Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default [WoW] Cyrillic alphabet in nicknames

Thats hilarious. Blizzard has just allowed use of Cyrillic alphabet in nicknames. "Russian" servers (Warsong and Stonemaul, you know :P) gone mad about it.

I always hated people with those scandinavian letters in nicknames like "o" with "/" or "e" crossed with "/" because I cant write it. The time has come for you guys to meet Russian nicknames :twisted:
    Good luck with typing it
    Coffee Resurrects.

Been/Being removed :roll:

yeh, blizzard sucks. Some people rerolled only to make cyrillic names. I have seen 30+ lvl guys...
    Also some people transfered to another servers to change names and what... their names have got changed
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by Fursphere
    My 3-man horde shammie team has not had to rename yet.

They all have the characters in thier names.
    Why do you use those characters? Does it make you feel cool or something? It bugs me to the point where I never invite anyone to one of my groups if they have odd characters in their name. having to right click their name and click invite is akin to using the mouse to copy and paste. I always use the keyboard for that. Oh well, to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by jdraughn
    Why do you use those characters? Does it make you feel cool or something? It bugs me to the point where I never invite anyone to one of my groups if they have odd characters in their name. having to right click their name and click invite is akin to using the mouse to copy and paste. I always use the keyboard for that. Oh well, to each their own.
    Well, I'm not a big fan of it myself, but afaik most of those who use Scandinavian letters (æ, ø, å, ä, etc.) - or for that matter German (ü, ÿ, etc.) or Spanish (á, é, ñ, etc.) - do so because of an inability to speak a proper English.

If 99% of the people who can spell your name can speak your language, chance of running into a language barrier is a lot lower.

On the US servers, 99% of people do it to get around restrictions or to get the name they want if the proper spelling is taken.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Is there a keyboard shortcut to inviting?

Because ctrl + c is quicker than highlighting, right clicking, and hitting copy.

When you right click their name, and click invite, it's quicker than typing in their name...

because you dont use cyrillic letters...
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStender

Is there a keyboard shortcut to inviting?

Because ctrl + c is quicker than highlighting, right clicking, and hitting copy.

When you right click their name, and click invite, it's quicker than typing in their name...
    Never said it was faster. I usually just type /invite someones name. as far as speed is concerned, I can probably invite someone faster then you can right click their name and click invite. Unless it's someone who's name looks like soiuselkwslak, in which case I won't usually invite them either because that's a spammers name.