PDA

View Full Version : Binding Mouse Clicks to your Keyboard

Bigfish
12-18-2008, 12:36 PM
This is something I came up with after reading Falkor's Automation of Quests (Including Slaves) ('http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7010') . Basically, its a way to left click or right click the environment for things like talking to NPCs or dropping AOEs.

/script SetBinding(".", "TurnOrAction")
/script SetBinding(",", "CameraOrSelectOrMove")
/script SaveBindings(1)

In this case, "." is assigned to right click and "," is assigned to left click. For those of us who hardware box, what this means is so long as we pre-position our mice, we can talk to an NPC, drop AOEs, mine, skin, pick herbs, click portals, etc without having to jump to an individual mouse per character.

Now, as far as I can tell, this only works for interacting with the environment. It won't accept groups or quests or the like, but we already have macros for most of that. The big advantage here is that if you want to drop 5 Blizzards or Flamestrikes or what have you, you can just by hitting the macro and your binding for left click.

Jubex
12-22-2008, 12:35 AM
How accurate is the aoe's on slaves compared to the master.
and 0 replies has anyone else tried this?

Gadzooks
12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
How accurate is the aoe's on slaves compared to the master.
and 0 replies has anyone else tried this?Interesting. I'm gonna play with this, probably Wednesday night (Woo, xmas!). I'll report back with what I find. I have two AOE toons, a mage and a lock - this could be very useful - and I don't see anything "illegal" about it.

Bigfish
12-22-2008, 12:42 PM
It works, but its stability and accuracy is based entirely on how well the camera on your alt is positioned in the first place, and the terrain you're using it in. A small dip in the terrain can cause your mouse to hover over a spot thats 100 yards away. I'm sure with some practice it would work really well.

The real question is how often does this sort of AOE come in handy? Such spells are typically mana intensive, and require pulls of 5+ to really start dishing out more damage than you could other wise get spamming a direct damage spell. Potential Volley exclusion until the incoming nerf.

I don't understand how this could possibly be againt the rules though. It still requires a mouse pointer and a hardware click to activate the spell cast.

Edit: Come to think of it, I HAVE been thinking about running an alt group, and one of them is a warrior-priest-lock-mage-hunter combo, so I'll check on just how viable it may be.

algol
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
It's not hard to make a script that zooms out to max and orients the camera directly overhead - if that's the only problem.

Bigfish
12-22-2008, 01:19 PM
Well, to be more specific, its not just a matter of where the camera is pointed, but if the camera is running in to anything. Max distance over head is fine until you go in to a building or a cave or have an intervening structure between the camera and where you're trying to drop your pie plate, but you have those worries with any camera angle. Its not a perfect method, but its an option for people who REALLY want to drop blizzards, volleys, rain of fires, death and decays, hurricanes, etc.

algol
12-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Um, Blizzard crits now. Of course we want to?

RoF...well, I think Hellfire still wins there usually. But new Blizzard? Yum.

Oh...and if there's a cave ceiling or something in the way? It's going to be in the way for everyone...and if your followers are all following, they'll be on almost the same spot thus have the same max Z and identical or nearly identical views. So...it should work most of the time.

Mamut
12-22-2008, 11:18 PM
I've been using something like this. I actually zoom the camera into first person and have the alts looking straight down, this is for summoning my army of trees or dropping 5 hurricanes on top of me. For trying to position the AoE away from my party i have not had much success with any accuracy yet. I found click broadcasting to be better for that. But this is coming from a software boxer pov as i only use 2 systems at this time.

I love dropping an army of tree into the middle of a group of alliance from stealth. So much fun :D

#showtooltip Force of Nature
/script SetBinding("SHIFT-BACKSPACE","CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE")
/script SaveBindings(1)
/cast Force of Nature
/petaggressive

I hit backspace, shift +backspace, then backspace a third time if i want them to all go aggressive.

For Hurricane its the same. But other then an AoE pull that im going to tank it hasn't been as much use.

#showtooltip Hurricane
/script SaveBindings(1)
/cast Hurricane

I bound this to "\" right under my backspace so i can quickly hit slash then shift +backspace.

Starbuck_Jones
12-23-2008, 08:48 PM
Anyone try using mousekeys that's built into windows to do mouse clicks?

algol
12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
Anyone try using mousekeys that's built into windows to do mouse clicks?

That would only work if you have one client per session of Windows.

elsegundo
12-24-2008, 02:19 PM
how about for use with fishing? would this work if i have the pointer moused-over the cogwheel?

