are a nuisance. Also, you have no aoe so stuff like Botanica is hard work.