Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 19

Default [WoW] 4 shadow priest and a warrior (for instances?)

I am wondering if anyone has tried using a warrior to tank and 4 shadow priests all using vampiric embrace and touch as dps and healing, and how well it worked.

4 priests all with vampric embrace up on would be the equivilent of one of the priests healing the main tank (not to mention everyone else) at 100% of the damage he is causing.

With all 4 priests addionally having vamperic touch up, seems like that would be enough additional mana to keep them all going until the fight is up. Crowd control could be a problem though, maybe some mind control? Anyone tried this and can tell me your experiences?

I'd suggest a paladin if you want the tank+4 shadow priest setup. It is a setup I considered trying, but decided against due to the lack of pvp viability with the paladin. One of my fears for PvE was generating too much aggro with the priests against aoe bosses. A lack of aoe is another, but you could use ghetto aoe and just dot up every mob.

Why a paladin? Wouldin't he have a bit of trouble holding agro?

prot specced pala keeps aggro very well, especially on packs of mobs where warrior needs crapload of micro control
    Coffee Resurrects.

Activate righteous fury, run into/pull as many mobs as you want, activate consecration and holy shield every 8 seconds, aoe all you want. You'll probably have to use auto-attack and seal of righteousness too for st damage though. Put judgement of wisdom down for mana regen(not needed with VTx4 I assume), or that one that stops runners against runners.

Whats st mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelar
    Activate righteous fury, run into/pull as many mobs as you want, activate consecration and holy shield every 8 seconds, aoe all you want. You'll probably have to use auto-attack and seal of righteousness too for st damage though. Put judgement of wisdom down for mana regen(not needed with VTx4 I assume), or that one that stops runners against runners.

Definitely take the paladin route if you want to have some fun
    The main issue for paladins is they can hold aggro all day long if mana permits. With 4 Shadow Priests that shouldn't be an issue at all.

st stands for single target. I'm not sure if that term is used in wow now that I think about it...

I mean that consecration and holy shield may not be enough for when your party(ie your other characters) all concentrate on one target, but it might be enough for aoe and healing. For the most part it was for my warlock and druid when I 3-boxed them.

warrior = charge, def stance, demoshout, thunderclap, shieldblock, revenge, sunder armor, sunder armor, shieldblock, shieldslam, revenge, tabbing the next mob, sunder armor, revenge, next mob, sunder armor, ...............

paladin =
    Activate righteous fury, run into/pull as many mobs as you want, activate consecration and holy shield every 8 seconds, aoe all you want. auto-attack and seal of righteousness

so you don't need that much focus on tanking the mobs when you use a paladin. I'd prefer a paladin.
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Definately the Prot specced Paladin.

One thing to consider though, depending on how high into instances you want to go, is that Paladins require more armour to become "Uncrushable" It takes us longer to get to the blessed 490 Although it is still possible from gear pre-Heroics.
    Wilbur