Bigfish
12-24-2008, 03:12 PM
how about for use with fishing? would this work if i have the pointer moused-over the cogwheel?
Yes.

elsegundo
12-24-2008, 04:26 PM
sounds like i'll be leveling fishing! =]

Multibocks
12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
hmm how do you use the backspace key when you want to actually... backspace?

elsegundo
12-24-2008, 06:45 PM
hmm how do you use the backspace key when you want to actually... backspace?when you're typing text in chat, none of that gets sent to the characters. which is why you can type setences and well.... not have your map, social, guild, skills, talents, LFG etc windows pop up while you type. so pressing backspace whe you want to backspace implies that you're in chat... which should not interfere with your macro.

Zub
01-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes.
but your five bloppers will never the same spot, you'll still need to move the mice independently i think,
And in any case, the fish will not bite the hook at the same time.

Bigfish
01-20-2009, 10:33 AM
but your five bloppers will never the same spot, you'll still need to move the mice independently i think,

I didn't say it was easy to box fishing. I just said it will click the blopper.

Franzol
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
this is for summoning my army of trees or dropping 5 hurricanes on top of me.

Since I started 5 boxing I always wanted something like this but I tought it was impossible.

Thanks a lot from a Spanish multiboxer.

Evilseed
01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
This is something I came up with after reading Falkor's Automation of Quests (Including Slaves) ('http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=7010') . Basically, its a way to left click or right click the environment for things like talking to NPCs or dropping AOEs.

/script SaveBindings(1)

In this case, "." is assigned to right click and "," is assigned to left click. For those of us who hardware box, what this means is so long as we pre-position our mice, we can talk to an NPC, drop AOEs, mine, skin, pick herbs, click portals, etc without having to jump to an individual mouse per character.

Now, as far as I can tell, this only works for interacting with the environment. It won't accept groups or quests or the like, but we already have macros for most of that. The big advantage here is that if you want to drop 5 Blizzards or Flamestrikes or what have you, you can just by hitting the macro and your binding for left click.
I just tried this method out and it isn't very organized and has wierd camera stuff. Not to useful IMO, but maybe a Deathknight might seem some limited use. A Mage/Hunter/Druid/Warlock/etc certainly will need something much, much more functional to even think about AOEing.

Mousecloner
01-29-2009, 11:21 AM

I didn't say it was easy to box fishing. I just said it will click the blopper.

In other words, what you are allowing is a very unorganized, wierd camera angle, uncontrollable cast.

If you want a more natural approach to casting AOEs which gives you the power to cast them wherever and whenever, that is where Mousecloner ('http://mousecloner.com/') comes in.

Bigfish
01-29-2009, 11:51 AM
Hey Everyone, lets all go give Evilseed/Mousecloner (why the same guy is posting from 2 different accounts 2 minutes apart, I have no idea) 13$ for something that can be set up for free!

Seriously though, I LOVE the way you use seperate accounts to espouse your own product while bemoaning the alternatives. Do we get a free bottle of Snake Oil if we buy a licsence?

Svpernova09
01-29-2009, 11:53 AM

/script SaveBindings(1)

I just tried this method out and it isn't very organized and has wierd camera stuff. Not to useful IMO, but maybe a Deathknight might seem some limited use. A Mage/Hunter/Druid/Warlock/etc certainly will need something much, much more functional to even think about AOEing.If you don't use "/script SetView(4);SetView(4)" Somewhere in your AoE macro, You will run into camera issues. And while it may not be 100% accurate on systems where you're running multiple instances of wow, it is free and having your DnD / Hurricane / Blizzard spread out a bit certainly helps in PvP situations where the target is going to be moving, and not sitting there idle allowing himself to be eaten by 5 aoes, if he is, he deserves to be camped repeatedly.

Tehtsuo
01-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Hey Everyone, lets all go give Evilseed/Mousecloner (why the same guy is posting from 2 different accounts 2 minutes apart, I have no idea) 13$ for something that can be set up for free!

Seriously though, I LOVE the way you use seperate accounts to espouse your own product while bemoaning the alternatives. Do we get a free bottle of Snake Oil if we buy a licsence?You obviously didn't read his post very well. This method has "wierd camera stuff," it's obviously inferior to spending 13$ per machine for the same thing. Every competing alternative to such an overpriced product needs to be attacked so people can enjoy wasting their money.

Svpernova09
01-29-2009, 11:57 AM

Seriously though, I LOVE the way you use seperate accounts to espouse your own product while bemoaning the alternatives. Do we get a free bottle of Snake Oil if we buy a licsence?You obviously didn't read his post very well. This method has "wierd camera stuff," it's obviously inferior to spending 13$ per machine for the same thing. Every competing alternative to such an overpriced product needs to be attacked so people can enjoy wasting their money.I'd like to start charging $13 (per machine you read the thread on, all proceeds going to d-b.com), Wonder how long that would last.

