PDA

View Full Version : F me, how do you get to Darnassus now?

Multibocks
11-23-2010, 07:38 PM
I left the last part of the holiday piece (eating at enemy's tables) for today and now you cant get to Darnassus by boat from Darkshore anymore. Seeing as you can't fly well that means Darnassus(and Exodar) are no longer doable for achieve. I also heard that Darnassus and Exodar are no longer boat linked and that alliance get a gryphon ride. Doh.

Ualaa
11-23-2010, 08:28 PM
There has to be a way.
The quest for the war bear, killing the other factions leaders for example.

Starbuck_Jones
11-23-2010, 08:48 PM
Not positive, but I think you can swim from darkshore to Darnassus. No idea how to get to exodar if you cant take a boat ride.

Zub
11-23-2010, 09:00 PM
can still pay a mage for a port i guess?

EDIT: oh nevermind, you're horde >.<
Probably an oversight from the Dev team. It will be ok when you can fly again (on Dec 7th) but the pilgrim achieve is lost for this year it seems

Multibocks
11-23-2010, 09:08 PM
There has to be a way.
The quest for the war bear, killing the other factions leaders for example.

I think this holiday slipped through the cracks. No flying + no boats = screwed. However once Cata hits Im sure we can fly there. I will try swimming and see how that works.

ebony
11-23-2010, 10:38 PM
The Exdor there a boat that takes you there :) the port atDarnassus takes you to SW/exdor but with buffed guards i would not like to try and get though a city atm. (got to think when they planned for this you sould have flying mounts) so if your horde then boom

crowdx
11-23-2010, 11:33 PM
There is a new camp north of Auberdine runes where there is a flight master.

Multibocks
11-24-2010, 12:22 AM
which is only good for alliance.

HPAVC
11-24-2010, 03:07 AM
That swim is tough to make, I recall trying it after missing the boat mounted with water walking and hitting fatigue. Perhaps there is some island I missed or I didn't have crusader turned on (seems doubtful)

Ualaa
11-24-2010, 04:39 AM
Not sure if you could swim/path of frost there now.

You used to get a loading screen.
But now it is a straight flight path.
So the zones might actually connect directly.

Zub
11-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Can go through Stormwind can't we? much harder than auberdine for sure, but isn't there a boat going there from SW?

Multibocks
11-24-2010, 08:47 AM
yes but level 85 guards means lots of corpse runs to get through

Zub
11-24-2010, 09:30 AM
managed to get to SW- tables are outside, easy.
went to docks (via coastline) jumped on southern boat to Darnassus - tables are near teldrassil entrance with ancient trees - easy enough >.<
then took western boat from Darnassus to exodar. tables are outside, easy no agro.
then hearthed, flew to new kargath and rand to IF
IF tables are just outside, but i swear i can't sit on any chair without agroing the guards. Can't sit in combat. i can't seem to do it.
maybe if someone does a diversion

Starbuck_Jones
11-24-2010, 01:06 PM
For the IF tables, I had to die and then rez next to a chair and sit in the 2-3 second window of opportunity before the guards agroed again.

Stormwind one is also where I just stood around for 20min to shoot rogues now that dalaran is empty.

Multibocks
11-24-2010, 06:18 PM
ya blue just confirmed today that they don't give a shit.

Zub
11-24-2010, 06:47 PM
ya blue just confirmed today that they don't give a shit.
i just completed mine this morning. Hardest was IF honestly, but duo'd it kiting the guards in turn.
slowest to get to was exodar (SW->Darn->Exodar) but not difficult in anyway (although i was flagged the entire time, no one annoyed me)
Do not try and run through the city, the level 85 guards just shoot their bows from a distance and you die very quickly.
Remember that when you get on a boat the guards somewhat lose interest in you, so wait until the boat is there and just sprint to it.

It's harder than pre-4.0.3a, but definitely doable

Multibocks
11-24-2010, 11:44 PM
so how do you get to docks if not through city? swim around?

MiRai
11-24-2010, 11:46 PM
Swimming north from the northern coast of Westfall will definitely get you there. Now in the new world not sure if there is
an easier route from the northern side of the docks.

Zub
11-24-2010, 11:51 PM
yup, as fenril said, just swim from the top of westfall and you'll get to Stromwind docks.
the first dock (south) has the boat to Darnassus, the middle two have nothing (static boats) and the last dock (north) has the boat to Borean Tundra.

just wait in the water until the boat arrives, then sprint to the boat and wait there. guards will shoot at you on the way to the boat, but will stop/evade/reset once you're on the boat.

Careful, there are some level 85 sharks in the water as well, but quite deep.

Multibocks
11-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Have been able to get SW and Darnassus so far, exodar is taking a while just due to waiting for boats. Can't wait for IF =X

Zub
11-25-2010, 03:47 PM
Have been able to get SW and Darnassus so far, exodar is taking a while just due to waiting for boats. Can't wait for IF =X
Once you get on the Exodar boat it's very easy. the tables are outside and you can even sneak in without getting close to any guards.

In IF, the tables are just outside as well, but some guards will agro. just get one of your toons to kite them away, or kill a guard or two. fortunately, the GY is right next to the tables :-)

Multibocks
11-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Actually you can do this solo at IF. Just die next to tables and then res and click chair as fast as you can. I was able to sit before guards aggro'd and killed me again.

Xinxo
11-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Took about 25 tries to get to Darn taking the boat from SW. Once you have done that one, Exodar is cake.