Tehtsuo
01-29-2009, 11:58 AM

Seriously though, I LOVE the way you use seperate accounts to espouse your own product while bemoaning the alternatives. Do we get a free bottle of Snake Oil if we buy a licsence?You obviously didn't read his post very well. This method has "wierd camera stuff," it's obviously inferior to spending 13$ per machine for the same thing. Every competing alternative to such an overpriced product needs to be attacked so people can enjoy wasting their money.I'd like to start charging $13 (per machine you read the thread on, all proceeds going to d-b.com), Wonder how long that would last.SOLD! Where do I send my moneys?

Owltoid
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
When looking for blue approval, you're intentionally avoiding telling the part about predetermined X,Y coordinates. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that you skirting the rules will get people banned and/or cause Blizzard to bring down other legit programs when banning yours.

Tonuss
01-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Come on Fur, I just got home and all of the threads are closed! :pinch:

olipcs
01-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Well, I know this is only in 'one-half'-ontopic (so if someone want to remove this or convert it in another thread feel free to do),
but I recently asked at the European-EN-CS forums about mouse-broadcasting via software in general, and given them some scenarios I hoped they would clarify if ok, or not...

..if anybody want to read them, the thread could be found here:
Blizz CS Forum: Multiboxing and Mousebroadcasting ('http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html;jsessionid=129A1ED5EA06DAE59B03EC83A3D A70E8.app06_02?topicId=7701104439&sid=1')

...honestly I was a little bit diaspointed by the general answer beeing:

This isn't really a different issue from what has already been discussed before in various multiboxing threads; the same principles apply whether we're discussing distribution of keyboard or mouse commands. As long as each action for each character is taken manually, with no automation involved, we don't have an issue with it. I'm not familiar with the particulars of the software you have at your disposal though, and answering your examples in detail would require knowledge of how the software operates and obtains various information. All I can suggest is that you review our policies once more to ensure none of its workings actively break any of them.
..because general its not realy a 'Yes' or 'No' which i would have hoped (and could have lived with), but general more vague stuff...

..nevertheless I thought I would share this...

tripleboxed
01-14-2010, 09:37 PM
I've been using something like this. I actually zoom the camera into first person and have the alts looking straight down, this is for summoning my army of trees or dropping 5 hurricanes on top of me. For trying to position the AoE away from my party i have not had much success with any accuracy yet. I found click broadcasting to be better for that. But this is coming from a software boxer pov as i only use 2 systems at this time.

I love dropping an army of tree into the middle of a group of alliance from stealth. So much fun :D

#showtooltip Force of Nature
/script SaveBindings(1)
/cast Force of Nature
/petaggressive

I hit backspace, shift +backspace, then backspace a third time if i want them to all go aggressive.

For Hurricane its the same. But other then an AoE pull that im going to tank it hasn't been as much use.

#showtooltip Hurricane
/script SaveBindings(1)
/cast Hurricane

I bound this to "\" right under my backspace so i can quickly hit slash then shift +backspace. not working for me i made it a macro put on my 6 button hit 6 then shift backspace and nothing happends whats wrong

tripleboxed
01-23-2010, 02:05 PM
not working for me i made it a macro put on my 6 button hit 6 then shift backspace and nothing happends whats wronganyone?

tripleboxed
01-23-2010, 02:12 PM
If you don't use "/script SetView(4);SetView(4)" Somewhere in your AoE macro, You will run into camera issues. And while it may not be 100% accurate on systems where you're running multiple instances of wow, it is free and having your DnD / Hurricane / Blizzard spread out a bit certainly helps in PvP situations where the target is going to be moving, and not sitting there idle allowing himself to be eaten by 5 aoes, if he is, he deserves to be camped repeatedly.i dont understand why this isnt working for me i make it a macro and press what key so it can pop my army of trees

Nolife
01-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Hope you realise you resurrected an old thread? (Last post before yours was 01-30-2009)
Much has happened in a year. I'm not sure if it's even possible to do this anymore.
What software do you use for multiboxing?

donut132
03-15-2010, 10:46 PM
so these do not work anymore?

Bigfish
03-16-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't know whether to be proud or horrified at my undead thread.

Zub
03-17-2010, 11:57 PM
I don't know whether to be proud or horrified at my undead thread.
You should be honored!
someone did a search, and found YOU :-)